Teabaggars protesting the 2010 census

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Teabaggars protesting the 2010 census

Post by Zerohero »

Will twiddlepiddler be lighting his on fire?

Stupid baggars can reduce their number of representatives in the eveillle house by the latest protest. GO BAGGARS GO>>>.1!

Poor census response feared
Widespread mistrust could limit returns

By Jay Rey
NEWS STAFF REPORTER

A decennial tradition that dates back 220 years to the days of George Washington continues today when federal census forms start arriving at more than 120 million households across the United States.

But hanging over this 23rd U.S. census are concerns about a decline in participation.

While the U.S. census has always evoked some resentment toward the feds for poking their nose into people's business, there's a sense that America's distrust of the government has reached greater heights and could contribute to poor census returns.

Sixty-seven percent of U.S. households responded by mail in 2000.

"I am just amazed at the level of fear and mistrust and opposition to the census this time around," said Michael Lavin, a University at Buffalo librarian and author of several books on the U.S. census.

A lot of the paranoia seems come from the blogosphere, Lavin said, but the feelings are widespread. He pointed to comments made last year by Rep. Michele Bachmann, a Republican from Minnesota, who said she would fill out nothing more than the number of people in her household for fear of the information being abused.

"I have never seen this kind of backlash," Lavin said. "I wouldn't call it mainstream now, but it's much more prevalent."

Audrey Singer, a demographer with the Brookings Institute, a Washington-based think tank, offers a few explanations.

This is the first census since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, which led to broader government surveilance powers and, in turn, made many Americans more suspicious of Uncle Sam.

A crackdown on people living illegally in this country may make the immigrant community more leery of participating in the census, even though there are no questions about citizenship or immigration status.

Rising identity theft is also on the minds of Americans.

"There are just a lot of people in the United States who are wary about giving out personal information," Singer said.

The Census Bureau is well aware of the public's suspicions.

But it vows the forms remain confidential and stresses the importance of participating in the national count, which dates back to 1790, when U.S. marshals were dispatched to tally a nation of 3.9 million.

The U.S. census is used to:

• Determine the number of state seats in the House of Representatives.

• Draw boundaries for congressional, state and local legislative districts.

• Distribute more than $446 billion a year in federal aid — almost $2 billion of which goes to the Buffalo Niagara region.

To encourage participation in 2010, the Census Bureau embarked on an unprecedented advertising campaign, which included the controversial decision to spend $2.5 million for spots during the Super Bowl.

One change, in particular, may work in the Census Bureau's favor this year.

It discontinued the long form, which aroused much of the public's ire because of its probing questions about topics ranging from mortgage payments to commute times.

That information is still being asked on a survey sent annually to a sampling of U.S. households, but now the decennial census can focus on accurately counting the more than 300 million Americans.

"This is the shortest one in history — 10 questions," said Robert Coffey, manager of the Buffalo census office. "It shouldn't be a big deal."

Race, age, sex, number of people in the home and their relationship to others in the household are among the questions on the census.

While the wording may be a bit different, it's essentially the same form from 10 years ago, Lavin said.

"The interesting thing about the 2010 form is it has a little more explanation," Lavin said. "It asks two questions explicitly that it had not before: "Were there any additional people you didn't count?' And secondly, "Does the person sometimes stay somewhere else?' "

"The bureau is trying to do two things," Lavin explained, "make sure they don't miss anyone and do the best they can at not double counting people."

Singer noted one other challenge for the Census Bureau in 2010: the foreclosure crisis, which has uprooted many Americans from their homes.

"That could complicate things for people both receiving forms and filling out forms," Singer said.

Still, the Census Bureau is hoping to get a high percentage of people mailing back forms, or else it will have to spend more money to send additional census takers door to door.

For every 1 percent of households that respond by mail, taxpayers save about $85 million, the Census Bureau estimates.

"Take 10 minutes, fill it out and pop it in the mail" in the postage-paid envelope, said Frank Yavicoli, manager of the Census Bureau office in Amherst, "and we won't bother you."

COMMENTS

Mine is going in the trash.Screw these clowns they are the enemy
Posted by: Ih8freecheese on Mar 15,2010 at 09:30 am
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
BUNGVOX

Re: Teabaggars protesting the 2010 census

Post by BUNGVOX »

total cost of the census is 14.5 billion dollars.

should be a great way to spend some dough.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

BOLT THROWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

BUNGVOX wrote:total cost of the census is 14.5 billion dollars.

Yeah, because of having to send representatives in person to dummie households that don't fill it out is more expensive.

Wonder how many census workers will get shot by teabaggar gunnuts? LOL
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Last week I got a letter from THE CENSUS telling me that THE CENSUS was gojng to be arriving next week. I'm surprised THE CENSUS didn't send me a letter a week earlier telling me to expect a letter announcing THE CENSUS the following week... or maybe even a letter a week earlier than that to instruct me to keep an eye on the mailbox for future wasteful mailings. That oughta justify those THE CENSUS dollarsbux. :idea:
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

Toxicarius wrote:

Last week I got a letter from THE CENSUS telling me that THE CENSUS was gojng to be arriving next week. I'm surprised THE CENSUS didn't send me a letter a week earlier telling me to expect a letter announcing THE CENSUS the following week... or maybe even a letter a week earlier than that to instruct me to keep an eye on the mailbox for future wasteful mailings. That oughta justify those THE CENSUS dollarsbux. :idea:
Glass Asshole
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Glass Asshole »

*yawn* mammgmgfdphhfhf

"God used me as hammer boys, to beat his weary drum today"

In Gorguts we trust.
smellmyfinger
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smellmyfinger »

TEABAGGERS MORE MERICAS WORKING AGAINST THEIR OWN SELF INTEREST...NEXT UP...SUPPORTING A CANDIDATES WHO WILL ONLY GIVE TAX CUTS TO THE RICH.
This is like talking to an internet ghost who doesn't even realize he's a ghost yet and keeps trying to talk to those around him. If you try to put a shirt on so people can recognize you I WILL PUNCH THE SHIRT INTO OBLIVION thus rendering you still a ghost. FUCK YOU, smellmyfinger
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

I can only hope this is true, along with the push to get more immigrants to take the census in urban areas, it will take house seats and electoral votes from the red states and give them to the blue.

This is one teabagger initiative I am fully behind. Disenfranchise yourselves for JEEBUS!!!!
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR
Threads Endlessly Scrolled

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:I can only hope this is true, along with the push to get more immigrants to take the census in urban areas, it will take house seats and electoral votes from the red states and give them to the blue.

This is one teabagger initiative I am fully behind. Disenfranchise yourselves for JEEBUS!!!!
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

I also HOPE for CHANGE because morons won't participate in the basics of the system.

WHY ARE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE FINE WITH WARRANTLESS WIRETAPS BUT THINK THE CENSUS IS THE FIRST STEP TO THE NWO
fvkk
F/K/A HAPF
How's them beans, ma?

Post by F/K/A HAPF »

Because a white man that looks like a monkey thought it was a good idea and a black man who doesn't look like a monkey doesn't?
Xbox live: dashboardmelted or HAPF
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

isn't teabaggar just another word for standard republican now?
kale
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

father of lies wrote:I also HOPE for CHANGE because morons won't participate in the basics of the system.

WHY ARE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE FINE WITH WARRANTLESS WIRETAPS BUT THINK THE CENSUS IS THE FIRST STEP TO THE NWO

All this teabaggar nonsense is just a pussy pc way of voicing distress at having a niggaaar president. Why can't they stop being pussies and just have the million clan march on DC and burn 123131 crosses n' shit.

I thought the extra census email was a stupid waste of time and $$ as well, FWIW.
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

F/K/A HAPF wrote:Because a white man that looks like a monkey thought it was a good idea and a black man who doesn't look like a monkey does all of the same shit?
fvkk
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

father of lies wrote:I also HOPE for CHANGE because morons won't participate in the basics of the system.

lots of folks dont mind answering the normal census questions, its all the other bullshit questions they do not like and its none of the federal governments business.

also:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123423384887066377.html
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Post by T O))) M »

Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Got it today. I probably won't fill it out.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Toxicarius wrote:

yeah i got one of those too.

what a colossal waste of dough. just send the motherfucker.
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance

Post by Pyrite Medal of Ignorance »

Erik13 wrote:Got it today. I probably won't fill it out.

put the gun down, erik. put it down...
F/K/A HAPF
How's them beans, ma?

Post by F/K/A HAPF »

I hope everyone lies on the census. Decrease the populations of NYC, LA, and cities like that while increasing the populations of podunk uninhabited towns.
Xbox live: dashboardmelted or HAPF
MrPhage
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by MrPhage »

ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:

lots of folks dont mind answering the normal census questions, its all the other bullshit questions they do not like and its none of the federal governments business.

also:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123423384887066377.html

Which one of the 10 questions bothers you the most?
Brian P.
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Brian P. »

The cenus...the government's just asking to be trolled, and by god I'm gonna.
Music is the pleasure the mind gets by counting subconsciously.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Brian P. wrote:The cenus...the government's just asking to be trolled, and by god I'm gonna.
Never even thought of that. Should I list nonexistent people in the house?
Ipswich
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Ipswich »

F/K/A HAPF wrote:I hope everyone lies on the census. Decrease the populations of NYC, LA, and cities like that while increasing the populations of podunk uninhabited towns.

yeah bro fuck the sytsem