The Spoiler-filled thread for Final Fantasy XIII

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: The Spoiler-filled thread for Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Necrometer »

Ghost Dad wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote: VIII fucking sucked so much I couldn't get past a few hours. X-XII I didn't even bother with....
VIII is extremely slow to get into, but If you can make it 1/3 of the way into the 2nd disc, it's amazing. You should take the time to play X and XII. XII is the best in the series, imo.

XIII's battle system reminds me of X-2 so far. Tell me: does it get more complex down the line than paradigm shifts and stagger chains? I sure hope so.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Vanille :oops: :brokenheart:
I really feel that anyone who is enjoying 13 should be in heaven with 10. I thought battle in 10 was a blast!
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

You guys don't want to throw Vanille under a bus?

:what:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Hope too.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Comrade Slinky wrote:You guys don't want to throw Vanille under a bus?
Obviously you don't understand manga crushes....
Necrometer wrote: I thought battle in 10 was a blast!
Any FF that lets me pump up my characters so much that they're doing 99,999 damage per hit get's a :tup: in my book.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Hope was such a whiner at first but he gets more bearable as the game progresses. Vanille can be cute sometimes and her positivity can be pretty infectious but she's mostly annoying as fuck. Fucking australian weeaboo bubblegum princess shit.

For the longest time I was turned off from the whole sci fi FF stuff. Even VII, even though I kind of liked it. That's mostly why I didn't play FFX and FFXII. I also fucking hated the character designs. It went from awesome characters to scene kids with future fashion clothes... I still don't like the character design. The enemies look cool though.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Friendly Goatus wrote:Hope was such a whiner at first but he gets more bearable as the game progresses. Vanille can be cute sometimes and her positivity can be pretty infectious but she's mostly annoying as fuck. Fucking australian weeaboo bubblegum princess shit.

For the longest time I was turned off from the whole sci fi FF stuff. Even VII, even though I kind of liked it. That's mostly why I didn't play FFX and FFXII. I also fucking hated the character designs. It went from awesome characters to scene kids with future fashion clothes... I still don't like the character design. The enemies look cool though.
X has a tropical island theme, and the most sci-fi XII ever gets is with airships. Steam-punked airships at that. Neither of your aformentioned peeves apply to these games. In fact, Lightening is a blatant (more annoying) rip-off of Ashe from XII.

Speaking of reasons to play X and characters:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Image:mastoman: :mastoman:
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I wasn't aware of that... I also forgot to mention that those games came out during a time when I didn't play games. I might have to get a ps2 and go rpg collecting.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Friendly Goatus wrote:Hope was such a whiner at first but he gets more bearable as the game progresses. Vanille can be cute sometimes and her positivity can be pretty infectious but she's mostly annoying as fuck. Fucking australian weeaboo bubblegum princess shit.

While I'm loviong 13, I too wish it would go back to the more fantasy themes worlds and creatures of the early games. This is why I liked FF9 so much.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Just beat the game, bitches
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

jakebonz wrote:Just beat the game, bitches
How many hours on the clock!?!?!?!? And is this a game you have any intention/hope of platinummming?
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Necrometer wrote:
jakebonz wrote:Just beat the game, bitches
How many hours on the clock!?!?!?!? And is this a game you have any intention/hope of platinummming?
Well, I should say I completed the main quest at about 50 hours. Platinumununimumig should take A LOT longer with all the post game stuff to do.
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

Already beat the game????

50 hours????

Wow.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

CoconutBackwards1 wrote:Already beat the game????

50 hours????

Wow.
Are you impressed that he beat it in 50 hours, or that he's played it for 50 hours? If the latter, that's nothing. I put 150 into FFXII.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I think it's that he's done more FF13 in a week than a typical full-time job would require in a week.
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Necrometer wrote:I think it's that he's done more FF13 in a week than a typical full-time job would require in a week.

Exactly.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

These summon battles are the fucking gayest.
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

I haven't been able to stagger this Astro Proto boss once.

I feel like I'm following what JakeBonez said to do to the "T" and it's just not working.

I'm getting sick of this game. I'm sure it's because I suck at this style of Final Fantasy.

About to call it quits with this shit game.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

CoconutBackwards1 wrote:I haven't been able to stagger this Astro Proto boss once.

I feel like I'm following what JakeBonez said to do to the "T" and it's just not working.

I'm getting sick of this game. I'm sure it's because I suck at this style of Final Fantasy.

About to call it quits with this shit game.
He was the first tought boss I ran into. Felt like I wasn't doing enough damage initially but I just sat there chipping away at him and his bulbasaur ass went down. More than a couple boss fights feel and play out the same way.

btw this has the worst music/soundtrack of any FF ever. They even fucked up the chocobo theme and put some faggot singing over it.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Comrade Slinky wrote:These summon battles are the fucking gayest.
YES! The Shiva Sisters....for chrst's sake :tdown:

Admittedly, the fighting is a little better now that I'm about 7 hours though it, but this is still the worst game in the series (the main series).
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Coconuts, that's the boss in Chapter 5 in the weird looking forest, right? I had trouble at first but my second try I did better. You have to go com/rav until you get up to 40-50 percent in the stagger gauge, then go rav/rav until he staggers then back to com/rav to maximize damage. It might help to caste protect and shell on your party too. Use Com/med, med/syn, med/med as needed.

If you still have trouble, backtrack through the area and fight some more enemies to get their chrysarium levels up.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

Ghost Dad wrote:

Admittedly, the fighting is a little better now that I'm about 7 hours though it, but this is still the worst game in the series (the main series).
yeah, you're right. final fantasy II is SO much better
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

guardianoftheblind wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote:

yeah, you're right. final fantasy II is SO much better
Ok, ok, anything jap III or after.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

always refer to them by their JAP numbers hth
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

guardianoftheblind wrote:always refer to them by their JAP numbers hth
We canoeing again this summer? hth?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I found an excellent place for gil farming in chapter 9. You get some decent crystarium points too. In Palamecia, in the crew corridors, you fight the soldiers there. You can finish the battles in about 30-60 seconds and they drop credit chips and incentive chips like mad. That's 500gil-2500gil a piece. Just run through the corridor and kill everything, then backtrack so they'll respawn. You could easily get enough gil to totally upgrade a lot of weapons and accessories at this spot.

In chapter 7, there's an ok place for gil farming outside the Estheim house. The soldiers there drop credit chips and sometimes incentive chips. Not nearly as good as the chapter 9 one though. I recommend gil farming 7 for a short while, just until you can upgrade a couple weapons, then wait until 9 to start seriously farming. Gil is so scarce in this game that it's definitely worth it.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Ghost Dad wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:always refer to them by their JAP numbers hth
We canoeing again this summer? hth?
yes