Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Re: Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Post by soiled depends »

Teufel wrote:I like how people celebrate a holiday for a country they weren't born in and have never been to. "I'm Irish." No, Skyclad, your grandparents were Irish, you're just some asshole American born and raised in Michigan, you fucking faggot.
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

chris narcosis
ultimate EVIL

Post by chris narcosis »

Teufel wrote:I like how people celebrate a holiday for a country they weren't born in and have never been to. "I'm Irish." No, your grandparents were Irish, you're just some asshole American born and raised in Boston, you ginger faggot.

IM HALF IRISH IVE BEEN THERE ITS A SHITHOLE!!!
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Going to ignore this nonsense.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

chris narcosis wrote:IM HALF IRISH IVE BEEN THERE ITS A SHITHOLE!!!
The only reason to drink on a Wednesday is because:
A) You live in Ireland and you hate life because your diet consists mostly of fucking potatoes.
B) You're an alcoholic and were going to get drunk today anyway.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
chris narcosis
ultimate EVIL

Post by chris narcosis »

Teufel wrote:
A) You live in Ireland and you hate life because your diet consists mostly of fucking potatoes.

OR MAYBE ITS YOUR DAY OFF TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

soiled depends wrote:
Teufel wrote:I like how people celebrate a holiday for a country they weren't born in and have never been to. "I'm Irish." No, Skyclad, your grandparents were Irish, you're just some asshole American born and raised in Michigan, you fucking faggot.

I also had Frech-Canadian grandparents. What do you have to say about that? Even the Canadian part of me hates Canada.
StateScatologist
Better at internetting than you.

Post by StateScatologist »

Technically, it's a celebration of an historical figure who supposedly christianised a previously Pagan country in one fell swoop in the 400s. Which is gay. And then there's the whole plastic Paddy element of it where shitloads of people get excited about a country they know fuck all about. Which is also gay. But I like days off and I like drinking, so that side of it is cool with me. Probably gonna hit Dublin city centre in a while. People will be drunk since last night and it'll be total fucking chaos.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

StateScatologist wrote:Technically, it's a celebration of an historical figure who supposedly christianised a previously Pagan country in one fell swoop in the 400s. Which is gay. And then there's the whole plastic Paddy element of it where shitloads of people get excited about a country they know fuck all about. Which is also gay. But I like days off and I like drinking, so that side of it is cool with me. Probably gonna hit Dublin city centre in a while. People will be drunk since last night and it'll be total fucking chaos.

Dude, don't know shit about Ireland? 99% of Americans don't know shit about America.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:I also had Frech-Canadian grandparents. What do you have to say about that? .
you're just some asshole American born and raised in Michigan, you fucking faggot
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Teufel wrote:
What if you usually have Wednesday off...
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Comrade Slinky wrote:Going to ignore this nonsense.
Fine, party pooper. Just don't ignore the musicks! :awesome:

Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

the awesome Assassin wrote:What if you usually have Wednesday off...
If you usually have Wednesday off, you work at fucking McDonald's and need to get a real job.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Deez Nutz
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Deez Nutz »

Nothing more than an excuse to buy Guinness and Bass to make a proper Black & Tan, might as well drop a shot of Jameson in there, too. Fuck it.
StateScatologist

Deez Nutz wrote:Nothing more than an excuse to buy Guinness and Bass to make a proper Black & Tan, might as well drop a shot of Jameson in there, too. Fuck it.
Can't argue with that logic.

Got a tad more sober and am actually not gonna hit Dublin city centre. Did it a few times when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, you tend to avoid it and find a house party or things like that. There's pretty much no avoiding getting in a scrap with some nackers on Paddy's day in Dublin city centre. Might hit some local boozer in a while or something like that.
SqualorMTL
Certified False.

Post by SqualorMTL »

Some drunken moron got crushed under a float and the parade was immediately cancelled:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Fat ... story.html

soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

:moreawesome: :lol: :moreawesome: :lol:

the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

The parade should of went on...
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

English insurgents.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Teufel wrote:I like how people celebrate a holiday for a country they weren't born in and have never been to. "I'm Irish." No, your grandparents were Irish, you're just some asshole American born and raised in Boston, you ginger faggot.
And there we have it...

Now the thread is complete. Next.
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

The entire nation of course is waiting with baited breath for me to play Irish songs out in front of McGreevy's on Boylston street, as is my custom. Last year UFC Light Heavyweight Champion (at the time) Rashad Evans came out of the pub, stumbling drunk (or else Lyoto Machida had punched him) at 2 AM and gave me a couple dollars. He's probably there right now, waiting for me to show up.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

I'm not Irish, have 0% Irish ancestry, but I like this time of year because the corned beef (YUM) generally goes on sale, and I can feast for cheap. Plus there are some Irish bands/songs I enjoy, so I can fake it for a day, can I not? Don't throw me under the wheels of a parade float, mens... :mrgreen:
StateScatologist

Bored, Esq. wrote:
And there we have it...
I think there's probably much the same thing anywhere with ex-pats talking up where they're "from". I'm patriotic in my own way, but Paddy's day means nothing to me except a day off to get hammered. And the aspects of my country I'm most proud of are things most wannabe Paddies or plastic Paddies probably aren't even aware of. And also, most Irish people have no time for Yanks coming over here and dressing up as leprechauns for the day anyway. But admittedly I do like the high octane Paddy punk of the Dropkick Murphys.
Last edited by StateScatologist on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I'm half Irish. I'm going to get half drunk, go out and beat up a really short Italian, and then get my legs cut off by a float. What is half the color green? Yellow? I'll go piss somewhere...
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Zerohero wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote: I wish they had a holiday where the Italians and Irish let their 'heritage' come out, and beat the shit out of each other. That would be more rewarding.
we gots that here in our megalopoluous
being both italian and a little irish, i approve of this message, and hope it comes into popular practice
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
StateScatologist

Here's my contribution to potato nigger vids for the day that's in it:

Some great trad music:

Some Gaelic football:

A New yorker called Des Bishop singing 'Jump Around' by House of Pain in Irish: