The Spoiler-filled thread for Final Fantasy XIII

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Spoiler-filled thread for Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I just finished the fight with the Fal'cie(?)

The cinematic sequence immediately following that was :what:
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

yeah the freezing tidal waves were :moreawesome:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Holy secret achievements :what:
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

:what: :what: :what:
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

milkmandan wrote:I heard Xbox fags have to swap discs

heh
WTF? Why not installing everything to the HD before starting? Just like almost every other multi-disk Xbox game.

Maybe they wanted to keep the old school feeling. LOL
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Krieg wrote:

heh
WTF? Why not installing everything to the HD before starting? Just like almost every other multi-disk Xbox game.

Half the reason I played ff 7,8, and 9 was to swap discs: Like turning a large page in a huge book.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Swapping discs is a small price to pay for the luxury of not being a condescending fan boy.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

HEY-O!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Friendly Goatus wrote:Swapping discs is a small price to pay for the luxury of not being a condescending fan boy.
no swapping discs AND you get to be right !

WIN WIN

lock the thread jakebonz
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

:highfive:
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

I think I played this bame for 9 hours yesterday. :drooly:
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Krieg wrote:

heh

Installed ME2 to the HD and it was still asking me for disk one this, disk two that.
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

Aeris dies!
Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

any new opinions as you fairies get further into the game? if it wasn't a FF game would you still be playing it? is the story AMAZING enough to make up for the fact that it sounds like combat is the only interaction with the game?
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

I've only like one FF game since the SNES days, so I'm no fanboy and I totally would still be playing it. Later battles are pure strategy. Even though I have 2 Eidolons now, it's still no cakewalk. There's a sever lack of Gil, I don't think you ever get any during battle, so stocking up is a problem. It's not been a real problem yet, but I bet it will later on. Just started chapter 5... been awesome every bit of the way. They story is decent, it does get sappy here and there and kind of hard to follow due to the bizarre names places and people have, but it's still good. The story is good on its own, but even better if you take the time to read the entries on your data dealie.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Spooky Apparition wrote:any new opinions as you fairies get further into the game? if it wasn't a FF game would you still be playing it? is the story AMAZING enough to make up for the fact that it sounds like combat is the only interaction with the game?
For me, if a RPG has a good enough combat system, I'll continue to play it even if the story is sub-par (Star Ocean 4 comes to mind). This one has an exceptionally good combat system for a non-action RPG.

The story isn't going in a bad direction, but I haven't played enough of it to form a good opinion of it.

The characters are surprisingly well written considering this is a Japanese RPG. Only Hope is a gigantic whiny douche, with the rest of them actually having some balls.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
Krieg wrote:

heh

Installed ME2 to the HD and it was still asking me for disk one this, disk two that.
I received ME2 today in the mail, and you spoiled my mood ... OK, not really, but fuck that.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Nearing chapter 6, they're starting to mix the enemies up more, which ratchets up the difficulty.

A few questions:

Why is it that it seems whenever I find a new weapon or a new one becomes available a shop, t's ALWAYS weaker than the one I have equipped? I know the weapns level up, but I've been using only weapons characters bring everytime I pick their story up, and they're all still level one.

Anyone find a way to make money? Or, find it as this game makes you do. I literally played for two hours not finding any Gil and when I did find an orb with Gil in it I had to battle a huge enemy for it. I don't think I've had more than 3,200 Gil at any one time.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

So, I'm 10 hours into the game so far and I literally wondered out loud "Why haven't I met anyone named Cid yet?" during a cutscene...in which you meet Cid. :awesome: :drooly:
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:Why is it that it seems whenever I find a new weapon or a new one becomes available a shop, t's ALWAYS weaker than the one I have equipped? I know the weapns level up, but I've been using only weapons characters bring everytime I pick their story up, and they're all still level one.
Initially, they are all very similar, but once you get them past level 10, you can create a better version of that weapon. You can almost think of each initial weapon as a "class" of weapon. Some of them will boost strength more than magic, while others offer passive abilities. If the guide is correct, there are only 8 weapons per character with each weapon able to be transformed two times. Does that make any sense?
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:Anyone find a way to make money? Or, find it as this game makes you do. I literally played for two hours not finding any Gil and when I did find an orb with Gil in it I had to battle a huge enemy for it. I don't think I've had more than 3,200 Gil at any one time.
I haven't figured this one out yet other than selling loot...I'm hoping there is another way.

Actually, now that I think about it, this is a lot like 12 was in which monsters didn't drop Gil. Instead, they dropped loot that you had to sell to make Gil, which made a lot of sense if you've ever asked yourself why a monster is carrying around cash.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

so wait, you can sell collectibles for cash? i mean, i knew that, but i heard you could use them to upgrade weapons?

which is it?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Yeah, but the enemies seem to only drop items to customize your wepaons with. Well, they'll occasionally drop potions and stuff, but I don't think I've seen them drop anything you can sell at the shops.

That weapon customization thing is perplexing too. Maybe you learn more later on but I've tried it a few times and attached things to weapons and don't know if it did anyting or not. All I know is that when I try attaching tings to weapon a window appears below that says, for example, (+86 EXP).
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

2 hours in and some minor complaints are:

-Not being able to flee. I haven't needed to flee yet, but if this game is like any other FF I've played, I'm going to need to flee eventually.

-Shitty spoils from fighting enemies.

-So far no experience points from fighting. Instead, a Gold star ranking system based on how fast you kill the enemies.

-The dialogue. Oh my God. Who in the hell wrote this garbage. "Heroes don't run from fights". "This town needs a hero" "Your hero is coming" Blah blah blah The hero talk is cringe worthy.

I'm also playing this for PS3.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

jakebonz wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:any new opinions as you fairies get further into the game? if it wasn't a FF game would you still be playing it? is the story AMAZING enough to make up for the fact that it sounds like combat is the only interaction with the game?
For me, if a RPG has a good enough combat system, I'll continue to play it even if the story is sub-par (Star Ocean 4 comes to mind). This one has an exceptionally good combat system for a non-action RPG.

The story isn't going in a bad direction, but I haven't played enough of it to form a good opinion of it.

The characters are surprisingly well written considering this is a Japanese RPG. Only Hope is a gigantic whiny douche, with the rest of them actually having some balls.

Hope is you in video game form, bro.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

CoconutBackwards1 wrote:2 hours in and some minor complaints are:

-Not being able to flee. I haven't needed to flee yet, but if this game is like any other FF I've played, I'm going to need to flee eventually.

-Shitty spoils from fighting enemies.

-So far no experience points from fighting. Instead, a Gold star ranking system based on how fast you kill the enemies.

-The dialogue. Oh my God. Who in the hell wrote this garbage. "Heroes don't run from fights". "This town needs a hero" "Your hero is coming" Blah blah blah The hero talk is cringe worthy.

I'm also playing this for PS3.

You'll get to he poit where you start getting "experience" points. Why would you need flee when you can retry battles at any time? Even if you go a few rounds in battle and you have a lot of HP left, yet you know you fucked up and aren't going to make it, you can instantly start that battle over.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:Why would you need flee when you can retry battles at any time? Even if you go a few rounds in battle and you have a lot of HP left, yet you know you fucked up and aren't going to make it, you can instantly start that battle over.
God fucking dammit.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning