Pedalboards

Music posts are a bannable offense.
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Pedalboards

Post by danox3 »

Spooky Apparition wrote:yeah I use something similar (the One Spot) and never had issues. do I need to be worried about destroying my pedals or amp or something? :shock:
No, I use Godlyke power chains for my 2 home boards, they work ok, just not as durable and noise free.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to make. I'm going to get the materials this weekend.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
sugar mama
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by sugar mama »

looks like the guitar center flu... blech. that zpper foot pedal for instance would be full of shit , spit and stink,,, and then fall apart within a week of touring. its reminds me of rich suburbanites who buy shiny new harleys and pre-ripped jeans.
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

The last show I went to every band had an extravagant expensive board setup yet all their tones sounded like shit and the only thing I saw anyone use was their tuners.
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

zzzzzzzz wrote:The last show I went to every band had an extravagant expensive board setup yet all their tones sounded like shit and the only thing I saw anyone use was their tuners.
half of my pedals are always on.
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

You should see this nutty thing my guitar player just upgraded to. It's fucking rediculous.

It's a Pedal Train thats the size of a gigantic suitcase. Other than his cabinets, it's the biggest piece of equipment he has.

My guesstimation would be around 5' x 3'6" x 2'6"
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

I think I'm gonna get a boss rv-3. It's a good pedal
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

Rat Pedal.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

necrothrash wrote:Rat Pedal.

I need to get mine fixed. I don't like it. I'm not sure if mine has the lm308(whatever it is) chip in it or not. If it does then I guess this pedal is just not to my liking.
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

Mike Green wrote:

I need to get mine fixed. I don't like it. I'm not sure if mine has the lm308(whatever it is) chip in it or not. If it does then I guess this pedal is just not to my liking.
I need to get mine fixed too, but I really like mine. I use it for bass and I get a really good growl when the tone and gain are turned to like the middle, and a crazy broken up kind of distortion when they are all the way up. I love it.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

rape bear wrote:
Mike Green wrote:

I need to get mine fixed too, but I really like mine. I use it for bass and I get a really good growl when the tone and gain are turned to like the middle, and a crazy broken up kind of distortion when they are all the way up. I love it.

I've been meaning to try it with bass but I have been using a big muff with bass and I like that. I'm gonna give the eat a try
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

My two favorite distortions to use for bass are the RAT and the Superfuzz. I didn't really like the Big Muff I used, but maybe I didn't fiddle around with it enough.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

rape bear wrote:My two favorite distortions to use for bass are the RAT and the Superfuzz. I didn't really like the Big Muff I used, but maybe I didn't fiddle around with it enough.

The big muff always seem to sound best with the tone knob turned all the way down. I also got the way huge swollen pickle fuzz... fuckin awesome.
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

I am checking out this Craig's List haul after work tomorrow. Dude is holding it for me.

Limited Edition Koa Telecaster. Basswood body with Koa top. Maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Perfect playing condition (could maybe use an intonation), but cosmetically has some bangs. Was 600 bucks new and pretty ...I'm asking $200, (soley because of the dings).

PEDALS:
Boss OD3...$50
Boss TR2 Tremolo ... $40
BBE Two Timer analog delay...$40 (one knob broke off, through I still have it. If you are saavy, you could fix it)
MXR Super Comp Compressor ...$40
MXR Phase 90 (I did the c11 c12 and r28 mods to it)...$40
VOX wah (the anniversary gold one!!!)...$40
Electro Harmonix Clone Theory chorus pedal...$40

Line 6 Spider II 30 watt amp. .. .$40 (because I painted it)

So, $530 for $1500 worth of gear, I am psyched!
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

I watched an interview with king buzzo once and he talked about the boss overdrive pedal for bass. He uses it for guitar because it has more of an eq
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

noah thirteen wrote:
Mike Green wrote:The big muff always seem to sound best with the tone knob turned all the way down.
My muff is one of the Op Amp MK IV ones and has a tone bypass switch, it is absolutely awesome sounding, like 500 x better than the new muff I bought last year..... hands down my favorite pedal ever except for the Deluxe Memory Man, that thing is insanely rad. I know everyone shits on EHX for cheap pedals they make now but the ones they used to make were stellar.

Right now I am using (not in this order) the aforementioned big muff, a lush puppy reverb pedal, a blackout effectors whetstone phaser, a MXR super comp, deluxe memory man and I bought a old EXH small stone for 30 bucks in some used gear store, it needs to be modded since the volume drop is somewhat noticible but I think it will be a rad pedal once that is fixed...... I love buying used gear from craigslist......

How's the mxr super comp? is it very noisy? It's weird cause my boss cs-2 hissed really loud in every amp I've ever had except the 5150 I got now.

There's some dood selling a sovtek mig100h for 700 bucks down here. I'd trade him in a heartbeat but he wants cash. There's also a badass Acoustic 2x15 cab someone's selling for 200 bucks that I'd like.
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

You near an Ikea?

Gorm shelves are PERFECT and $5 each.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50058507

danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

Last time we went to see my sweaty's Dad in toronto, i bought 2 of each size. One of them is HUGE, can fit a ton of pedals on them.

I'm making a cheapo board for my Epi Valve Jr. half stack, a bass board, and an acoustic board.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

danox3 wrote:You near an Ikea?

Gorm shelves are PERFECT and $5 each.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50058507

Shit! Thanks, d00d
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

All you really need to do is pry off the two outside slats, and move them flush with the cross pieces, then the 1/4" jacks will fit.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

Shit, I've got stuff here to make that. I'm just lazy
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

cool, I'd like to see it
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

Board looks awesome!