Why are HR departments packed with morons?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Mr. Budd

Why are HR departments packed with morons?

Post by Mr. Budd »

Is it an easy degree? Do their daily responsibilities require little smarts? I support computers in a hospital and apart from the mental health workers who are COMPLETE MORONS - the HR department is the worst. PR isn't too far behind them.

The pharmacists are the brightest in general. The nurses vary greatly but most of the nurses are digusting animals - stupid and sloppy. Only the ICU nurses aren't complete she-apes.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Re: Why are HR departments packed with morons?

Post by Vagectomy »

Since when do you need a degree to work in HR?
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Vagectomy wrote:Since when do you need a degree to work in HR?

Since you're gay.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

noah thirteen wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:apart from the mental health workers who are COMPLETE MORONS
Now lets not make generalizations here.....
They are complete morons - every fucking last one. I don't know if it's just my site - or across the board - but here - they are completely lost - nobody at the hospital will even talk to them. They let a suicidal man hack himself to ribbons a few months back...forgot to check his clothes for a straight-razor. I think at least someone got canned for that one.
Last edited by Mr. Budd on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Mr. Budd wrote:
Vagectomy wrote:Since when do you need a degree to work in HR?

Since you're gay.
You are gay for thinking you needed a degree to work in HR. I'm gay because I choose to be.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Mr. Budd wrote:Is it an easy degree? Do their daily responsibilities require little smarts? I support computers in a hospital and apart from the mental health workers who are COMPLETE MORONS - the HR department is the worst. PR isn't too far behind them.

The pharmacists are the brightest in general. The nurses vary greatly but most of the nurses are digusting animals - stupid and sloppy. Only the ICU nurses aren't complete she-apes.

HR is one of those ultimate "bullshit" jobs. No real skills but showing up for work and dressin' professional. Primary daily concern being where they are going or ordering lunch.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Once again it looks like a nurse told Mr. Budd where to go...
Brian P.
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Brian P. »

Any occupation with the title “Generalist” holds little value.
Music is the pleasure the mind gets by counting subconsciously.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

everytime i change a retirement contribution or a benefit option it takes like 8 emails and a visit before the idea sinks in for 'em and they can get ON it.

"can I get the paperwork to fill out to deduct an additional $10 per check for retirement account"

They act like, you do you think you are Wil Rahmer?
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Not all of us are morons....... :confused:
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

It's a great policy: put the stupidest people in your company in charge of hiring and taking care of your workers, your most important resource. I can't even tell you how many times I've walked away from companies because their HR people were fucking clueless. Does NOT inspire confidence.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Zerohero wrote:everytime i change a retirement contribution or a benefit option it takes like 8 emails and a visit before the idea sinks in for 'em and they can get ON it.

"can I get the paperwork to fill out to deduct an additional $10 per check for retirement account"

They act like, you do you think you are Wil Rahmer?
We pushed all of our forms etc. to the web...so what did the HR department do? Lock their door, put a sign over the window and suggest people go to the website to figure everything out. That might have cause SOME frustration with the nurses who cry when they have to use a computer in the first place. Updating makes sense - the transition could have been planned a bit better.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

the awesome Assassin wrote:Once again it looks like a nurse told Mr. Budd where to go...
Nope - the HR lady put in a help desk call because her password didn't work. Even the help-desk coudn't figure it out - she was using the "wrong name".
Brian P.
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Brian P. »

Introvert wrote:Not all of us are morons....... :confused:
:lhug:
Music is the pleasure the mind gets by counting subconsciously.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

WORLD EATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord Beguile
JOSH

Post by Lord Beguile »

Introvert wrote:Not all of us are morons....... :confused:
Bored013 wrote:I've spoke to a few girls after they've been raped...there is of course the pain, the violence, the degradation...but there is also the question. "Why did he leave?"
hana maru wrote:..i've dealt with tiny dicked men pounding on my girl parts for minutes at a time.
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

I have no beef with our HR here but our Help Desk, that's another story. Our printer got fucked up last Monday. Everytime it went to feed paper it got jammed. Take out the jammed paper and it'd do it again. It needed a new part. Anyways, I email the help desk with the form that they request you use. They email me back saying no, don't email us, email this other department we outsourced it to. Fine, I do that, and then nothing. I get an email the next day (Tuesday) saying that it's getting processed. Towards the end of the day I'm getting pissed cause we can't function here without our printer so I email the guy back asking what gives? He responds the next day saying it's getting processed. Now my boss is getting pissed off. He calls this department and they tell him that they put in a request to some printer service company. He asks for their # so he can call them and ask when they'll be out. They reply with "we don't have a # for them". Are they fucking serious? He calls the departments manager, he says he's busy and he'll get back to him. He never calls back so my boss calls him again and it happens again, he says he'll call back and doesn't. Now it's Thursday and my boss calls once again and they say someone will be out today. No one ever showed up. Finally, we get to Friday, a full week without a printer and no work getting done, and my boss calls this department again and says what the fuck? They check it out and say "Oh, look at that, we actually didn't process this request, we'll put it a request today". Finally someone shows up in the afternoon on Friday to fix the printer, all of which took 2 minutes to do. Fucking incompetant as all fucking hell.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Tony Twist wrote:I have no beef with our HR here but our Help Desk, that's another story. Our printer got fucked up last Monday. Everytime it went to feed paper it got jammed. Take out the jammed paper and it'd do it again. It needed a new part. Anyways, I email the help desk with the form that they request you use. They email me back saying no, don't email us, email this other department we outsourced it to. Fine, I do that, and then nothing. I get an email the next day (Tuesday) saying that it's getting processed. Towards the end of the day I'm getting pissed cause we can't function here without our printer so I email the guy back asking what gives? He responds the next day saying it's getting processed. Now my boss is getting pissed off. He calls this department and they tell him that they put in a request to some printer service company. He asks for their # so he can call them and ask when they'll be out. They reply with "we don't have a # for them". Are they fucking serious? He calls the departments manager, he says he's busy and he'll get back to him. He never calls back so my boss calls him again and it happens again, he says he'll call back and doesn't. Now it's Thursday and my boss calls once again and they say someone will be out today. No one ever showed up. Finally, we get to Friday, a full week without a printer and no work getting done, and my boss calls this department again and says what the fuck? They check it out and say "Oh, look at that, we actually didn't process this request, we'll put it a request today". Finally someone shows up in the afternoon on Friday to fix the printer, all of which took 2 minutes to do. Fucking incompetant as all fucking hell.

I'm a big fan of going in person--- I wind up more friendly with the staff and generally things get done faster. I save them a trip usually too. Buying the main IT guy a beer on occasion doesn't hurt either. Dude's even a BOC fan, :what:
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Mr. Budd wrote:
the awesome Assassin wrote:Once again it looks like a nurse told Mr. Budd where to go...
Nope - the HR lady put in a help desk call because her password didn't work. Even the help-desk coudn't figure it out - she was using the "wrong name".

My first line of support for MY COMPUTER IS BROKEDED, can U help is: IS IT plugged in??

"Fixed" quite a few in my day checking that first.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Tony Twist wrote:I have no beef with our HR here but our Help Desk, that's another story. Our printer got fucked up last Monday. Everytime it went to feed paper it got jammed. Take out the jammed paper and it'd do it again. It needed a new part. Anyways, I email the help desk with the form that they request you use. They email me back saying no, don't email us, email this other department we outsourced it to. Fine, I do that, and then nothing. I get an email the next day (Tuesday) saying that it's getting processed. Towards the end of the day I'm getting pissed cause we can't function here without our printer so I email the guy back asking what gives? He responds the next day saying it's getting processed. Now my boss is getting pissed off. He calls this department and they tell him that they put in a request to some printer service company. He asks for their # so he can call them and ask when they'll be out. They reply with "we don't have a # for them". Are they fucking serious? He calls the departments manager, he says he's busy and he'll get back to him. He never calls back so my boss calls him again and it happens again, he says he'll call back and doesn't. Now it's Thursday and my boss calls once again and they say someone will be out today. No one ever showed up. Finally, we get to Friday, a full week without a printer and no work getting done, and my boss calls this department again and says what the fuck? They check it out and say "Oh, look at that, we actually didn't process this request, we'll put it a request today". Finally someone shows up in the afternoon on Friday to fix the printer, all of which took 2 minutes to do. Fucking incompetant as all fucking hell.

Why are IT departments such morans?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

Public school education/conditioning
kale
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

neckbeard wrote:Public school education/conditioning
hahahaha
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Board Parrot
Morbid Florist

Post by Board Parrot »

COMPLETE MORONS COMPLETE MORONS COMPLETE MORONS
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

Zerohero wrote:

I'm a big fan of going in person--- I wind up more friendly with the staff and generally things get done faster. I save them a trip usually too. Buying the main IT guy a beer on occasion doesn't hurt either. Dude's even a BOC fan, :what:

I'd love going in person instead too but they have this whole chain of command here thing. You can go up to someone and they'll tell you "even though I'm the right person to speak to, I cannot accept any verbal or email requests, you have to fill out this form and you must submit this specific way, otherwise we won't accept it". I just ran into an IT on my lunch and told him the story and he had a laugh out of it. I'd gladly have gotten him a beer if he was around on Day 1 to help me but according to the superiors, that would be the absolute wrong way to go about doing things. On top of that, the department I had to go through is out of state and the print company we used is located in a state of which we have no affiliates and they happen to have an office in my city though for service repairs. The simple, basic way of doing things went out the window a few years ago in the already retarded corporate world.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

HR is worthless.
Their function is basically to do as little as possible for the employees, w/out getting the company in legal trouble.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin