The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:If you're anything like me, it was the frequent dips to 20fps and overall muddy look of the game that turned you away. This PC port is looking glorious.
Could be, as that is what happened with me with the 360 version of Dark Souls 2. Honestly, after this console generation is over, I'm none with the non-Nintendo consoles. Well, depending on any great exclusives, of course. But great exclusives are a dying breed.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yakuza 5 soon and Yakuza 0 getting a PS4 release. I still need to get through 3 and 4 :lol: .

Samurai Souls looks cool but even Japan whitewashes their protagonist :lol: Definitely a wait for reviews/sale game because the studio basically killed the Ninja Gaiden franchise.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Damn you, Sony! VR Rez has me highly interested.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm not sure I understand why Geralt's little sister dressed up like a ninja and walked into a Souls game, but it sure looks like it could be good.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

cautiously excited for Nioh. I like the aesthetic and the gameplay looks like it's... weighty? in a Souls-esque way. I read there is a stamina bar as well, and a visible stamina bar for enemies, which is kinda cool.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Dialogue options in Uncharted 4? What. It looks amazing but if...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Drake's brother needs help but ends up backstabbing him, I'm never buying another Naughty Dog game again.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

wut
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

People have been asking for that since day 1. It only took them 15 months.

:lol: :tup: This looks stupid and really fun.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Wang Mandu wrote:People have been asking for that since day 1.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Tried the first Witcher just for the hell of it. Okay. Fighting & controls are completely different then the sequels, huh? I'm thinking the mouse only scheme is a bit less aweful since it's more like SW:KOTOR and those games.

I'm planning on 2016 being the year of Witching.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:
Right? :lol:
The Bill wrote:Tried the first Witcher just for the hell of it. Okay. Fighting & controls are completely different then the sequels, huh? I'm thinking the mouse only scheme is a bit less aweful since it's more like SW:KOTOR and those games.

:tup: If the combat isn't clicking, just put it on easy and breeze through the story.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:
Right? :lol:
The Bill wrote:Tried the first Witcher just for the hell of it. Okay. Fighting & controls are completely different then the sequels, huh? I'm thinking the mouse only scheme is a bit less aweful since it's more like SW:KOTOR and those games.

:tup: If the combat isn't clicking, just put it on easy and breeze through the story.
Sometimes I hate having so many games because I have too many choices. My plan is Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, No One Lives Forever 2, The Witcher... and that's enough, because that takes me out into the future a good chunk. Plus, Skyrim every now & again.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I'm still kind of reeling from the fact that they announced Yakuza 0 being localized too. not sure if I'll double-dip on that one having played through the jp version, but it's pretty great they're doing it.

I hope they leave in all the collectible gravure videos.

I'm still pretty stoked that I'll get both the Y1 remake and Y6 next year. It's a pretty good time to be me re: video games
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I've been reeling from every game announced since 3. There's no way these game should still be coming out. It's pure fanservice at this point and I love it.

Fired up Yakuza 3 last night and remembered why I put it down. The beginning is incredibly slow. I'm at the point where you head back to Kamurocho so I'm excited to play after work. Kazuma is one of my favorite video game badasses.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

They continue to sell like 500,000 copies in Japan so they'll continue to make them. I'm not complaining. 3 has some serious pacing issues but makes up for it in the second half.

Hyped for 5, only one I haven't finished. Stopped playing my import when they announced the English version.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

also they announced that the final fantasy 7 remake is going to be episodic and i'm losing my mind laughing at butthurt nerds, it's like christmastime in schadenfreudeland

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151993
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:They continue to sell like 500,000 copies in Japan so they'll continue to make them. I'm not complaining. 3 has some serious pacing issues but makes up for it in the second half.

Hyped for 5, only one I haven't finished. Stopped playing my import when they announced the English version.
:tup: Saw a lot of people saying to skip 3 and go straight to 4 but fuck that. Good to know, and I already figured, the story picks up soon. Okinawa is a nice city but Kamurocho is home.

Didn't you say 0 was your favorite one? I wrote it off as prequel trash but that trailer announcing the Western release has me ridiculously hyped up. Playable Majima sounds unbelievable.

Neogaf is amazing for nerd meltdowns. People were pissed The Witcher 3 won goty at the Video Game Awards instead of Bloodborne. Mad because of an award :lol: Journalists can't handle niche games like Bloodborne :wank:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

copstache wrote:also they announced that the final fantasy 7 remake is going to be episodic and i'm losing my mind laughing at butthurt nerds, it's like christmastime in schadenfreudeland

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151993
At the very least it seems that most of that thread is also laughing at the idiot.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I went through Steam and created a wish list of games, so that if any go on an excellent sale I'll know right away. Some games aren't even out yet, some I've owned in the past on a console, but these below I'm taking a roll of the dice with. What say you, Reeelapse Professional Posters:

Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell - I never bothered with the 360 version as SRVI (while fun) really felt like an expansion pack. Is this an expansion pack of an expansion pack?

Westerado: Double Barreled - Is it wrong that I don't find all this pixel art retro or hip, but rather lazy?

Ori and the Blind Forest - Rayman has raised the platformer bar so high, I dread any non-Mario titles.

Layers of Fear - First person horror is cool in theory, but I'm not Geoff. I don't run, I fight! This one seems like it could be different.

Stasis - Horror that's not about running, but isometric views are not my thing in my old age. Maybe a the Witcher play-through will stop this prejudice.

D4: Dark Dreams - I thought this was an XBOX Kinect only title.

The Wolf Among Us - Will a choose my own adventure video game keep me engaged?

Kentucky Route Zero - I hear it's unfinished, but worth it any way.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - I tried it once on July 3rd some years ago. Never went back and can't remember why.

Bully: Scholarship Edition - I avoided this title because I hated Rockstar. GTA5 made my un-hate Rockstar.

Jade Empire - Is it as engaging as Mass Effect?

Guacamelee! Gold Edition - Is it hard? I remember hearing it was really hard, and I don't have the patience for that shit.

*if it goes on sale for .99 cents American, I will buy and beat Aliens: Colonial Marines just to prove a point and to spite something or another thing. This I promise, YOU!!!!!!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

not to defend some faggot final fantasy spergelord but that is fairly awful to tease people about that shit for so long and then release such a game episodically. on principle more than anything really..

i guess if your life revolves around waiting for a remake of any final fantasy you deserve to go to the guillotine but does there really need to be a non turn based final fantasy remake chopped up into 8 pieces? fuck you

I have 8 children.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

FVBTVS wrote:not to defend some faggot final fantasy spergelord but that is fairly awful to tease people about that shit for so long and then release such a game episodically. on principle more than anything really..

i guess if your life revolves around waiting for a remake of any final fantasy you deserve to go to the guillotine but does there really need to be a non turn based final fantasy remake chopped up into 8 pieces? fuck you
:tup: :tup: :tup:
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

TheBill, Stasis seems great but a tad short for $25. Bully is a phenomenal game but I can't remember if the PC version is any good. Check the Steam forums to be sure.

:lol: at all these PS2 games getting re-released on PS4 at $15 a piece. I tried to play San Andreas a year ago on PC. I didn't even get through the first mission because it aged horribly.

Forgot how funny amd weird Yakuza is. Walking around at night with Haruka eating ice cream and singing karaoke and then throwing street punks into lamp posts. :pizza:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: :lol: at all these PS2 games getting re-released on PS4 at $15 a piece. I tried to play San Andreas a year ago on PC. I didn't even get through the first mission because it aged horribly.
I was wondering if I just can't handle any of these games because I skipped the PS2 era, but I guess that's not the problem, then. I downloaded a few for the PS3, but it always seems like a chore - I should play this game because it's somehow important to know it, but fffuuuhharrgh the controls and uuhhhgghh the graphics and then I just pop in a current gen game I've played a million times before.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

And TheBill, Jade Empire is kind of shit nowadays. Hand to hand combat doesn't translate well using Kotor style combat.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:And TheBill, Jade Empire is kind of shit nowadays. Hand to hand combat doesn't translate well using Kotor style combat.
Oh. Oh my. I thought it was a live action kung-fu extravaganza. I don't need it. See, that's why I listed those games.