Do you look forward to getting old?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Do you look forward to getting old?

Post by Mari_Mar »

Bored, Esq. wrote:Trolled.
Nice cop out, duder...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i dont care as long as i can watch tv and get pie eyed.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

zzzzzzzz wrote: That's that DMT kicking in, I knew a dude that was clinically dead then revived after being hit by a car, he said while dead he spent a month in downtown Memphis and even rode on a jet with a pimp in a purple suit. He talked about how the city was mostly deserted and he would go sit in an apartment and watch the sun set every night.
How much time had passed in real life?
Bored, Esq. wrote:
Hypnagogia wrote: So maybe you don't fear death itself, but you must realize that it will, whenever it happens, prevent you from accomplishing whatever you were going to later.
I take it for granted that when it comes time to die I'll feel good about the life I've lived. What's the point of regret, really? Even if I do feel regret I'll soon be dead and it won't exist anymore. Not much to worry about.
I'm not talking about regret; you said earlier that you only fear not accomplishing all that you wanted to, and death will prevent you from doing something.

The way you describe makes it sound as if you want to be dead, but don't have the balls to actually kill yourself.
Very emo-goth of you, Bored; let's see those cutter scars.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

BUNGVOX wrote:i dont care as long as i can watch tv and get pie eyed.
What does "pie eyed" mean???
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

SHIT HOUSED BRO
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Mari_Mar wrote:
it's what happens to epileptics when they watch power ranger type anime.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Hypnagogia wrote: Very emo-goth of you, Bored; let's see those cutter scars.
Oh, they're only on my heart... ;)
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
zzzzzzzz wrote:Haarr, I remember when I was 21 maybe when the full realization of death hit me (after years of thinking I was already there and cool with it) and I had trouble sleeping and thinking for a month or two. That's all sorted out, so I just work towards what I want to do, I don't care about getting old or dying, all the people that do cool shit are old and death happens.
All it would take for your self-deception to come crashing around your feet is for another close call to happen, a friend dying, etc. Seriously. Life comes in stages. You'll hit the next one and have more sleepless nights until you find ways to calm yourself. All the people who do cool shit are old? Are you serious? What experiences do you have with the elderly? Fucking christ man. Maybe I'm bitter running all these elderly mobilehome parks but goddamn, the majority of old people are slow and fearful.
Do you ever have an honest moment, Matt?
Oh, let’s just drop it, yeah, hahaha, isn’t this your thread? For a guy so completely unique and set apart from the human race, you sure do make a lot of posts about the big topics, death and suicide and such, as many as I probably answer. You’re constantly provoking reaction, throwing yourself goodbye parties, reinventing yourself as unique, goading and rewarding and stalking, and you’re going to suggest that if I knew you IRL…hahaha, IRL, did you just fucking type that?! that all would be revealed and I would extend my tongue to catch the special fucking snowflake that you are?!

You talk of honest moments? Okay, here’s the honest moment, IRL: we all get together and you’re the creepy one in the corner leering at people and blaming your “brain problems.” Hahaha, give me a break, Umesh. I may have my flaws, admittedly, but we have to capitalize the word Flawed when referring to you. My narcissism? No worse than yours, man. It’s sort of funny. Do you not find it funny? Admit it, it’s kind of funny.
Trolled.
I’m not buying it. Because you’re sort of a coward. Which makes this the clammiest backpedal-handshake ever extended to me. You reached for the TROLLED card but I can smell the shit in your pants.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

by the way sprucing this thread up a bit to lift me out of the depths of depression

ah, much better
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote: I’m not buying it. Because you’re sort of a coward. Which makes this the clammiest backpedal-handshake ever extended to me. You reached for the TROLLED card but I can smell the shit in your pants.
Matt, you're such a jackass. Just drop it. I warned you about embarrassing yourself.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Mari_Mar wrote:
you ever smoke weed sugarplum????
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Kurt Russell's Beard wrote: I’m not buying it. Because you’re sort of a coward. Which makes this the clammiest backpedal-handshake ever extended to me. You reached for the TROLLED card but I can smell the shit in your pants.
Matt, you're such a jackass. Just drop it. I warned you about embarrassing yourself.
Of course you want me to drop it. But not to spare my feelings! But we'll drop it. Sure.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

BUNGVOX wrote:you ever smoke weed sugarplum????
Yeah...
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

hipster holocaust wrote:by the way sprucing this thread up a bit to lift me out of the depths of depression

ah, much better
Is she...yours?
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

hipster holocaust wrote:by the way sprucing this thread up a bit to lift me out of the depths of depression

ah, much better
Is she...yours?
yup!
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

ah, much better
Is she...yours?
No. She's from the "Infatuated With" thread.

EDIT: I mean, "Yup!" :oops:
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

As long as I'm financially sound and I'm not stricken with dementia/alzheimers, yes. I'm aspiring to be an old jazz snob in my 80's.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Speak of the devil, here's an article I just found RE: aging, empathy, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/health/02case.html
As she spoke, I realized why my instincts were so completely off. In my misguided empathy I had committed what William James called the psychologist’s fallacy, assuming incorrectly that one knows what someone else is experiencing. With this newly widowed patient I imagined that only a life of sadness and decrepitude remained, and I felt bad about it.

But I was wrong. She had not fallen into the abyss. She was glad to have finally won a measure of freedom and was determined to make the best of it. As her life unfolded at the nursing home over the next year, she threw herself into new activities and relationships in a way that was quite unexpected.

All of us lapse into such mistaken impressions of old age from time to time. It stems in part from an age-centered perspective, in which we view our own age as the most normal of times, the way all life should be. At 18 the 50-year-olds may seem ancient, but at 50 we are apt to say the same about the 80-year-olds.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Mari_Mar wrote:
Yeah...
did you just take one toke and say 'im good thx' or did you really get peeled?
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

BUNGVOX wrote:
Mari_Mar wrote:
Yeah...
Really peeled...

:oops:
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Mari_Mar wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:
Mari_Mar wrote:
Yeah...
Really peeled...

:oops:
then you got pie eyed honey.

that's hot.
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Marissa used to smoke a lot of drugs. It's true.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:Marissa used to smoke a lot of drugs. It's true.
Only weed!!! :x
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:Marissa used to smoke a lot of drugs. It's true.
to me that's pretty killer.

and that's my plan for getting old: do some drugs and forget that people exist.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

hipster holocaust wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:Image
Is she...yours?
yup!
if you're serious i have never hated anyone as much as i currently hate you.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES