Hey New Yawkers

Music posts are a bannable offense.
smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Hey New Yawkers

Post by smellmyfinger »

Any one know of any small art galleries that I should check out... I have found it's really hard to find the smaller spaces (that show unknown artists) Brooklyn or any where, gallery/ restaurants / just looking for a cool place to show my work. I'll be down at the end of April....Any help would be great. I'll even buy you a beer if we hook up. thanks
This is like talking to an internet ghost who doesn't even realize he's a ghost yet and keeps trying to talk to those around him. If you try to put a shirt on so people can recognize you I WILL PUNCH THE SHIRT INTO OBLIVION thus rendering you still a ghost. FUCK YOU, smellmyfinger
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Re: Hey New Yawkers

Post by pooptastik »

try hitting up jensaiddestroy, she has some experience in that area
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Anyone who's into photography should hang out with this man. Buy him fucking drinks.
Haha,
smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smellmyfinger »

The Torsion wrote:Anyone who's into photography should hang out with this man. Buy him fucking drinks.
:moreawesome:
This is like talking to an internet ghost who doesn't even realize he's a ghost yet and keeps trying to talk to those around him. If you try to put a shirt on so people can recognize you I WILL PUNCH THE SHIRT INTO OBLIVION thus rendering you still a ghost. FUCK YOU, smellmyfinger
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

I second the Jen recommendation. PM me a week before you arrive and I'll try to organize an itinerary for you.
Edit: And make sure to include your government name. I refuse to refer to someone as "ismellmyfinger" while in public. It's unbecoming of a baller such as myself. 8)
Metal Parties for NY Fuckfaces Check It: cluster FUCKED

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
rape bear "I forgot to add: Scott Ward's pussy eating skills."
copstache "scott ward: rapist"
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

noah thirteen wrote:Just stay away from the Frick galley.... it fucking sucks. Oh golly gee, I sure enjoy looking at 4000 portraits of wealthy landowners....... :ax:
Fucking Toronto'd...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:wink: :rhug:

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

art galleries: what's destroying bushwick
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smellmyfinger »

hipster holocaust wrote:art galleries: what's destroying bushwick

Fuckin whitey
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

the moma fucking sucks

if you've never been to the met before you should do yourself the favor. GO TO THE MET. plus it's a suggested donation, not 20 bucks to see something that looks like someone took a dump on a canvas. I MEAN, MODERN ART. ya know, they probably did do that, and got a government grant for it. wastoids.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smellmyfinger »

Going to the MOMA is great if you have never been or if there is an exhibit that you are really into seeing. I always enjoy the Center for Photography and of course the MET, but there are so many cool small places to see art (for free) that paying big bucks for MOMA doesn't really interest me. Last time I paid it was 12.00.
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

smellmyfinger wrote:Going to the MOMA is great if you have never been or if there is an exhibit that you are really into seeing. I always enjoy the Center for Photography and of course the MET, but there are so many cool small places to see art (for free) that paying big bucks for MOMA doesn't really interest me. Last time I paid it was 12.00.
Saturdays in the Chelsea area of Manhattan is always a good time because there are dozens of small, free, and interesting galleries within walking distance of each other.

:tup:

Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I haven't been gallery hopping in years, so the best info you'll get from me is this gallery listing page on the voice:

http://www.villagevoice.com/events/sear ... ory=538260

I have it set for Soho Art Galleries, but you can change all that in the drop down menu.
smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smellmyfinger »

HeyWard wrote:
smellmyfinger wrote:Going to the MOMA is great if you have never been or if there is an exhibit that you are really into seeing. I always enjoy the Center for Photography and of course the MET, but there are so many cool small places to see art (for free) that paying big bucks for MOMA doesn't really interest me. Last time I paid it was 12.00.
Saturdays in the Chelsea area of Manhattan is always a good time because there are dozens of small, free, and interesting galleries within walking distance of each other.

I will totally PM you when I get my dates figured out. The problem with most established galleries, like in chelsea is that they won't usually look at your work if you walk in off the street. Most of them seem to be staffed with snobby assholes with no time for you. I need to find the cool more neighborhood spaces most likely not in chelsea.
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

smellmyfinger wrote:
HeyWard wrote:

I will totally PM you when I get my dates figured out. The problem with most established galleries, like in chelsea is that they won't usually look at your work if you walk in off the street. Most of them seem to be staffed with snobby assholes with no time for you. I need to find the cool more neighborhood spaces most likely not in chelsea.

Ahhhh....gotcha. I'll ask some folks who are much more in the know than I.

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

smellmyfinger wrote:
HeyWard wrote:

Photographs of fancy tricks
To get your kicks at sixty-six
He thinks of all the lips that he licks
And all the girls that he's goin' to fix

She gave a little flirt, gave herself a little cuddle
But there's no place here for the mini-skirt waddle
Capital punishment, she's last year's model
They call her Natasha when she looks like Elsie
I don't want to go to Chelsea

Oh no, it does not move me
Even though I've seen the movie
I don't want to check your pulse
I don't want nobody else

Everybody's got new orders
Be a nice girl and kiss the warders
Now the teacher is away
All the kids begin to play

Men come screaming, dressed in white coats
Shake you very gently by the throat
One's named Gus, one's named Alfie

I don't want nobody else

Photographs of fancy tricks
To get your kicks at sixty-six
He thinks of all the lips that he licks
And all the girls that he's goin' to fix

She gave a little flirt, gave herself a little cuddle
But there's no place here for the mini-skirt waddle
Capital punishment, she's last year's model
They call her Natasha when she looks like Elsie

I don't want nobody else
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Looks like a lot of you didn't read the first post.
Haha,
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

The Torsion wrote:Looks like a lot of you didn't read the first post.
I forgot everything after I read the words "beer" and "hookup." I go into a bit of an operational coma when these words are uttered.

smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smellmyfinger »

Bump for update... April 23-27th probably see Ravi Coltrane at the Village Vanguard, Mabye the Comedy Cellar / Upritght Citizen's Brigade Theater. Still looking for places to show work... Best place would be small store front gallery run by either hippies or art school kids. If there are any house shows I might be up for that. Not paying 100.00 for Elvis Costello. Got a free place to stay at Washington Square, who wants to hang.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Remember: Torsion endorsed
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

saxophones :tdown:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
not really :tup:
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

did you get a hold of jensaiddestroy? if you're on aim, she uses the same sn.

edit: she works on an art gallery in brooklyn
smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smellmyfinger »

pooptastik wrote:did you get a hold of jensaiddestroy? if you're on aim, she uses the same sn.

Yep, we had a nice little chat. Still need to find galleries to visit...If you can walk in and talk to people it's sooooo much better than submitting work via email or with a Press kit. Art spaces in big cities just really don't give a fuck about you, they have plenty of established people to show so getting them to even look at your work is difficult. That's why I really want to find cool little spaces that will take the time to talk to me.

And Drinking
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

i wish i knew more contacts. jennifer did a "guerrilla" exhibit at the bar which i thought was a cool idea, maybe you could do that?
Vanessa America
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Vanessa America »

I will hang out with you.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:fuck you, you ginger whore.
http://domestigrind.bandcamp.com/
http://www.facebook.com/catbombnyc
smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smellmyfinger »

Vanessa America wrote:I will hang out with you.

Cool, I'll PM you before I leave...