hallucinogen FAQ thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Re: hallucinogen FAQ thread

Post by Masochrism »

if someone was attracting attention like that while we were tripping...i'd fucking run exactly like you did.
fecal flakes
Certified False.

Post by fecal flakes »

12 Months of Mao wrote:Storage tip I heard from a crusty hippie chick at a party recently: honey. Anyone ever tried that? Makes sense. Wish I'd done that previously, but at this point they aren't getting any more dry.
Honey is awesome for preserving mushrooms. Baby food jars.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

CoconutBackwards1 wrote:
fecal flakes wrote:
Comrade Slinky wrote:Bad trips build character. Seriously.
Not always true. When I was in high school some friends and I got our hands on really pure liquid LSD. Took about 5 hits one Saturday night while one friends parents were out of town, thinking 5 wouldn't be too much. One buddy let his mind wander to the point he convinced himself he was God. Started screaming at us repeating he was God. Totally broke reality. Freaked us out to the point one person recommended hitting him in the jaw to knock him out (we were all lit). I advised against it, they called a sober friend in the confusion to pick them up, left me there with crazy God buddy. Who at this point was in the street screaming he was God (we knew the cops were on the way). I had the pleasure of running out of the house and running all the way home, tripping balls, at midnight in the dangerous suburbs. Crazy buddy eventually walked into traffic, and started to jump on cars, proclaiming he was God. One driver got out and beat his ass. Cops/ambulance came, sedated him, he woke up in a hospital, restrained, having no clue what the hell happened. Got charges filed on him, and we all didn't see him for awhile.

Didn't really build any of our characters up much. I still remember running home (which was miles away) and hearing him screaming for what seemed like hours. Then there was the whole not wanting to go to jail either aspect.

That was the worst trip I've had. :(

This is a good/funny story.

This story is also the reason why I won't do it. Too many ways things can go horribly wrong. I don't want to get thrown in jail for being in the middle of the street yelling at cars and people that "I'm God".
It's not like how you envision it. These were highschool kids. You're an adult, and you react to things differently.
neurotica
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by neurotica »

CoconutBackwards1 wrote:
fecal flakes wrote:
Not always true. When I was in high school some friends and I got our hands on really pure liquid LSD. Took about 5 hits one Saturday night while one friends parents were out of town, thinking 5 wouldn't be too much. One buddy let his mind wander to the point he convinced himself he was God. Started screaming at us repeating he was God. Totally broke reality. Freaked us out to the point one person recommended hitting him in the jaw to knock him out (we were all lit). I advised against it, they called a sober friend in the confusion to pick them up, left me there with crazy God buddy. Who at this point was in the street screaming he was God (we knew the cops were on the way). I had the pleasure of running out of the house and running all the way home, tripping balls, at midnight in the dangerous suburbs. Crazy buddy eventually walked into traffic, and started to jump on cars, proclaiming he was God. One driver got out and beat his ass. Cops/ambulance came, sedated him, he woke up in a hospital, restrained, having no clue what the hell happened. Got charges filed on him, and we all didn't see him for awhile.

Didn't really build any of our characters up much. I still remember running home (which was miles away) and hearing him screaming for what seemed like hours. Then there was the whole not wanting to go to jail either aspect.

This story is also the reason why I won't do it. Too many ways things can go horribly wrong. I don't want to get thrown in jail for being in the middle of the street yelling at cars and people that "I'm God".

I used to subscribe to your line of thinking until I realized there is more than one way to "use" psychedelic substances. You can choose to be educated and responsible and have truly amazing life-altering experiences, or you can choose to get "fucked up". I've tripped hundreds of times on various psychedelics including LSD, DMT, DPT, 2C-I, 2C-B, psylocybin, mescaline, ecstacy, ketamine, etc....many of them in combination with one another. I've been around hundreds of people on all KINDS of combinations of drugs, and never seen anyone behave like in the story above. Then again, I was smart enough to experiment around people I trusted and in safe place so that if things DID go badly (which they never did), we were prepared (and this meant having a sober person around). If taken responsibly in a controlled setting, most people will never have an experience like that. More can go wrong on my morning commute than on an afternoon acid trip sitting on my couch watching movies and listening to tunes.
.........stuff
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I can think of few more miserable experiences than taking acid around a bunch of dirty strangers in some shitbird metalhead's apartment while the dog craps on the carpet and people lose constantly at video games they can't understand.

Edit: or even worse, the stupid junkies I hung out with in HS, sitting there full of heroin on a filthy sofa while cockroaches hissed at them from the wall. Endless discussions about how Megadeth was better than Slayer, etc.
pleasuretokill
Olde Timer

Post by pleasuretokill »

Bored, Esq. wrote: Endless discussions about how Megadeth was better than Slayer, etc.
Man, chasing the dragon is even worse than I'd heard and read about. Sorry you had to witness that.....
"Did your parents put and Atari 2600 in a gold box and wrap it with Genesis paper to fuck with you?" - Pieclun
"theres a new Camo stronger than black ice, its better tasting than all the rest. its 12.5% and tastes sorta like cream soda mixed with piss. i like it!" - ghost boner
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

My acid years were greatly assisted by having primo Redwood City/Santa Cruz/Humboldt buds to smoke. I don't think I would have been ready for it without some extensive weed experience under my belt first, and plenty to smoke during the trips. Nothing really spiritual happened for me, but some trips were strong enough to feel like I was being granted the opportunity to look beyond the veil of reality and understand things I couldn't normally grasp, if only for a brief time. Visual fx were always aplenty, but I never got so far gone as to have conversations with things that weren't really there or anything like that. Had a couple of bad ones, but they weren't enough to fuck me up permanently...just made me not want to do it anymore. Shrooms never agreed with me the few times I tried them. I always ended up getting sick or passing out. I do think acid makes you grow mentally, if not spiritually. It's like a passage into true adulthood and self-awareness. There is a huge difference between noobs/psychedelic virgins and "the experienced".

Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

pleasuretokill wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote: Endless discussions about how Megadeth was better than Slayer, etc.
Man, chasing the dragon is even worse than I'd heard and read about. Sorry you had to witness that.....
Ha!

One good thing about hanging out with dirty hippies and junkies when I was a kid, though: one of them got me powerstoned and introduced me to Black Sabbath. ;) Hmmm...but this was the same guy who locked up his Jimi Hendrix tapes because he was afraid cops would seize them as paraphernalia. At the time that made perfect sense.
T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Post by T O))) M »

I did DMT for the first time last night. Traveled to another dimension. Wow.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

T O))) M wrote:I did DMT for the first time last night. Traveled to another dimension. Wow.
More details, please! Was the disconnect between actual duration and perceived duration as massive as advertised?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

For some reason I haven't contributed to this thread, acid has always worked for me, one bad trip but not terrible, mescaline once was excellent. For some reason, and maybe I had shitty ones or not enough, but shrooms have never given me anything but a slightly-more-than-stoned feeling, a gag reflex on the way down and diarrhea later. I have tried them several times from several sources and have never once 'tripped' by my own definition.
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Necrometer wrote:
T O))) M wrote:I did DMT for the first time last night. Traveled to another dimension. Wow.
More details, please! Was the disconnect between actual duration and perceived duration as massive as advertised?

It was for me.
fvkk
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

You smoked DMT?
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Once. The smoke is pretty gross and I am definitely a fat wheezing nerd, so I didn't really get a full dose, but the trees around me melted into a tunnel that pulled me towards a star I couldn't stop staring at. When I got up to go inside, dryads and satyrs stepped out of the trees and thanked me for picked up garbage in the area. I'm not sure how long it felt like, but I know it was more than the ten or fifteen minutes I was out there.

DXM does that too.
fvkk
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:tup:
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

neurotica wrote:
CoconutBackwards1 wrote:
fecal flakes wrote:

I used to subscribe to your line of thinking until I realized there is more than one way to "use" psychedelic substances. You can choose to be educated and responsible and have truly amazing life-altering experiences, or you can choose to get "fucked up". I've tripped hundreds of times on various psychedelics including LSD, DMT, DPT, 2C-I, 2C-B, psylocybin, mescaline, ecstacy, ketamine, etc....many of them in combination with one another. I've been around hundreds of people on all KINDS of combinations of drugs, and never seen anyone behave like in the story above. Then again, I was smart enough to experiment around people I trusted and in safe place so that if things DID go badly (which they never did), we were prepared (and this meant having a sober person around). If taken responsibly in a controlled setting, most people will never have an experience like that. More can go wrong on my morning commute than on an afternoon acid trip sitting on my couch watching movies and listening to tunes.

I vaguely recall that I called you once while absolutely obliterated on various psychotropics and 2 boxes of CCC... but I will be damned if I remember what the hell was said...
Eat shit and live...
Frickin' Slayer
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Frickin' Slayer »

n e 1 read this book (or herd of it)? abt ayahuasca.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ydszAU ... CBgQ6AEwAw
http://myspace.com/scarydeathmetal
riley-o wrote:i'm also a scorpio, not an aries.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:For some reason I haven't contributed to this thread, acid has always worked for me, one bad trip but not terrible, mescaline once was excellent. For some reason, and maybe I had shitty ones or not enough, but shrooms have never given me anything but a slightly-more-than-stoned feeling, a gag reflex on the way down and diarrhea later. I have tried them several times from several sources and have never once 'tripped' by my own definition.
4g of good shrooms that have been dried and stored properly should give anyone a pretty intense experience. You can avoid the stomach discomfort by making a shroom tea, and mix it with honey to mask the shitty taste.
T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Post by T O))) M »

Necrometer wrote:
I haven't read about DMT in a long time, but I remembered that it was supposed to be a short super strong trip that is supposed to make you see plant people that talk to you and some people think you could use it to travel between dimensions. The disconnect between actual duration and perceived duration was as massive as advertised. I couldn't even comprehend what time was for a while.

I put it on a bowl of weed and my friend did the same thing with another bowl and said to take 3 big rips and it will kick in. I took one rip, felt it pretty strong as soon as I exhaled. I took another rip and got a huge body buzz and everything started getting wavy and I was thinking "Uh oh, I don't know if I can even finish this." I managed to take one last rip and I started seeing all these colorful grid patterns in my peripheral vision and everything was leaving trails and I could barely put the bowl down. Then I got tunnel vision and it felt like I was being shot up this huge tunnel into the sky. It felt like when you stand up too fast and you get a head rush and your vision clouds over with those colors you see when you close your eyes. I got the fear really bad because the patterns overcame my whole field of vision and I got dizzy. I thought I was choking or something and got really scared and was breathing really heavy trying to force myself to breathe. Once I could breathe I remember yelling WHAT THE FUCK!? out loud. At that point everything was shiny and colory and I could sort of tell what real objects were but everything still had the brightest colors and patterns over it and was shifting and moving around. My friend had told me to keep my eyes closed too see more stuff, but it was so strong at first that I couldn't even believe what I was seeing, everything was like refracting patterns spreading out, I almost couldn't comprehend it but I could still think in my head. I was sitting on the edge of a bed when I did it, but was able to relax enough after a little bit and lay down on the floor on my back. I felt like I was melting into the ground like a stick of butter. I had to open my eyes just to figure out where the fuck I was and I could see for a second and then all the patterns came back but I could relax now and look at it and it was like flying through space with all these blue and green and pink colored grid things flying by. At this point I realized what went wrong. There was some ambient music video from youtube playing on the TV and right after I smoked it the music stopped and this error message popped up. That is when I realized how much this shit was giving me audio hallucinations too. The message on the screen said something like "There has been an error. Please try again later." and it started going backward into the TV and the screen turned into a tunnel and I started flying into it. At this point I was thinking "Welp, I just error'd my brain here." When the music had stopped I was able to hear my friends family in the other room speaking to each other in Portuguese, but it sounded like aliens talking like the adults on Charlie Brown (I've experienced this audio hallucinaton on shrooms too). At this point I realized I didn't check what time it was before I did it so I checked my phone and it was 12:19 AM. For a few minutes I couldn't figure out if my eyes were open or closed with the shapes and stuff I was seeing. My friend was way more tripped out and had been completely silent the whole time while I was banging on this computer that froze screaming FUCKIN NEW WORLD ORDER BULLSHIT at it. I started asking him HEY, ARE YOU DEAD. I laid down on the ground again and just tried to watch the patterns because I started feeling normal and they started to go away. By 12:33 I was completely normal, my muscles just felt kind of tight and jumpy. Just smoked some weed and drank a beer and felt fine. No hangover or anything. I'm pretty sure the whole thing happened in 20 minutes or less. That was the hardest I've EVER tripped. It kicks in so fucking quick and hard that its scary, but once you get used to it and remember it won't last long, it is AWESOME. I really want to do it again now that I know what to expect. I felt that I couldn't navigate the trip right and didn't go as far as I could have gone. If you haven't tripped before, this stuff will be beyond your worst nightmares. Its like a portal to some Lovecraftian dimensional abyss is opened in your brain, like the curtain on reality is lifting and you're seeing what is really there. I'd recommend it, but buyer beware.

About a month ago I went camping and I did acid and I was sitting in the woods in the middle of the night listening to "Gurnam" by Sun City Girls and these owls started getting really loud and making ominous noises. DMT reminds me of that - "Papa Bishop would spit chewing tobacco on the walls and look at the patterns and the colors would talk to him, thats how they communicated!"
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Hahaha, that is so great; I read every word. Do want.
T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Post by T O))) M »

Necrometer wrote:Hahaha, that is so great; I read every word. Do want.
It might sound cool, but should you really believe someone who lives in the South?
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I thought it was established that the Americock is not tr00? FWIW my support in that thread was more for A|M's general zealotry than for the sentiment of the day.
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Hell-haine »

smooth wrote:
fecal flakes wrote:Has anyone tried blue lotus, while it is still legal in most states?
I saw a documentary on it. It seems be more on the sedative side. Still curious though, especially using it for social reasons like the Egyptians did.
My room mate would like to try this one soon:
http://www.salviasupply.com/our-product ... combo-pack

LSD lasts too long for me, I've always been (too) super-sensitive to it and I don't like shrooms.
I'd do MDMA again in a heartbeat but my serotonin receptors don't need further damage.
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

I did that once, on 1200 mg of DXM. It was far enough after peak that I could move around somewhat, nd I went to piss. I turned on the hall light and bumped the switch that controls the outlet in the living room that powers the tv, computer, and so on. It flickered very briefly, and fucked up Windows. It would start booting, crash at the splash screen, and restart. I decided it was because of a virus, and as my brain was interfaced with the computer, was surely infected too. I spent a rather unpleasant unknown amount of time with a short circuited short term memory, that rebooted every few minutes. Fuck.
fvkk
Frickin' Slayer
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Frickin' Slayer »

georgia lawmakers just voted to make salvia illegal there

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22913299/detail.html

lol they call it "the next marijuana" :roll:

i find this an interesting dichotomy,that its illegal thruout the south wen i was just in L.A. (venice beach) and there were vendors with big,neon signs saying "SALVIA SOLD HERE" lol
http://myspace.com/scarydeathmetal
riley-o wrote:i'm also a scorpio, not an aries.