Are the muscliest guys here also the most single?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Are the muscliest guys here also the most single?

Post by Necrometer »

My good friend is a bodybuilder and is almost always single, and this made me realize that the most fitness-oriented (-obsessed?) dudes here seem to be the least likely to have a woman. The obvious exception that comes to mind is Evil Genius, but he doesn't post very often. And there's also Rotting of course.

Anyway, discuss.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
BUNGVOX

Re: Are the muscliest guys here also the most single?

Post by BUNGVOX »

because it implies to women that these jar head fitness jackoffs are self absorbed and self obsessed.

or

who gives a fuck.

those are the answers im giving. take whichever you want buddy.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

BUNGVOX wrote:because it implies to women that these jar head fitness jackoffs are self absorbed and self obsessed.
i would take offense to this if it wasn't true
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

spend more time looking at themselves in the mirror than at their lady friends.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

riley-o wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:because it implies to women that these jar head fitness jackoffs are self absorbed and self obsessed.
i would take offense to this if it wasn't true
:fonz:

i know there are some ripped motherfuckers on this board so i wouldn't want to totally piss any of em off but i really think that you wont be successful at body building if you dont completely get into yourself.
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Hell-haine »

Maybe they're fulfilled enough doing something they enjoy, have a healthy mind in a healthy body, don't compromise and make their life more difficult by adding a female individual who will probably ride their asses most of the time (and talk too much).
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Post by frost »

they have small pen0rs that they compensate with muscles

discuss
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

like staring at yourself in the mirror while you beat off and flex and stuff.

that might freak a chick out a lil bit.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Luckily, a lot of women don't care about looks that much. You see a lot of ugly guys like me with girlfriends. Some worry more about not getting treated like shit and having things in common instead of looks. Seems to me muscle-bound dudes have a lot of girls they fuck, few girls they have long term relationships with.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:Luckily, a lot of women don't care about looks that much.
If they did they would be single.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

skyclad weighs in with his expert opinion on women, relationships, and men who are in shape

had to pause his video game first though
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Hell-haine »

Better be alone than in bad company.
Funny how society puts the emphasis on coupledom like it's a sign of success and all.
Long term relationship mean the end of personal growth sometimes, pretty often actually, just look around.
It seems like most long term couples are often together out of fear to be alone more than anything.
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Hell-haine wrote:Better be alone than in bad company.
Funny how society puts the emphasis on coupledom like it's a sign of success and all.
Long term relationship mean the end of personal growth sometimes, pretty often actually, just look around.
It seems like most long term couples are often together out of fear to be alone more than anything.
Yes.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

riley-o wrote:skyclad weighs in with his expert opinion on women, relationships, and men who are in shape

He's dating a girl on that game, though.
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

riley-o wrote:skyclad weighs in with his expert opinion on women, relationships, and men who are in shape

No need. My girl loves games. Maybe one day you'll find one too.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

so... you didn't have to pause the video game to respond to this thread because your girlfriend loves video games ? what ? how did that make sense in your fat-hindered brain, butterclad ?
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

riley-o wrote:butterclad ?
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

riley-o wrote:so... you didn't have to pause the video game to respond to this thread because your girlfriend loves video games ? what ? how did that make sense in your fat-hindered brain, butterclad ?

Not so fat anymore, dude.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:
riley-o wrote:so... you didn't have to pause the video game to respond to this thread because your girlfriend loves video games ? what ? how did that make sense in your fat-hindered brain, butterclad ?

Did they take a leg because of your type 2 diabeetus?
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Gunther wrote:
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:

Did they take a leg because of your type 2 diabeetus?

Fox News.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I think Helene's posts are the most spot on... more exacting = tougher to be happy in a relationship? Also there's some mutual exclusivity of time there (applies to internet addiction as well!).

I guess my underlying inspiration for the thread stems from the certainly flawed idea that guys get in shape to look good for women, and then this apparent paradox that the fittest guys are putting that work to the LEAST use. Sort of like the women who are fashion obsessed, but care more about other women's reactions than men's. While many men in general are certainly motivated by the opposite-sex-attraction, perhaps guys here are above it, since there are certainly tons of benefits to sport/exercise. At the same time, I think if one is lifting for strength it's in his best interests to NOT have a super low bodyfat. But I guess it feels good just to be stereotypically attractive, even if you're getting as much gratification from males as females? Back to Helene's point - maybe guys who are fitness-oriented DO want to be attractive to chicks, but they're too picky to make things work.

Jakemincer, Torsion, RBB - have you guys had sweeties you've not mentioned? Or are you simply the beast - banging willy nilly, getting all the sexual gratification you could hope for - without any of the other bullshit baggage frowned upon by Crom?
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

This thread is hard to respond to, because of the generalizations that it leads to. But, I tend to find muscly guys intimidating in one way or another.
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Necrometer wrote:flawed idea that guys get in shape to look good for women
It's not about that at all.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
I'm sure that's true for some people and some extents of their fitness, but still - there's a spectrum of bodytypes and a spectrum of efforts input. But if you're talking about the extremes - the obsessed - then I am with you. I am suspicious of this sort of statement from you, though; I know you're ideologically driven to promote some version of life where women have no power over men and their feelings of self-worth.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Necrometer wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
I'm sure that's true for some people and some extents of their fitness, but still - there's a spectrum of bodytypes and a spectrum of efforts input. But if you're talking about the extremes - the obsessed - then I am with you.
I've never met a man in my entire life who worked out because he wanted to look good for women.

The average woman doesn't appreciate or understand what goes into being a bodybuilder and they certainly aren't attracted to that body type. They like the "football player" type of body, which you'll hear time after time on BB message boards, etc. Muscular but not TOO muscular. It's understandable, I suppose.

Most men know this...

Guys who are really into lifting weights do it for personal achievement and (let's face it) because of other men. It's not sexual...it's competitive and belongs to the realm of sports. Most men do it, of course, for how it makes them feel (immediately, long term and then in contrast to others) and because of pride, really. It's healthy and awesome unless it becomes an obsession, IMO. Even then it's so much better than other obsession/addictions... ;)

But the real reason that men don't obsess over muscularity when it comes to sexual attraction is because it's not necessary.
Last edited by Bored, Esq. on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.