The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Nintendo has become a giant fuck-up of a company kept alive by retards obsessed with nostalgia.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yeah, that is pretty hilarious. Downloading patches and digital games is going to fill that up quickly.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

DR. THRAXX wrote:Nintendo has become a giant fuck-up of a company kept alive by retards obsessed with nostalgia.
Their success in this past generation was found in finding new consumers who weren't going to buy one of the competetor's products in the first place. Mostly anyway.

I am a nostalgia-obsessed retard and I have to say I will not be buying this system until I see some games. I am loyal to these franchises because they've never let me down ever. I'm not fucking spending 400 bucks to play another New Super Mario Bros game though. I can't believe that's all they've got for this.

Nintendo stumbles constantly and has always had fucked up releases and weird launch lineups. At this point, I believe it's simply a condition of being an oldschool game company - one who makes video games and consoles exclusively, unlike Microsoft or Sony. Every other company who used to operate like Nintendo does is dead. It puts them at a categorical disadvantage in many ways. I think not having a single fucking new game to sell alongside the release of your new flagship product is a good example of The Problematic Fuckups. It's just like when they tried to sell the Gamecube and only had a new Pacman game to show off. Fuck.

Eventually I suppose one of those fuckups will be fatal but I don't think this is the one. It might be around the corner but I don't think it's going to be this November.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
Forget that, THIS:

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Of course being free and being fan made the probability of mediocrity runs high. But I have full faith, damn you.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

whats that obsidian picture about?
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Pisscubes wrote:
fallbacktostone wrote:whats that obsidian picture about?
A.I.D.S.:The Game
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
He's right. The dragoon swallowing his own body is representative of the main character, Gay Russian Drago, whom some how has given himself AIDS by blowing himself. It's a epic HIV filled quest as Drago must traverse time and reality itself to find out the mystery of who came first, the Russian or the AIDS?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I want to play a game where you start in a room and a guy in front of you says "I write story and dialog for video games!" and you press left bumper trigger to blow him up...
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I haven't had a Nintendo system since the N64. I'll probably pick a Wii U up in a couple years when the price drops to $200 as it surely will to play the backlog of Zelda & Mario games I've missed since Wii games will be compatible and you they're making Gamecube and previous games downloadable.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:
:ax: :ax: :ax: I'm sure there will be an easy mode for you where you get AIDS from a blood transfusion instead of barebacking hairy middle aged dudes in an alley.

They're announcing a new game on Friday and have been posting images like that and other clues here and there. People are speculating it'll be a Kickstarter and is a PC only, old school type rpg. Obsidian free from the shackles of kike publishers like Bethesda and LucasArts will be glorious.

Goatus, all I know about BMS is it's a Half-Life (2?) mod. I still need to play Half-Life 2.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

wat
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Still haven't played Portal 2 either despite buying it on release. My Steam backlog is crushing me.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I actually replayed Portal 2 recently and found it surprisingly fun despite the fact that I could pretty much do 90% of it from memory. I thought it wouldn't hold up to repeat playthroughs at all, but it works. A lot of it is JK Simmons. Guy's an underrated genius.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

The Bill wrote:So, the extra expensive version of the Wii U contains a whopping 32 GB of memory. :fp:

My iPod is double that, and my phone equals that. Hell, I have a $5 flash drive some where that's barley less than that. I think Nintendo done Dreamcast-ed. It done CD-i-ed itself.

I have no idea what I'm talking about.
It is SSD and they are still expensive. Comparing it to flash drive memory is not fair because they normally do not have the same quality because it is not expected you use a flash drive as your main drive. A 256GB SSD drive costs around $200 dollar bux, so it is not realistic.

Why they went SSD would be another question. It was too early for it, but in the other hand the PS4 and Xbox720 will have them for sure, and by then they will be cheaper.

Anyway, I as well think Nintendo Dreamcasted themselves, but I am not sure, everyone said the Wii was a piece of shit before its release, a major failure, etc, and it was pretty successful.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Jesus! Downloading Black Mesa right now is impossible. I was going to DL at work, so didn't have to do so at home, but my work day is slightly less than the 18 hours it will take. Boooo!!! Guess it's Crysis and Boarderlands for me tonight after all.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Krieg wrote:everyone said the Wii was a piece of shit before its release, a major failure, etc, and it was pretty successful.
Sure it was successful at first, but anyone I know who has a Wii rarely uses it. and as far as family systems go with the Wii U it's not really budget priced, so will the new user just buy a 360 with Kinect on the cheap?

It will be interesting.

Nintendo isn't going anywhere though, they own the handheld market, and they've been successful in creating good systems and games for that.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Doesn't Nintendo usually sell consoles at a profit and not a loss (The Cell :lol: and RROD lol fuck buying a 720 until 3-4 years into next generation) ?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Wang Mandu wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obs ... t-eternity

In for a stupid amount of money. :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
The backers and pledged total are adding up quickly. Just sit there and reload every 5 seconds.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Oh, this is going to be fully funded no doubt. Now it's just a matter of how much they'll get.

Interview about the game.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/1 ... rview.html
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Wang Mandu wrote:Doesn't Nintendo usually sell consoles at a profit and not a loss (The Cell :lol: and RROD lol fuck buying a 720 until 3-4 years into next generation) ?
I think I remember reading that the 3DS is the first system that they've sold at a loss? I'm not sure if that's true or not.

They're pushing this thing as being much more than a game system. Or, at least different with regards to exclusive purpose. The Wii TV thing that they showed looks like they hope people buy this more as an all-around entertainment device for their living room than as an object that will allow them to play the sequel to an Iraq War themed shooting game.

It has a tablet that lets you fuck around with Netflix and tv channels and stuff. Have you guys seen the video? It looks so far abstracted from anything you'd traditionally see from a video game company that I wonder if their self-perception has shifted. They're pushing the idea of social networking and showing ipad-style GUIs on the tablet device with little apps to tweet Justin Beiber facts.

This could all be some stupid bullshit that they all but abandon within a year or two, focusing on games... but I think that this might be for the guy who'd rather buy 'a tablet lookin thing for the family' than just one apple product for just one family member...? It looks like an ipad but it's easier to understand it's potential functions...
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Friendly Goatus wrote:The backers and pledged total are adding up quickly. Just sit there and reload every 5 seconds.
Almost a quarter of a million raised and it's only been up for two hours. :invcross:
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Just bought Baldur's gate I/II, Icewind Dale I/II, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights and some other dnd stuff I haven't heard of for 30 bucks off gog. I'll add them to the giant pile of shit I still need to wade through from the stream summer sale. :fp:
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Comrade Slinky wrote:Just bought Baldur's gate I/II, Icewind Dale I/II, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights and some other dnd stuff I haven't heard of for 30 bucks off gog. I'll add them to the giant pile of shit I still need to wade through from the stream summer sale. :fp:
Tempted to grab the Baldur's Gate stuff myself. Never played all the way through either and liked both. But, apparently there's an enhanced edition of the first one coming out soon?

er... google just revealed a delay. probably not worth the bigger price tag:

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/20802-bal ... -november/
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

yeah slinky, you just bought two lifetimes worth of gaming..