Who all is snowed in?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: Who all is snowed in?

Post by copstache »

Deez Nutz wrote:It's ridiculous. We got as much snow in December 09 as we did in 2003 and 1996 - over two feet. But I just came in from shoveling, and there's more snow out there than I've ever seen in my 35 years on the Earth. We're supposed to get near 30 inches.
yup this. were you living here in 96 or 97 when we got that blizzard? we had about 3 feet.

all the cars in the parking lot are white bumps in the snow and we're supposed to get another foot yet
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Burpcore the GRIM
Nespithe

Post by Burpcore the GRIM »

We were only supposed to get 1 - 3 inches here but it looks like we got about 4 - 6. Unfortunately, about an hour or so south of Cleveland, they're still getting pounded until at least 10:00 PM tonight so it looks like we're putting off recording for a few more days. :(
"Work as stripper and expect cunt to last forever? Get real" - Hornie

http://www.myspace.com/embalmerband

Xbox Live - DeadForever666
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

I'm actually sort of nervous - I'm supposed to fly in to Dulles tomorrow for a job interview about an hour outside of DC. Should I upgrade my rental car to a 4WD? I'm going to have to wear some boots but all I have are hiking boots. Maybe I should go out and buy nice ladies boots today? I AM ALMOST FREAKING OUT HERE! Maybe enough snow will be cleared on Monday that I don't have to worry for my actual interview day.

:? :?
*burp*
cold radiance
DO THE DEW!

Post by cold radiance »

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 7.0373&e=1

It's not going to stop snowing until later today, I think. Then the temperature won't be high enough for it to melt. It totally depends on what roads they'll clear and where you're driving, but...it's not going to be easy.

I would be more worried about the flight in...

BTW, I was just in the Dulles Airport a few weeks back...god that place sucks...
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

bloodybloodlicker wrote:I'm actually sort of nervous - I'm supposed to fly in to Dulles tomorrow for a job interview about an hour outside of DC. Should I upgrade my rental car to a 4WD? I'm going to have to wear some boots but all I have are hiking boots. Maybe I should go out and buy nice ladies boots today? I AM ALMOST FREAKING OUT HERE! Maybe enough snow will be cleared on Monday that I don't have to worry for my actual interview day.

Car Services are neither rare, nor, consequently, terribly expensive in that area, might want to cancel your rental altogether and get chauffeured... you might not have to worry about boots in that case either.
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR
Threads Endlessly Scrolled
Threads Endlessly Scrolled

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

the snowpocalypse !!!

suck on that big hairy cock, global warming !!!

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpxiCxO5 ... r_embedded<
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Yeah, Lisa, forget your cares and get a limo - problem solved!
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

Necrometer wrote:Yeah, Lisa, forget your cares and get a limo - problem solved!
If they saw her pulling up in that they might not think she needs a job. You know there are car services that aren't limos, right?
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Taxis?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm fucking with you...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Deez Nutz
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Deez Nutz »

bloodybloodlicker wrote:I'm actually sort of nervous - I'm supposed to fly in to Dulles tomorrow for a job interview about an hour outside of DC. Should I upgrade my rental car to a 4WD? I'm going to have to wear some boots but all I have are hiking boots. Maybe I should go out and buy nice ladies boots today? I AM ALMOST FREAKING OUT HERE! Maybe enough snow will be cleared on Monday that I don't have to worry for my actual interview day.

Forget it. With the amount of snow we're getting (I'm 30 min. away from Dulles), I highly doubt the roads will even be clear tomorrow, much less the Airport even being functional. This is a seriously historic storm for this area.
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

Deez Nutz wrote:

Forget it. With the amount of snow we're getting (I'm 30 min. away from Dulles), I highly doubt the roads will even be clear tomorrow, much less the Airport even being functional. This is a seriously historic storm for this area.
yep....tomorrow will be a wash for sure. I hope everything is moving at Dulles by next thursday though when i'm supposed to fly in. Isn't there supposed to be another storm next week?
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

:(
*burp*
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

copstache wrote: yup this. were you living here in 96 or 97 when we got that blizzard? we had about 3 feet.

all the cars in the parking lot are white bumps in the snow and we're supposed to get another foot yet
3 feet schmee feet!

That's a before and after of my Grandpa and Great-grandpa clearing snow.

On the other side of the family my Grandpa said he had to dig down and cut a hole in the roof of the chicken coup 'cause the snow was piled so high he couldn't get in to feed them otherwise.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

I legally can't drive home from Ohio right now...oh well...I got booze and old friends.
Deez Nutz
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Deez Nutz »

Just came in from another round of shoveling. I've got roughly 26 inches and it's still coming down.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

Deez Nutz wrote:

It can barely make out the cars in our parking lot. The news said the storm should be on it's way out but with temps below freezing for the next few days and more winter weather on Tuesday we're fucked.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

The chair of the search committee for the position just emailed me and said that it's stopped snowing and that the streets should be okay between Dulles and the town by tomorrow afternoon (although the airport will be a zoo). Of course, then he wrote "If you are able to come tomorrow and if you run into any problems that you think I may be able to help with, here's my phone number..."

If I am able to come tomorrow? That doesn't sound promising. :(
*burp*
12 Months of Mao
opinionated sumbitch

Post by 12 Months of Mao »

When I got out of bed to call out I was greeted by a voicemail telling me that no delivery trucks had been able to make it in either last night or this morning and to enjoy my night off. I've got beer, weed, a frozen pizza, a bunch of new records and a plethora of movie choices. Thank you snow.

Fuck yeah Cliffhanger is available to watch on Netflix.
Last edited by 12 Months of Mao on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a high-IQ mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy which characterizes my species!" - Drinky Crow
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah i don't think you're going to have much fun. you'll be able to get around but it will probably suck. if you don't mind saying, what city/town are you interviewing in?

masochrism- tuesday i think.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Deez Nutz
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Deez Nutz »

Lisa, where in NOVA are you going? Fairfax county, despite the economy, is one of the most prosperous places in the country right now, especially around Tyson's Corner... the place is destined to become the second financial hub. With that said, the county has many incentives to get the roads clear as quickly as possible. Also, if you make it in to Dulles, you should be able to use the new underground train system they just opened to get people to and from the terminals.
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

bloodybloodlicker wrote:The chair of the search committee for the position just emailed me and said that it's stopped snowing and that the streets should be okay between Dulles and the town by tomorrow afternoon (although the airport will be a zoo). Of course, then he wrote "If you are able to come tomorrow and if you run into any problems that you think I may be able to help with, here's my phone number..."

If I am able to come tomorrow? That doesn't sound promising. :(
what the fuck? all three airports in the area have suspended all flights until further notice. what the hell is this guy thinking? there is no way any planes are landing there tomorrow...i mean MAYBE, but it would have to be a miracle of snow removal.
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

oooooooooh is the new train system really open at dulless??? last month it was close...
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

I've been watching this dude through my window. He's been trying to shovel his car out for the last 3 hours and he still can't get it out. Looks like he gave up.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

I will be near Harper's Ferry... that's as specific as I can get, in the interest of internet anonymity.
*burp*
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Black Jacques wrote: That's a before and after of my Grandpa and Great-grandpa clearing snow.
:moreawesome: :moreawesome: :moreawesome:
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com