Re: general love for the police catchall thread

Post by neckbeard »

poor girl probably took a wrong turn in albuquerque
kale
TheLonelyRock
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by TheLonelyRock »

death by snoo snoo wrote:Posted already?

http://www.alternet.org/rights/146490/% ... nt_beating

I was there, but on a different block than the filmer. Good times!
aka drinkBlackCoffee
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

Re: That Cop Shoot Corgi story from a while ago.
Now there’s video, which you can watch below. It’s horrifying, but I’d urge you to watch it, and to send it to the drug warriors in your life. This is the blunt-end result of all the war imagery and militaristic rhetoric politicians have been spewing for the last 30 years—cops dressed like soldiers, barreling through the front door middle of the night, slaughtering the family pets, filling the house with bullets in the presence of children, then having the audacity to charge the parents with endangering their own kid. There are 100-150 of these raids every day in America, the vast, vast majority like this one, to serve a warrant for a consensual crime.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUa ... r_embedded<

don't really want to watch this.
kale
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
ErikTeethoftheDivine
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by ErikTeethoftheDivine »

The columbia, MO SWAT attack is 30 minutes from my house. Sad rare example, and poor warrant execution. PD said dog was 'acting aggressive ' and was justified - of course. the PD got hosed by local media.

The warrant was signed something like 8 days before based on informant info that there was significant amount of drugs, guns and money in the residence, warrant was served 8 days later due to lack of SWAT memebers available and lo and behold nothing there.

Columbia PD has since changed thier warrant policy to serve them the day they are signed.
Renegade Rabbi
Keep it thick...

Post by Renegade Rabbi »

Police Officer's home, car torched

http://ajc.com/news/police-officers-hom ... 23375.html

:tup:
RHT wrote:You piss and moan about jews but make a thread about losing a crumby ten bucks to CoinStar? Fuckin' kike
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

ErikTeethoftheDivine wrote:The warrant was signed something like 8 days before based on informant info that there was significant amount of drugs, guns and money in the residence, warrant was served 8 days later due to lack of SWAT memebers available and lo and behold nothing there.
So?
kale
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Post by kmfcm »

i walked into the A-plus one night, and there was a cop there and he complimented my Coalesce hoodie
"the fuck is this?, the fuck is that?"
ErikTeethoftheDivine
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by ErikTeethoftheDivine »

neckbeard wrote:
ErikTeethoftheDivine wrote:The warrant was signed something like 8 days before based on informant info that there was significant amount of drugs, guns and money in the residence, warrant was served 8 days later due to lack of SWAT memebers available and lo and behold nothing there.
So?
no real point or justifying it other than I doubt many of you have charged into a building that based on the information you have received is full of drugs, guns and bad guys. Your're pretty hopped up. SWAT are used in high risk warrants - not families hanging out. But the intel they got was old and bad.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

ErikTeethoftheDivine wrote:
neckbeard wrote:
So?
no real point or justifying it other than I doubt many of you have charged into a building that based on the information you have received is full of drugs, guns and bad guys. Your're pretty hopped up. SWAT are used in high risk warrants - not families hanging out. But the intel they got was old and bad.
The original point of making a big deal out of this video was that this happens way too often
My crime column this week is on the Columbia, Missouri, SWAT raid.

Takeaway:

It’s heartening that nearly a million people have now seen the Columbia video. But it needs some context. The officers in that video aren’t rogue cops. They’re no different than other SWAT teams across the country. The raid itself is no different from the tens of thousands of drug raids carried out each year in the U.S. If the video is going to effect any change, the Internet anger directed at the Columbia Police Department needs to be redirected to America’s drug policy in general. Calling for the heads of the Columbia SWAT team isn’t going to stop these raids. Calling for the heads of the politicians who defend these tactics and promote a “war on drugs” that’s become all too literal—that just might.
kale
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

Awesome. They should have a pin for "raided wrong house"
kale
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

neckbeard wrote:
fuck yes they should. A few years ago cops in my hometown did that twice in one fucking WEEK! "Street versus Lane, huh? eh, doesn't matter."

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR
Threads Endlessly Scrolled

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

neckbeard wrote:
Raid on an innocent suspect.
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

i thought innocent suspect implied "we thought they had something, but they didn't."

John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

http://wjz.com/local/preakness.fight.in ... 08562.html

Debate Sparks Over Video Recording Of Arrests

Several Marylanders face felony charges for recording their arrests on camera, and others have been intimidated to shut their cameras off.

That's touched off a legal controversy. Mike Hellgren explains the fierce debate and what you should do to protect yourself.

A man whose arrest was caught on video faces felony charges from Maryland State Police for recording it on camera.

"We are enforcing the law, and we don't make any apologies for that," said Greg Shipley, MSP.

Video of another arrest at the Preakness quickly made its way online, despite an officer issuing this warning to the person who shot it, "Do me a favor and turn that off. It's illegal to videotape anybody's voice or anything else, against the law in the state of Maryland."

But is he right? Can police stop you from recording their actions, like a beating at the University of Maryland College Park?

The American Civil Liberties Union says no.

"For the government to be saying it has the power to prevent citizens from doing that is profoundly shocking, troubling, and particularly in the case of Maryland, simply flat-out wrong," said David Roach, ACLU.

Under Maryland law, conversations in private cannot be recorded without the consent of both people involved.

But can that be applied to incidents such as one caught on tape three years ago where a Baltimore officer arrested a teenager at the Inner Harbor?

"When you tell me to turn it off because it's against the law, you've proven to me that I'm not secretly taping you," said law professor Byron Warnken. "He doesn't have the right to say, if you don't stop recording me, I'm going to arrest you."

The last official interpretation of Maryland's law came from the previous attorney general saying it was legal for officers to record video on dashcams.

Delegate Sandy Rosenberg is pushing the current attorney general for his opinion on whether you can record them, too.

"If he finds that there are circumstances when it's illegal, under existing law, to tape public actions by police or other public officials, then it's appropriate for me to introduce a bill to change that statute," said Rosenberg, Democrat, District 41, Baltimore City.

At this point, the attorney general has not indicated whether he will issue an opinion clarifying this law.

Cop out of uniform without badge pulls gun on motorcyclist without identifying himself.

Sadistic storm troopers beat student senseless for the sheer pleasure of it.

Baltimore cop assaults teenager for the crime of riding a skateboard.

neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

East Haven family says police shot dog

Updated: Thursday, 27 May 2010, 12:11 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 27 May 2010, 12:11 AM EDT

New Haven, Connecticut (WTNH) - An East Haven family is fuming after learning their dog was cremated after it was shot by police.

Surveillance video from Saturday shows officers with guns drawn running down a driveway on George Street chasing after Mike Daddio.

He was wanted on a warrant for failure to appear in court following a drunk driving arrest.

Witnesses say, as they chased Daddio, they shot one of the dogs.

The family says the cremation may have covered up evidence in the case and they've hired an attorney to look into it.

Police say shooting a dog is allowed by law if an officer feels they're in danger.
kale

neckbeard wrote:East Haven family says police shot dog
lets kick this bitch up a notch....

STATE TROOPER SHOOTS KITTEN!!!
Trooper kills a kitten and loses his job

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/05/29/ ... z0pLweqVT2

BY MICHAEL BIESECKER - Staff Writer

A state trooper who wanted to stop animals from climbing on his vehicles trapped his neighbor's 5-month-old kitten and shot it to death.

Former Trooper Shawn C. Houston was charged in October with cruelty to animals and injury to real property, both misdemeanors, according to court records. The Highway Patrol dismissed him in January.

Houston, 39, declined to discuss his firing this week. But in an appeal of his dismissal filed May 10, the former trooper contends that he was treated unfairly and that he deserves his job back.

The court filing says Houston was bothered by something climbing on vehicles parked at his home in Granite Falls, a small community about 170 miles west of the Triangle. He had also caught a glimpse of "an unknown animal" that jumped out at him "during the hours of darkness," according to his appeal.

The trooper, who said he was concerned for the safety of his three young sons, baited a steel trap with ham and captured a small domestic cat. When Houston tried to remove the animal, which did not have tags, it scratched him, according to his appeal. Then he killed it.

"The Petitioner did not know if the cat had rabies or any other disease," the summary filed by Houston says. "The cat was hissing and growling at Petitioner and Petitioner shot the cat."

Next-door neighbor Andrea Evans said the cat's name was Rowdy. The kitten, which was mostly white and orange, was a birthday present to her son.

Evans said Rowdy could be mischievous, as kittens sometimes are. But the trooper's tale of a wild and scary beast doesn't square with the demeanor of her family's kitty, she said.

"He was really very sweet," Evans said. "He was never aggressive, even at the vet."

Rowdy gets lost

Rowdy slept inside the house at night but was let out to play in the mornings. The Evanses and the Houstons live in a rural area, a couple of miles from the closest stoplight. Evans said people largely keep to themselves.

When Rowdy didn't come home, the Evans family trekked around the neighborhood to see whether anyone had seen him. When she learned what Houston had done, Evans called the Alexander County Sheriff's Department.

A deputy responded and interviewed the off-duty trooper, before telling Evans there wasn't much he could do.

Evans then went to speak with a county magistrate, who issued a criminal summons against the trooper on the two misdemeanor charges. The value of the Evans family's "injured real property" was estimated at less than $200, court records show.

Evans testified against the trooper at his December trial.

She said Houston's sons had played with Rowdy, and she doubts his story that he mistook the cat for a stray.

"We played with him out in the yard every day," Evans said. "I don't know how he could have missed it."

Records show District Court Judge Carlton Terry Jr. granted Houston a prayer for judgment continued, a legal finding of guilt that does not impose any penalty. The trooper paid $125 in court costs.

The state Highway Patrol dismissed Houston on Jan. 22, according to state records. He had worked as a trooper about three years.

Sgt. Jeff Gordon, a spokesman for the patrol, said he could not comment, citing state personnel privacy rules. A hearing on Houston's appeal is tentatively scheduled for August.

A burial at home

Evans said they got the dead kitten back from Houston the day of the shooting but have had little interaction with him since. The children of the two families no longer play together.

Evans, her husband and children buried Rowdy on their property after a modest funeral. To this day, she said, Houston has not apologized.

"It's been rough on us, it really has been," she said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/05/29/ ... z0pLwz3r00

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/05/29/ ... z0pLwlYTW1
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

I...
kale
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/bcso ... other-bust

BCSO's party patrol nets another bust
Newly formed unit may continue

Updated: Sunday, 30 May 2010, 6:34 PM MDT
Published : Sunday, 30 May 2010, 6:34 PM MDT

* Reporter: Crystal Gutierrez
* Web Producer: Devon Armijo

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - The second weekend of the Bernalillo County Sheriff Department's new Party Patrol was fruitful and the program could be extended.

BCSO is going all out by utilizing 16 deputies and the department's helicopter to bust up underage parties.

Early Sunday morning, the patrol arrested Miguel Montiel, 44, and charged him with five felony counts of giving liquor to minors.

Deputies were called to a loud party in a South Valley neighborhood just after midnight.

Montiel owned the house and was at the party when officers arrived.

Inside the home, deputies said they found five minors with bloodshot eyes who admitted they'd been drinking.

The youngest was 15-years-old.

They told deputies it was a graduation party.

Graduation parties and the holiday weekend were the reasons BCSO started party patrols.

Last weekend, they busted up 16 large parties in the South Valley, North Valley and East Mountains.

The department said the busts show the patrols are working.

Saturday night's patrol, however, could be the last.

The sheriff's department said it will evaluate the past two weekends to determine if the patrols are working and if they should continue through next weekend.

The teens at Saturday's party were also cited.

---------

think that the citations ended up being less than the cost of the operation? your tax dollar at work, new mexico.

John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/23810790/detail.html?hpt=T2

Off-Duty Officer Fatally Shoots Unarmed Marine

Man Shot 6 Times Outside Baltimore Nightclub

BALTIMORE -- City police officials continued to investigate Monday after an off-duty police officer fatally shot an unarmed Marine outside a nightclub early Saturday.

According to Baltimore City police, Tyrone Brown -- a 32-year-old Marine who has served two tours of duty in Iraq -- was shot at 13 times at close range, with six shots hitting him. He died a short time later.

The incident happened outside a nightclub in Mount Vernon.

Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the officer, identified as 36-year-old Gahji Tshamba, shot Brown after Brown made advances toward a woman who was with the officer.

"After the advances, the officer and the individual exchanged words," Gugliemi said. "There was an argument, and the altercation turned physical. At that point, the officer pulled out his service weapon and fired multiple shots at our victim."

Brown's sister said she was there when her brother was shot. She said they were out at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday when they approached a group of people -- including the off-duty officer -- leaving Eden's Lounge.

"There was absolutely no physical contact," said La-Belle Scott, Brown's sister. "The supposed officer was not in any harm whatsoever. He (Brown) had his hands up to show he didn't have no weapons or anything."

Scott said her brother tried to diffuse the situation.

"My brother tried to approach him, saying, 'Calm down, calm down. All this is uncalled for.' And, the next thing you know, several shots rang out. It was maybe eight or nine shots that rang out, and then, all I know is my brother is telling me, 'I'm shot,'" Scott said.

Brown's family said they're having a hard time understanding the whole situation, saying Brown wasn't a violent man.

"It's just crazy that he would have to shoot 13 times at an unarmed man," Scott said. "He was a loving, caring person. (He) always looked out for everybody. He loved his kids. His family came first."

Brown is survived by a wife and two children.

"Tyrone was the love of my life. I don't know how else to put it," said Brown's wife, Loren. "We just (have to) take it one step at a time, one day at a time and just put it in God's hands. That's all I can do."

As they gather to support each other, the family said they have one wish for the future.

"I just hope justice will be served because my brother was supposed to walk me down the aisle next month. I'm getting married on July 24, and he would've walked me down the aisle and he's not here," Scott said.

The state's attorney's office will review the evidence and decide whether to file charges, which also is customary, he said.

Police said they are investigating whether alcohol was a factor. The officer declined to take an alcohol breath test.

Guglielmi said Tshamba, a 15-year-veteran, shot a man in the foot after a confrontation while off duty in 2005. The shooting was found to be justified, but Tshamba was disciplined because he was under the influence of alcohol.

Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III has ordered his senior commanders to oversee the investigation.

Officers typically carry their service weapons while off-duty in Baltimore, but Guglielmi said they should not be carrying their guns if they intend to become intoxicated.