no pity for the croakin' alcoholics??

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

no pity for the croakin' alcoholics??

Post by Zerohero »

Found out first cousin croakin' to death in nursing home with liver failure and pickled brain cells, a mere 42 years old.

wtf.... motley crue n the stones are still kickin'. How fucking much can you drink it up in such a short period of time to wreck yerbody.

Guess dude's brain is full of ammonia and only thing he can do at the moment is, play cards :awesome: which, like bubby in Day of the Dead is some automated barroom function so engrained in motor memory he can do it.

Hadn't seen this cat in 20 years I guess, but sounds pretty pathetic. So I hear, his sister said if he doesn't croak soon, she'd just as well smother him with a pillow.

no malice towards dude---first discovered Queen on his headphone back in ye olde days. But hard to feel sympathetic towards someone doing something so stupid and pointless so often. Get more weepy thinkin of Phil Lynott checkin' out, but then he did accomplish some shit in his life beyond sitting on a barstool.

Bottoms up :beer: :beer:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Re: no pity for the croakin' alcoholics??

Post by Green Chamber »

That's terrible. Shitty physiology on top of the alcohol abuse, maybe?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Green Chamber wrote:That's terrible. Shitty physiology on top of the alcohol abuse, maybe?

dude was an athlete... had baseball scholarship to D1 school before getting in a wreck ( :idea: prolly boozed up) which made for a ball career ending injury.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

:cheers:
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Zerohero wrote:
Green Chamber wrote:That's terrible. Shitty physiology on top of the alcohol abuse, maybe?

dude was an athlete... had baseball scholarship to D1 school before getting in a wreck ( :idea: prolly boozed up) which made for a ball career ending injury.
so baseball makes your liver stronger?
Last edited by Hypnagogia on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I have an uncle on my mom's side that is about to go in the same way. He's a little older. Alcoholic for 20+ years, drug addict (doing pretty much everything under the sun), bipolar, was abused as a child, etc. Won the fucking genetic lottery. Death would be a big a yawning relief for him, I'm thinking, but those selfish genes just keep kicking...
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Hypnagogia wrote:
Zerohero wrote:

so baseball makes your liver stronger?

and what's the deal w/ ammonia in the brain?

dunno-- will have to read up. Something to do with all the built up toxicity and chemical by product I guess. Heard it all 3rd hand of course. Sounds pretty fucked up.

edit:

read this

HEPATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY—A SERIOUS COMPLICATION OF ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASE

Brain damage in alcoholics can be a direct effect of alcohol’s action on the brain as well as a side effect of alcoholic liver disease. Dr. Roger F. Butterworth describes how persistent alcohol–related liver dysfunction leads to the accumulation of toxic ammonia and manganese in the blood and brain, leading to hepatic encephalopathy—a serious and potentially fatal brain disorder characterized by severe cognitive effects, psychiatric conditions, and motor disturbances. To prevent or ameliorate the consequences of hepatic encephalopathy, researchers and clinicians are exploring a variety of approaches, ranging from nutritional supplements to lower ammonia levels in the blood to liver transplantation. (pp. 143–145)
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

my dad has smoked 2 packs a day for probably more than 40 years now.
and since his retirement in the early 2000s, started drinking daily; probably averages a 12 pack a day.

on the other hand, i have asthma, and will probably die before 60.
Last edited by Hypnagogia on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Bored, Esq. wrote:I have an uncle on my mom's side that is about to go in the same way. He's a little older. Alcoholic for 20+ years, drug addict (doing pretty much everything under the sun), bipolar, was abused as a child, etc. Won the fucking genetic lottery. Death would be a big a yawning relief for him, I'm thinking, but those selfish genes just keep kicking...

I don't think he had it all that bad. No abuse or that type of stuff. Was good at sport, into sports music, normal shit. Maybe should have been more into chasing chicks instead of beers.

I think aLOt of enabling going on... dude still living with mom, who I guess says "he only drank beers". :awesome: :beer: :awesome:

its stupid and sad to a point, but more stupid
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Zerohero wrote: HEPATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY—A SERIOUS COMPLICATION OF ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASE

Brain damage in alcoholics can be a direct effect of alcohol’s action on the brain as well as a side effect of alcoholic liver disease. Dr. Roger F. Butterworth describes how persistent alcohol–related liver dysfunction leads to the accumulation of toxic ammonia and manganese in the blood and brain, leading to hepatic encephalopathy—a serious and potentially fatal brain disorder characterized by severe cognitive effects, psychiatric conditions, and motor disturbances. To prevent or ameliorate the consequences of hepatic encephalopathy, researchers and clinicians are exploring a variety of approaches, ranging from nutritional supplements to lower ammonia levels in the blood to liver transplantation. (pp. 143–145)
yeah, beat me to it.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Post by Green Chamber »

Hypnagogia wrote:12 pack a day
What?!
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

You know...in the future when they finally figure out that everything is predetermined and free will is completely an illusion we're all going to look like a bunch of puritanical, judgmental, petty motherfuckers. "All knee deep in the shit" kind of thing...I think I'll listen to that album now...

Edit:
Dr. Roger F. Butterworth
You've got to be fucking kidding me...
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Bored, Esq. wrote:You know...in the future when they finally figure out that everything is predetermined and free will is completely an illusion we're all going to look like a bunch of puritanical, judgmental, petty motherfuckers. "All knee deep in the shit" kind of thing...I think I'll listen to that album now...
I dunno-- I'm not mr. innocent, and have seen 4am more than my fair share of times after a long night at a bar. And my body tells me next day, it's a pretty bad trap to fall into long term, and I don't do it... or have a few good time drinks then switch to a couple club sodas if I'm bent on staying a long time or working chixx or watching some game.

I gotta think he wasn't having THAT much fun at the particular decrepit bar.

Shit, fuck some chix, even fuck some duddes, get aids, hell, do SOMETHINg.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Green Chamber wrote:
What?!
that's cans of beer, not packs of cigs, and not that unusual for me on a saturday in college.

but that's a lot to consume every day.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Zerohero wrote: Shit, fuck some chix, even fuck some duddes, get aids, hell, do SOMETHINg.
Good point.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Hypnagogia wrote:
Green Chamber wrote:
What?!
that's cans of beer, not packs of cigs, and not that unusual for me on a saturday in college.

1995-1997 I drank about a bottle of vodka every single day.
Unholy Massacre
I like to smell things.

Post by Unholy Massacre »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Hypnagogia wrote:
Green Chamber wrote:
What?!

1995-1997 I drank about a bottle of vodka every single day.
Yeah, 12 pack a day was what I was doing for a few years and then there was a lot more when I was actually drinking.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I'm like a BUTTERFLY gestating in a COCOON of BAD VIBES and VEGAN HOTDOGS
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Yes.

People are stunned by amounts like that but it's actually not much. I've heard lots worse. One adjusts to it...

When I was 16 I had a counselor/therapist type guy who could drink a bottle of vodka without even getting a buzz.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Bored, Esq. wrote:When I was 16 I had a counselor/therapist type guy who could drink a bottle of vodka without even getting a buzz.
yeah, I don't believe that. maybe a 200ml "travel size".

admittedly, a 12 pack a day isn't really all that much, but every day for a decade? that's a lot of booze.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

how much does erk drinks a day?
kale
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Hypnagogia wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:When I was 16 I had a counselor/therapist type guy who could drink a bottle of vodka without even getting a buzz.
yeah, I don't believe that. maybe a 200ml "travel size".

admittedly, a 12 pack a day isn't really all that much, but every day for a decade? that's a lot of booze.
Believe it. I've reached that point also.
EBA:2a03.exe
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by EBA:2a03.exe »

:cheers:
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

I have no sympathy for people who self-medicate. If you're having problems, quit being a fucking pussy and get help, or eat a bullet and spare everyone your fucking drama.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Smegma wrote:

Called Rain In My Heart, it is a heart-rending study of four alcoholics - Vanda, Mark, Nigel and Toni - on a ward in a Gillingham hospital. Watson stays with them during their treatment and after they are released, with some of the most upsetting and grimly repulsive moments you are likely to see on television this year.

in for later
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

I'd most certainly be dead right now if I didn't quit. Half gallons of vodka per night does not a long life make. A kid I went to school with just got a liver transplant. I heard he was at the bar drinking already.

And no, I won't start drinking again.