Post an obscure wrestler whom time has forgotten

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post an obscure wrestler whom time has forgotten

Post by Turd Murder »

The world of professional wrestling is as tragic outside the ring as is the triumph portrayed inside of it. Wrestlers don't just die, they expire in grandiose fashion, like rockstars, or else they wither to a nub, dried up meat clinging to the inside of a rusted shell. Everyone talks about the Chris Benoits, the Eddie Guerreros, the headline grabbers and the scandal makers who die by drug overdose or by their own hands. But what of those combatants whose lives after the matches stop are a painful pitiful shadow imitation of the glory they once knew? In this thread we will share, we will reminisce, we will stare in abject horror at the last vestigial traits of the freak show carnival world. These are the wrestler whom time has forgotten.

My contribution

'Crusher' Jerry Blackwell, the rotund babyface who stuffed his massive ass into the top of AWA's cards in the 80's. As limber as a sack of potatoes, Blackwell squashed opponents with his splash finisher and had the capacity to clog hotel toilets with veritable ease.
Jerry was one of the few superstars who never made it to New York in Vince McMahon's 80's wrestling zeitgeist, rather, due to his immense obesity and the toll of the ring and the road, faded into pitch black obscurity, eventually succumbing to complications from pneumonia at the young age of 45. Perhaps his ghost is felt whenever an overweight grappler stuffs himself into a singlet to contain his girth or a fat fan in the front row shits himself rather than giving up his seat for the match, but the Crusher's legacy is practically nil, in an industry in which legacy is everything.
I will never forget you, Jerry. I will always remember.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Re: Post an obscure wrestler whom time has forgotten

Post by Teufel »

Jason The Terrible

I remember him from Stampede Wrestling days. He went over to Japan and started doing death matches in the 90s after Stampede folded. Don't remember much about him other than he was a terrible wrestler and wore a Jason mask.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Roadblock. Discovered by Hulk Hogan, came up with the worst gimmick imaginable, and didn't gain a single fan. He was a fat tub of goo that was basically fodder for bigger wrestlers like Goldberg, Giant, Nash, even Hugh Morrus.

He mostly wrestled on WCW Saturday Nights (holy fuck, I miss this show). He eventually moved up the ranks of being the "big guy jobber" to actually winning matches on WCW Saturday Night but winning matches on Saturday Night is not something you should list on your resume...

fuck, i miss how wild the crowd was back then... these people are fucking excited for a fucking giant vs roadblock match
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Haystacks Calhoun!

On another note, I was flipping through channels tonight and stumbled upon RAW. Bret Hitman Hart was on and I guess he's gonna fight Vince at this year's Wrestlemania. Then it hit me, I saw the Hart Foundation against Iron Sheik and Nicoli Volkoff on my 8th birthday. Over 25 years ago!! Fuck....
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

Uncle Elmer:

Barry Horowitz:

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

rapmaster pn news

his raps were so, so bad. i love how his music would start playing before his splash too, you knew he was going to miss and lose when the music didn't start
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Teufel wrote:Jason The Terrible

I remember him from Stampede Wrestling days. He went over to Japan and started doing death matches in the 90s after Stampede folded. Don't remember much about him other than he was a terrible wrestler and wore a Jason mask.
Apparently there were two different Jason the Terribles. Some other dude took over the gimmick and wrestled in Japan. I have seen his work on many occasions, and can attest to the fact thay he earned the nickname, and not just because he wore a hockey mask.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Waylon Mercy

Waylon Mercy in a gimmick based on Robert De Niro's portrayal of Max Cady in the 1991 remake of Cape Fear. Like Cady, he had jet black hair, wore white attire with an aloha shirt, and sported several strange tattoos (Spivey's were artificial). The character was introduced through a series of vignettes that always had Spivey speaking in a calm yet sinister manner "Lives are gonna be... in Waylon Mercy's hands. Hee Hee Hee Hee" and finishing with the phrase "You know what I mean?"

Spivey portrayed a heel despite his character acting as a peaceful southern gentleman outside of the ring. Waylon Mercy would shake the hands of the fans, his opponent, and even the referee before his matches. However, once the bell rang, he became vicious, insincerely apologizing for actions such as kicking or choking a downed opponent. Mercy's finishing move saw him apply a sleeper hold as he revealed a wide-eyed, insane expression. Once the bell rang, he would return to his "polite southern gentleman" act.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

The Conquistadors:

The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

After he was approached by talent scout Pat Patterson, Konnan spent eight months in the American World Wrestling Federation as Max Moon in 1992. The Moon character, created by Konnan,[12] was that of a cyborg who wore an outfit (purchased by the WWF at the cost of US$1,300) bedecked with circuitry and a pyrotechnic gun during his approach to the ring. Konnan was given many ring names, including his own name, the Comet Kid, Maximillion Moves, El Electrico, and eventually Max Moon. His character hailed from "The Future" or "Outer Space", his entrance music was a techno song, and his finishing move was the flying bodypress (a somersault onto his opponent with them on his shoulders). His attire was blue leather, silver foam tubing and a mask. On his way to the ring, he shot sparkles into the crowd.

Debuting in the WWF on September 1, 1992 in Hershey, Pennsylvania under the name the Comet Kid, he pinned Duane Gill. After three televised matches, Konnan left the WWF following a disagreement with WWF owner Vince McMahon. Konnan believed that he was being discriminated against and resented McMahon's refusal to give him a guaranteed contract. The Max Moon gimmick was subsequently given to Paul Diamond, before being abandoned
bone_dust
Diversion of Former Customary Trite Comp

Post by bone_dust »

"Iron" Mike Sharpe

The Brooklyn Brawler
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

Girlcut shirt with pink font is like nowadays Brooklyn. Just look at Ward.
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_Robertson :

Byron James John "Dewey" Robertson (February 28, 1939 - August 16, 2007) was a professional wrestler, known best for his ring name The Missing Link.
As the Missing Link, Robertson wore blue and green face paint and shaved portions of his head while letting the hair grow in other areas. His gimmick was similar to that of George Steele and Kamala, a crazy out-of-control wild man that needed a trainer or manager to lead him to the ring. During his matches, Robertson would often ram his own head repeatedly into the turnbuckle, headbutt and dive head first onto an opponent.
He achieved his greatest fame late in his career, wrestling in WCCW, managed by Skandor Akbar and in the WWF, managed by Bobby Heenan in the mid 1980's.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Bruiser Brody

maybe not obscure, but i had totally forgotten about him
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

Hunter wrote:Bruiser Brody

maybe not obscure, but i had totally forgotten about him

Great, Mr. Know-it-All has to chime in...
Metal Parties for NY Fuckfaces Check It: cluster FUCKED

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
rape bear "I forgot to add: Scott Ward's pussy eating skills."
copstache "scott ward: rapist"
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

zombiehead wrote:He mostly wrestled on WCW Saturday Nights (holy fuck, I miss this show).
agreed.

classic stuff.

the yeti........remember that bullshit when they did the 3 ring battle royal and they trotted that 7 foot tall dude wrapped in gauze?

the good ol days.
MrPhage
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by MrPhage »

King Curtis

An old Championship Wrestling from Florida guy, at least that's where I use to see him. Dude's noggin was seriously scarred up from slicing.
MrPhage
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by MrPhage »

Bob Roop

Another CWF guy. Once said that Steve Kern's POW father deserved to be a POW since he was stupid enough to get captured. :awesome:
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Turd Murder wrote:Apparently there were two different Jason the Terribles. Some other dude took over the gimmick and wrestled in Japan. I have seen his work on many occasions, and can attest to the fact thay he earned the nickname, and not just because he wore a hockey mask.
Oh shit, you're right, I completely forgot about that.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

I have actually met PN News, no shit.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

The Schwartz wrote:Image
Shit. I was gonna post him. I could have sworn me and my brothers were the only people who remembered him. We even had a rip-off character in our made up wrestling league.
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

Everyone remembers the Legion of Doom/Road Warriors. No one seems to give a shit about their bondage-clad stepchildren, Demolition:

Also:
Last edited by Eight Foot Manchild on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.