360 wireless N adapters: uggggghhhh

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

360 wireless N adapters: uggggghhhh

Post by Ghost Dad »

I obviously have the firmware update, as I've been connected up to this point. So the damn adapter is supposed to be plug and play, but when I connect it, nothing happens. Green flashing light...I can't find any answers on any other forums I post on. Anyone else have this problem? nwiot, I know, I know.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Charles Schulzerie
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Re: 360 wireless N adapters: uggggghhhh

Post by Charles Schulzerie »

RTFM. If not that, call Microsoft.
noah thirteen wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:I didn't have any tortillas before I took the ambien, Noah. I'm a sharp cookie. I know things.
Just imagine a giant cookie buying tortillas on a shit load of ambien.....
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Charles Schulzerie wrote:RTFM.
say what now?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

Post by Scarlet Bro Hansen »

Just get a hundred foot ethernet cable and a carpenters stapler
james wrote:im not downloading LeakyRapes
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

Ghost Dad wrote:
say what now?
I believe that means "Rx ead Tx he Fx ucking Mx anual"
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Scarlet Bro Hansen wrote:Just get a hundred foot ethernet cable and a carpenters stapler
Funny you bring that up. I'm going to return this piece of shit and just run a new cable though the place. I was running a cable before this, but my cats kept chewing on it. Looks like Daddy's going to have to bust out the newspaper :betternotstartanyshit:
Charles Schulzerie

Scarlet Bro Hansen wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote:
say what now?
Yeah, sorry. I'm used to talking to a bunch of fucking internet nerds.

Seriously though, is there anything addressing problems in the manual? Did it even come with one? It's microsoft. I wouldn't fucking be surprised if it didn't.
noah thirteen wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:I didn't have any tortillas before I took the ambien, Noah. I'm a sharp cookie. I know things.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Charles Schulzerie wrote:
Scarlet Bro Hansen wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote:
say what now?
Yeah, sorry. I'm used to talking to a bunch of fucking internet nerds.

Seriously though, is there anything addressing problems in the manual? Did it even come with one? It's microsoft. I wouldn't fucking be surprised if it didn't.
Yeah, but the manual didn't address this particular problem. Time to call microsoft support and get dicked around on the phone for a half hour.
Charles Schulzerie

Have you ever called them before? There was only one time I ever really got the run around, but it wasn't really their fault.
noah thirteen wrote:
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Yep, I called em about NAT issues before, but they didn't know what to do. I'm just going to save 50$ and buy a longer ethernet cable.
Charles Schulzerie

noah thirteen wrote:
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Currently playing COD4 on my old standard def tv....FUCK this game is so much better than MW2
Charles Schulzerie

Haha man, I feel bad for you.
noah thirteen wrote:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

LOL 360.

I never even bothered with that wireless adapter. My old, decrepit Mac Airport hub was pissing me off anyway, so I took that as an excuse to get rid of it and now I'm running my PS3 through a wired connection too EVEN THOUGH THE OH-SO-EXPENSIVE PS3 ACTUALLY COMES WITH BUILT-IN WI-FI CASE Y'DI'N KNOW.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
blastocystosis
O.G. Interwebber

Post by blastocystosis »

I'm running both the PS3 and the 360 direct via ethernet splitter. So much easier.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

spacehamster wrote:LOL 360.

I never even bothered with that wireless adapter. My old, decrepit Mac Airport hub was pissing me off anyway, so I took that as an excuse to get rid of it and now I'm running my PS3 through a wired connection too EVEN THOUGH THE OH-SO-EXPENSIVE PS3 ACTUALLY COMES WITH BUILT-IN WI-FI CASE Y'DI'N KNOW.
OH I KNEW! MGS4 was such a disappointment that it dissuaded me from picking up that console..
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Ghost Dad wrote:Currently playing COD4 on my old standard def tv...
Your poor 360... :(

Screw the official 360 accessories. They're all WAY overpriced. The only one I bought is the VGA cable which was worth it.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

Charles Schulzerie wrote:What the FUCK kind of ethernet cable are you spending 50 damn dollars on?! Is it a half mile long???

http://cgi.ebay.com/15M-50-FT-RJ45-CAT5 ... 3ca838afcf

http://cgi.ebay.com/100FT-RJ45-CAT5-CAT ... 3a54772323

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-FT-CAT5-CAT5E-IN ... 45f18094f0
Hahahaha I love that. Or monoprice.com It's amazing how the same cable at best buy or office depot cost like 6 times as much.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ghost Dad wrote: OH I KNEW! MGS4 was such a disappointment that it dissuaded me from picking up that console..
Kinda off topic, but since you're the OP and you just brought it up... I may have been a bit too easily impressed still because of my 9 years away from videogames when I picked up MGS4. Looking back at it now, I still think the actual gameplay is great and it's near technical perfection, but the storytelling is unbelievably ham-fisted compared to other games these days, and it feels like you're being fed this awesome game 10 minutes at a time between 45-minute cutscenes. Bleh.

Anyway, uh, didyaknow that you also don't have to pay extra for a rechargeable battery pack with the PS3? Just sayin... :awesome:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

spacehamster wrote:
Anyway, uh, didyaknow that you also don't have to pay extra for a rechargeable battery pack with the PS3? Just sayin... :awesome:
yes...

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having that console. I just don't want to shell out the cash for it....
disco-dance axis
carbomb street team

Post by disco-dance axis »

I cannot state often enough how much more useful an Apple AIrport Express station is compared to the official 360 adapter.
Krieg wrote: It is more or less the same issue with painkillers, an American gets a tooth removed and spends the next 10 days daydreaming under Valium or Xanax. A German gets a leg amputated and gets Ibuprofen (and only the 500mg version).
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

disco-dance axis wrote:I cannot state often enough how much more useful an Apple AIrport Express station is compared to the official 360 adapter.
Yeah, and they're a bit cheaper than the 360 adapter, too.

I can't wait to pay that awesome restocking fee when I take it back!
Grendel
Gear in the Machine

Post by Grendel »

Try upgrading the firmware on your modem. I had a problem until I upgraded and that fixed the problem.
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

i really think you need to ...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
PORWARD PORTS!!!
rīdoonrīmenbā
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

spacehamster wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote: OH I KNEW! MGS4 was such a disappointment that it dissuaded me from picking up that console..
Kinda off topic, but since you're the OP and you just brought it up... I may have been a bit too easily impressed still because of my 9 years away from videogames when I picked up MGS4. Looking back at it now, I still think the actual gameplay is great and it's near technical perfection, but the storytelling is unbelievably ham-fisted compared to other games these days, and it feels like you're being fed this awesome game 10 minutes at a time between 45-minute cutscenes. Bleh.

mgs4 was terrible.

Did you know you don't have to buy a new controller when your battery pack stops holding charge with the 360?

Just sayin
i like to dissect women