Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: hallucinogen FAQ thread

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Bad trips build neuroses.
Big Blood Grenade
DO THE DEW!

Post by Big Blood Grenade »

Comrade Slinky wrote:Bad trips build character. Seriously.
I dunno man. I am all for earth-shattering experiences and intense critical introspection. But after that first one, I found it hard to even handle weed for a long while. I'm not sure if anyone here is differenciating between a "bad trip" (like being in a bad mood and having intensely negative thoughts about one's life/the world) and having a full-on panic attack while on psychedelics, but what I am talking about is having your heartrate jump to 180 sitting still, looking in the mirror thinking you rubbed a fucking hole in your face, and feeling like you are actually gonna die. But I guess if building character is learning ultimate respect for mind-altering substances and realizing you're playing with some serious fire when you eat spiritual sacraments like tic tacs, then yeah.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Big Blood Grenade wrote: But I guess if building character is learning ultimate respect for mind-altering substances and realizing you're playing with some serious fire when you eat spiritual sacraments like tic tacs, then yeah.
This plus gaining control over the horror you are experiencing through sheer will power. Don't disrespect what you are doing, know your limits and learn to keep your head.
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

noah thirteen wrote:Why do I get the feeling trying this now would be so much less awesome than trying it when I was 15?
its because you are an adult.

in all honestly, I don't really smoke weed anymore or even drink that much. I'm comfortable with a nice cup of Earl Grey tea and the occasional Marlboro.
Hotchka!
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Hotchka! »

eyehatethehumanrace wrote:the occasional Marlboro.
time to grow out of this now
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

Hotchka! wrote:
eyehatethehumanrace wrote:the occasional Marlboro.
time to grow out of this now
nah, smoking is like zen for me. I love watching the sun rise, at peace puffing on a cig and admiring nature.
Big Blood Grenade
DO THE DEW!

Post by Big Blood Grenade »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
Big Blood Grenade wrote: But I guess if building character is learning ultimate respect for mind-altering substances and realizing you're playing with some serious fire when you eat spiritual sacraments like tic tacs, then yeah.
This plus gaining control over the horror you are experiencing through sheer will power. Don't disrespect what you are doing, know your limits and learn to keep your head.
I can see that. There's something to be said about learning to push through.
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

eyehatethehumanrace wrote:
noah thirteen wrote:Why do I get the feeling trying this now would be so much less awesome than trying it when I was 15?
its because you are an adult.
Because everything is new and romanticized at 15. The teenager doesn't need it like adults do.
fvkk
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

TheDOAD wrote:yeah noah. Im no Trip hound but I feel like it is a much better thing to do being older and Smarter.

And Monstrod. Just go for it. 1.2 and 8th will do you fine. I dont reall like mixing it with anything. If you toke some it will FEEL good, but nothing really happens to change your Mindset in My experience. A few stems wont really give you much. Maybe a slight body buzz and deep thoughts at best. Its still nice. but just dive on in. its really not so bad here in the pool.
I dunno...I'm used to being really high, as I am now, but not really sure what to anticipate with this. Either way, I will assume I just have to ride it out if I'm not having fun. Still gonna have some chillaxers on hand though.
turn these off meatman.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

i love when everyone here is a drug expert but most of you can't balance your checkbook
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Hahaha...they also scar you for life.

But if I were you, Ross, I'd skip the pussy nature shit and just go straight for the acid. Do it 3-5 times and leave it behind. At least you'll be experienced...
fecal flakes
Certified False.

Post by fecal flakes »

Not always true. When I was in high school some friends and I got our hands on really pure liquid LSD. Took about 5 hits one Saturday night while one friends parents were out of town, thinking 5 wouldn't be too much. One buddy let his mind wander to the point he convinced himself he was God. Started screaming at us repeating he was God. Totally broke reality. Freaked us out to the point one person recommended hitting him in the jaw to knock him out (we were all lit). I advised against it, they called a sober friend in the confusion to pick them up, left me there with crazy God buddy. Who at this point was in the street screaming he was God (we knew the cops were on the way). I had the pleasure of running out of the house and running all the way home, tripping balls, at midnight in the dangerous suburbs. Crazy buddy eventually walked into traffic, and started to jump on cars, proclaiming he was God. One driver got out and beat his ass. Cops/ambulance came, sedated him, he woke up in a hospital, restrained, having no clue what the hell happened. Got charges filed on him, and we all didn't see him for awhile.

Didn't really build any of our characters up much. I still remember running home (which was miles away) and hearing him screaming for what seemed like hours. Then there was the whole not wanting to go to jail either aspect.

That was the worst trip I've had. :(
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I can't say I've had a REALLY bad trip, but I've had friends threaten suicide while on acid, etc. Just trying to deal with that...ugh. That was a long, long time ago.

One time my drug buddy in HS and I went down to Galveston on five hits and wandered around the beach for a good 6-7 hours. I was completely outside reality, in a dreamworld. I had put my little radio on top of my car blaring Throbbing Gristle or whatever and it attracted some bean brothers who subsequently stole it. In my mind they seemed like troglodytes, just rising up out of the sand. I'm lucky I didn't get stabbed or something. Even though my car then didn't start and I ran out of water the sunrise that morning was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
pleasuretokill
Olde Timer

Post by pleasuretokill »

Bad trips build character.

REALLY horrible, "you've done way too much", "why did you just squirt a full stream of liquid LSD on that sugar cube" trips are mind scarringly shitty.

Fuck acid.
"Did your parents put and Atari 2600 in a gold box and wrap it with Genesis paper to fuck with you?" - Pieclun
"theres a new Camo stronger than black ice, its better tasting than all the rest. its 12.5% and tastes sorta like cream soda mixed with piss. i like it!" - ghost boner
metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

Did schrooms once. First half: best high of my life. Second half: worst high of my life. I spent the better part of an hour having a conversation with myself where I discussed whether or not the wall was moving and where it was moving to.
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
death by snoo snoo
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.

Post by death by snoo snoo »

Trying to convince someone they're not dying while they recite their name, address, parents names and occupations to hang on to the last remaining shreds of their ego is kind of a buzz kill. Especially when they think the xanax you're trying to feed them is poison.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Necrometer wrote:Luke I just wrote you a massive response then the computer froze in the home stretch... so here's condensed version of my anecdotal report:
Awesome! Thanks. I will try to find a way to acquire them. I know plenty of people who can get me weed, but nobody has ever mentioned mushrooms before. This summer would be a perfect time in my life for just this kind of thing.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

apparently took too little today and got benign burps, nominal nausea, and I think purple things seemed slightly more vivid than usual
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Hell-haine

Post by Hell-haine »

Big Blood Grenade wrote:
I dunno man. I am all for earth-shattering experiences and intense critical introspection. But after that first one, I found it hard to even handle weed for a long while. I'm not sure if anyone here is differenciating between a "bad trip" (like being in a bad mood and having intensely negative thoughts about one's life/the world) and having a full-on panic attack while on psychedelics, but what I am talking about is having your heartrate jump to 180 sitting still, looking in the mirror thinking you rubbed a fucking hole in your face, and feeling like you are actually gonna die. But I guess if building character is learning ultimate respect for mind-altering substances and realizing you're playing with some serious fire when you eat spiritual sacraments like tic tacs, then yeah.
Hahaha yes.
First time I dropped acid, it was by accident, everything went fine as I didn't even know I was tripping.
That was such a cosmic slap in the face. Such a powerful, mind-blowing intellectual and existential experience.

The following time was really hard to handle, as I stayed stuck for a long, long time. But that was my fault for smoking too much weed.

If I had the assurance that I wouldn't have a bad trip, I'd do it again, but it's such a double edge sword that I won't even think seriously about taking the risk. My bad trips have traumatized my so much that I can't smoke weed anymore. Not that I really want to anyway...
Last edited by Hell-haine on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

Has anyone here done DMT? I smoked a good deal of it last year and it is a good 5-10 minute trip. The trip kicks in by the second hit and the first time I did it I was in a friends backyard and saw all the houses and trees sweep away in an atomic blast. It was never that intense afterwards, I would just see tree branches writhe and contort into weird grid patterns. I was told you could drink a strong batch of it and trip for hours, which sounds like fucking torture.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

We had a nice, big DMT thread: viewtopic.php?p=229282#p229282

I'd do it in a second, it sounds amazing. I've always been meaning to purify it but the situation/timing hasn't been right yet.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Of all the times I've done acid, I never had a profound spiritual experience. That only happens if one is inclined to have a spiritual side, and that's just not me. And I never had a bad trip on acid, either. It was always just a highly fucked up, watch the pretty colors of a suddenly cartooney environment, enjoy the distorted senses type of ride.

The most I ever took at once was 4 microdot hits (cross pollinated with a fair amount of weed), and that night was an immobile, listen to Black Sabbath (whether Sabs was actually playing or not), reality dissolving away to a sort of animated black light poster kind of night. That was the only time I took more than one hit at a time... interesting while it lasted, but a little too much for safety's sake.

The only bad trip I ever had was on nutmeg... I've written about that before on this board and it's an evil I'd never want to repeat. And it leaves me wary of any other non-acid trip... eh, I'm getting too old for that experimental shit, anyway. LSD might tempt me in the future shoud our paths ever cross again, but anything else can fuck off.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

I just ordered some more spores last night! Can't wait to get back into growing.
Hell-haine

Post by Hell-haine »

MDMA was good too... I had really good times with it.
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

Hell-haine wrote:MDMA was good too... I had really good times with it.
I'm pretty sure running into you while you're on e would be the best thing to ever happen to me.
turn these off meatman.