fuck the 'new poor'

Music posts are a bannable offense.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

fuck the 'new poor'

Post by canon.docre »

I just read this article with a bunch of people moaning about how they are scraping by on $1500-$2000 per month like they are on the verge of being homeless. This one couple is like "our apartment costs $1400 per month, and we only have an income of $1600 a month." Try living somewhere you can fucking afford, dumbass.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/21/busin ... ed.html?em

"She and her husband now settle their bills with only his $1,595 monthly disability check. The rent on their apartment is $1,380."

"Until she was laid off two years ago, Janine Booth, 41, brought home roughly $10,000 a month in commissions from her job selling electronics to retailers. A single mother of three, she has been living lately on $2,000 a month in child support and about $450 a week in unemployment insurance — a stream of checks that ran out last week. Today, Ms. Booth pays her $1,500 monthly mortgage with help from her mother, who is herself living off savings after being laid off."

You were making $10,000 a month selling electronics to retailers and are now grinding your elderly mother for mortgage payments. Jesus fucking christ. Its not the economies fault that your life of excess is biting you in the ass.

"She does not have the money to move to a cheaper apartment.

“You have to have money for first and last month’s rent, and to open utility accounts,” she said."

Maybe you should have thought about that when you lost your job and had $24k in fucking savings 2 fucking years ago.

This is exactly the reason I hated that Sicko movie, it totally pandered to spoiled assholes like these people.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Re: fuck the 'new poor'

Post by delmuerte »

Well that was unexpected. But agreed.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I see people struggling because of the economy and then I see people who think they're struggling... and I want to shoot them in the fucking face.

Yes, you have to buy groceries from safeway now instead of wholefoods. You can't afford your yearly cruise vacations. You had to trade in your gas guzzler for a prius. fucking waaah
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

When I made good money, I had good digs. When that stopped, I moved. Renting rules.
turn these off meatman.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Living cheap and comfortably isn't that hard. I don't see what everyone's problem is.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Friendly Goatus wrote:I see people struggling because of the economy and then I see people who think they're struggling... and I want to shoot them in the fucking face.

Yes, you have to buy groceries from safeway now instead of wholefoods. You can't afford your yearly cruise vacations. You had to trade in your gas guzzler for a prius. fucking waaah
Eh, definately don't want a Prius at the moment, that fucker will keep cruising on ya. People complaining like that truly does piss me off. I grew up with a single parent who made utter shit and still does. Then I'd go to my grandparents for a weekend or all summer (where I live now) and the shits like heaven.
Here's the thing though, the difference between my grandparents and my mother is, my grandparents know how to spend money wisely and use coupons on stuff. My mother buys some expensive shit and there goes her paycheck which equaled not much to eat. Which sucked even worse due to coming home from working out for 2 hours. lol Compared to 2 retired grandparent's living in a house they've lived in for idk how many years, with 2 brand new cars which were needed. (The old car literally was falling apart, and my pap-pap needed a truck for something I could drive since I'm toooo big for most cars.) Aldi's becomes your friend (they have some good shit) and shopping at several places instead of just WalMart (Thats a fucking Monopoly here, only a handful of smaller stores left here. Walmarts pretty much forced the other places out of business!).

Long story short if you want to make it with a shit Economy, Coupons are your friends, shop wisely, and don't blow it all. Why do you think I'm jewish with my money? Unless it comes to close friends....and alcohol.
PSN- BroMan43
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

BroMan wrote: Aldi's becomes your friend (they have some good shit) .
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
captain
Inhale/Exhale

Post by captain »

My personal favorite is people who bitch and complain about having no money, but at the end of the week when they get their paycheck, go and blow anywhere from $50-150 or more at a bar. I mean, at least if you spend the money on something stupid like a game, you will have the game the next day. All you get the next day from a large bar tab is a hangover and a deep sense of "oh, fuck...". (Edit: Also, some of these people who are trying to be "responsible" will opt not to drive, but take a cab home instead, another $20-40. Not promoting drunk driving, but c'mon)

2nd place goes to a girl I used to know that would complain about money troubles, but would spend $50 on something like lip plumper.
"Never follow a hippie to a second location" -Jack Donaghy
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

captain wrote:My personal favorite is people who bitch and complain about having no money, but at the end of the week when they get their paycheck, go and blow anywhere from $50-$150 or more at a bar. I mean, at least if you spend the money on something stupid like a game, you will have the game the next day. All you get the next day from a large bar tab is a hangover and a deep sense of "oh, fuck...".

2nd place goes to a girl I used to know that would complain about money troubles, but would spend $50 on something like lip plumper.
3rd place goes to the girl I work with who's bitching about credit card debt, but tries to go home early from work all the time.

Oh yeah, bars...Why go to some dirty, loud, smokey shithole filled with a bunch of people you detest when you could spend a fraction of that money drinking in the comfort of your own home (while doing stuff you actually enjoy doing!)?
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

As I said shop smart, my dad and Pap-pap every month or half a month buy a couple cases of beer and stock up the fridge in the basement, which is way cheaper than a buy. You don't have to buy rounds for all the moochers. lol
PSN- BroMan43
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

oh man, does punk fuckin' rock have a full tank again or what!?!
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Can't afford gas prices... gotta siphon some anarchy from the neighbor's punk rock.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

must protect backyard garden from non-vegans!
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

comfort oriented people complaining about less than adequate comfort? doesn't that just get my walnut/navy bean based goat!
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

That sounds like pretty delicious faux goat.

GAUXT?!
fvkk
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

For a lot of Americans anything less than what they've been raised to believe they're entitled to = privation. They played by the rules, they went to college, they got all the loans, they got that stupid boring job, they married and had kids and bought a house and did everything they were supposed to do and now...they can't get everything the TV says they deserve and must have so that their neighbors and friends won't laugh at them? Riot time.

They won't do anything. They'll get on the internet and complain about it.
ShitTheBed
13 Frightened Souls

Post by ShitTheBed »

I find it funny that everyone is now as poor as I was to begin with. Welcome to the club, richers.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

monsterod wrote: When that stopped,

hahaha
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

father of lies wrote:That sounds like pretty delicious faux goat.

GAUXT?!
hahahaha :beer:
ImageImageImage
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Great thread, great sentiment. USA is filled with retards and there's massive machinery working tirelessly to keep us (them?) stupid.

Lots of people think NPR is like a "good" place for information, but they're just more classy while peddling the same bullshit agenda. On-topic: heard a NPR news story about how fucking TOUGH things are in the recession, and their prime anecdotal case was some cunt who couldn't afford her $80 weekly mani/pedi any more. So now she just gets two a month. I was seriously digging for some satirical subtext, but came up dry. The angle was that we should feel sorry for this moron. FUCK.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

I agree with all the sentiment in this thread, especially the point that Bored put forth, but I also don't want to lose sight of my disdain for the machinery that keeps people who make, say, $4,000 a month thinking that they're somehow not poor. Noah's sarcasm is well taken. Poor people have long been squandering what they have at pubs, and what do you suggest? that the poor should be robbed of every joy they have? My problem is with capitalists and those who jangle the keys to our shackles. I get your anger at the "new poor" and the secret delight taken at seeing the middle class have to learn to go without mani-pedis. But I'm angrier at something much bigger.

I evict people from their homes all day long. That's my stinking job. Some are first class clowns, drug addled fuckos without any concept of decency. But. Most aren't. Breaks my heart.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote: I evict people from their homes all day long. That's my stinking job.
:what:
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
Kurt Russell's Beard wrote: I evict people from their homes all day long. That's my stinking job.
:what:
It gets worse: I evict people from their mobilehomes and trailers. On good days, I'm able to convince one of the slumlord landowners to allow an old lady some extra time to pay her rent. On bad days, well...
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:I also don't want to lose sight of my disdain for the machinery that keeps people who make, say, $4,000 a month thinking that they're somehow not poor. Noah's sarcasm is well taken. Poor people have long been squandering what they have at pubs, and what do you suggest? that the poor should be robbed of every joy they have?
C'mon man, even the poorest people here are living REAL cozy compared to the shit most people in the rest of the world have to put up with. Where's your existentialism? This whole "wealth --> happiness" thing is not an absolute concept, it's relative. But that relativity only goes as far as one can see. So the poor people in USA are not actually having universal/objective "bad" living conditions on a global scale. I don't understand how people (e.g. you and EEEOOO) start out with this assumption that since civilization exists, the LEAST we should tolerate is comfy/lavish suburban living for everyone in the country? People are not living in squallor, and they're not fighting for their lives. People are on unemployment and still have internet and DVR and a car. How are these necessities for life? The reason I have no sympathy for the new poor is because I see the utter stupidity in people's attempts to "keep up with the Joneses" when they have money - it's not a problem of economics when these peope become "poor", it's a social problem. They'd rather go deep into debt than be forced to re-evaluate their standing in this imaginary competition to be "doing well" in the eyes of their peers. If you guys know how many of these people's homes were loaded with the most useless bullshit products... no... I have no sympathy for them.

Noah... average people will always be "feeling the pinch" of not being rich, it's human nature. You're living in a retardedly expensive city, if you are not rich enough to live there, go somewhere else. This whole country (no idea about Canada) is a luxury cruise compared to other parts of the world or other times in history, but of course EVERYONE needs MORE, right?

Oh a new Noah post - hey brainiac if you want to feel richer move to a place with a lower cost of living. This shit is not complicated.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

that was one of the shittiest most over-generalizing posts I've ever read from you Ross.

edit: the only thing remotely true about your post is that as far as per capita income is concerned, the US currently ranks high in the world. even in that instance relative income has completely flatlined and we're dropping all the time, not to mention per capita income is irrelevant when the concentrations of rich people aren't taken into account. but aside from that (ultimately non-denotative) fact, that post reads like a Glenn Beck rant.