Most close-minded music fans?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Re: Most close-minded music fans?

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

Scarlet Bro Hansen wrote:
eyehatethehumanrace wrote:
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:I'm talking more extreme music here. We all know country fans are close minded for the most part in almost everything they do.

1. Punk fans. Thanks to a good friend I had in Jr. High and HS, I became quite a big fan of early to mid 80's hardcore and punk. Because of that I went to many shows, met quite a few punks who fucking HATED metal, even hated the punk/hardcore bands that crossed over. I noticed by highschool a lot of metalheads were into punk, and aside from a very few bands like SOD and VoiVod (who both have punk influences anyway), punks despised any form of metal.

2. Power Metal fans. Tend to be fans of nothing but other Power Metal, and the most annoying thing is their hatred of any vocal style that isn't "clean" high pitched/soaring vocals.
disagree on 1, considering I was punk fan who crossed over into metal, but agree on 2. honestly, besides Manowar, I can't stand that horseshit called "power metal".
No one ever has, nor ever will give a shit about your opinion on anything.
IRONY
Justin's Guardian Angel
Yeest

Post by Justin's Guardian Angel »

metal5411 wrote:The answer is 1.

Jofa is jofaing all over this thread. Fucking shit...
Hey! He has just as much of a right to post in this thread that you do. You know what You're the most closed-minded music fan!
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

My dad only likes fiddle music on the weekends.
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

noah thirteen wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Nope, classical.
My experience has been the opposite - most (some?) classical fans know their music is a dying art and they really go out of their way to get people listening. I have had people who didn't seem like rapists or employees approach me in the classical section, make conversation, offer suggestions and such, just people who are genuinely into music..... I'm pretty sure stuff like that doesn't happen too often in the metal section of the store where everyones glaring at each other, secretly judging for being false, etc......

do you feel jazz fans are different or similar?
Morpheus
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by Morpheus »

I'll go with Crusties. They annoy me for listening to trendy black metal but refusing to even give thrash or death metal a chance. It's like any band that can play their instruments well must be shit, and no matter how good the riffs are, if the bands are made up of "dumb noisy metalheads" they must be shunned.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

baconrebellion wrote:I am.

I'm only into music I like and I really can't stand music I don't like.

What a fucking closed minded prick
This.

I'm closed minded about people who pretend to be open minded about music.

"I'm totally into rap infused deathened black metal with country, folkblaze, shoegaze. and jazz fusion influences."
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Dann O)))
wolves evolve...

Post by Dann O))) »

Polka fans are assholes.
smooth
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smooth »

noah thirteen wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Nope, classical.
My experience has been the opposite - most (some?) classical fans know their music is a dying art and they really go out of their way to get people listening. I have had people who didn't seem like rapists or employees approach me in the classical section, make conversation, offer suggestions and such, just people who are genuinely into music..... I'm pretty sure stuff like that doesn't happen too often in the metal section of the store where everyones glaring at each other, secretly judging for being false, etc......
This has also been my experience. I am more into classical music than metal myself and every person I engaged conversation with regarding classical has been cool. Also, anybody showing an interest even in the most obvious and famous of classical works, I still give kudos too.
The Talmud wrote:Menahoth 43b-44a. A Jewish man is obligated to say the following prayer every day: Thank you God for not making me a gentile, a woman or a slave.
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

Gookstorm wrote:
copstache wrote:jazz fans
Nope, classical.

It's kind of sick how many classical musicians don't branch out beyond jazz and folk disregarding anything popular as worthless drivel. And when they do, it's typically so damn awkward how they're trying to do fusion it's stupid as fuck (see: Vanessa Mae). In jazz, at least there's this undercurrent of rebellion where dudes like John Zorn could have an impact at least. As it stands, most of the classical guys I've met are sort of like snobbish art house movie fanatics.
This made me immediately think of a DJ at a New Brunswick radio station who has mentioned before that Kind of Blue is just too intense for him to listen to because of the harmonic ideas that album introduced in its time. A good number of people who listen to Classical, Avant-Garde, or whatever other genres and periods of European Art Music seem to have an inability to escape music theory ideas that they have learned and practiced, so it hinders any other listening experiences they have.

Almost all of the jazz fanatics I have ever met, including all of my friends who are currently working or studying as jazz musicians, are some of the most open-minded people I have ever met. Punks, on the other hand, who I have encountered at countless shows, are usually incredibly close-minded and care only about specific styles of punk, nothing else.
Chad wrote:Idget child might be the worst poster here though...
mee maw
Unloved and Weeded Out

Post by mee maw »

I feel bad for all you dudes. The punk and metal scenes here are pretty closely related. They mostly all share the same DIY work ethic.
metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

and you're somehow adding intelligent discourse to an already intelligent thread? come on, just kill yourself.
:lol: Yeah, ok.
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Did anyone list industrial/PE guys? If not, I'm doing so now.
disagree. most of the dudes around these parts who are big into noise and industrial come out to lots of different kinds of shows, and some of them play in metal or punk bands as well. might just be a regional thing.

I didn't make it to the end of this thread, but did anyone say electronic music fans? jesus christ, I was hanging out with a couple of old friends last night and they are idly spinning (what my limited ear picked up as) house and trance records and mp3s. At some point I say 'can I make a request?'
'sure!'
'can you put on a dubstep track?'
slight sneer 'i dont spin dubstep'

nevertheless he puts on a dubstep track. the other friend looks at him and says 'glitch' and he says
'what?'
'this is glitch'
'no its not'
'its glitch' and they proceed to ignore each other for the rest of the track.

15 minutes later, long after the track has ended, he says 'I incorrectly identified that as dubstep. dubstep is 140.' the track, by and large, in my limited experience, sounded like a fucking dubstep track and I say 'so if its not 140 bpm its not dubstep?'
'right. electronic music is the only type of music where genres are classified by bpms'
'what if I write a dubstep track at 110bpm?'
'then its not dubstep'

i stopped talking about music with them for the rest of the night.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I think you missed the point that we were just listing everything...so I listed that.

Those bluegrass people, fucking closed-minded assholes.

And what's with that schlager music? Christ...
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

mee maw wrote:I feel bad for all you dudes. The punk and metal scenes here are pretty closely related. They mostly all share the same DIY work ethic.
none of these bands efforts will amount to anything but a cheap night out for a group of dullard dimwits, if you have a working memory find something a bit more worthwhile to waste your time on
Spectre Vs. Rector
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Spectre Vs. Rector »

classic rock, easily.
ImageImage
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

metal5411 wrote:

and you're somehow adding intelligent discourse to an already intelligent thread? come on, just kill yourself.
fuck off. foed.
metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

metal5411 wrote:

fuck off. foed.
Jofa foed me. Oh no. Oh no... Oh no... Oh no...
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Everyone but me has shit taste in music.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
SqualorMTL
Certified False.

Post by SqualorMTL »

the "squares"
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:
Necrometer wrote:you

Hahaha, right grind boy.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

Morpheus wrote:I'll go with Crusties. They annoy me for listening to trendy black metal but refusing to even give thrash or death metal a chance. It's like any band that can play their instruments well must be shit, and no matter how good the riffs are, if the bands are made up of "dumb noisy metalheads" they must be shunned.
jesus christ, this is so true...
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.