Yardwork

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Mike Green

Yardwork

Post by Mike Green »

Holy shit my in laws have the crappiest yard tools ever. Electric mower and weed whacker. WTF? I got weeds 3 feet high and shit. Fuckin rain. Yardwork is pretty cool.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Re: Yardwork

Post by Hypnagogia »

Mike Green wrote:Holy shit my in laws have the crappiest yard tools ever. Electric mower and weed whacker. WTF? I got weeds 3 feet high and shit. Fuckin rain. Yardwork is pretty cool.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Yard work is fun. Nothing better than putting your headphones on in the summer and cutting the grass. The smell of the freshly cut grass. Oh yeah. :moreawesome:
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

I don't even know what that means
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

Vagectomy wrote:Yard work is fun. Nothing better than putting your headphones on in the summer and cutting the grass. The smell of the freshly cut grass. Oh yeah. :moreawesome:

That's what i'm talking about. We got big plans for the yard coming up. Gonna make it so there's less grass to deal with.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Mike Green wrote:
Vagectomy wrote:Yard work is fun. Nothing better than putting your headphones on in the summer and cutting the grass. The smell of the freshly cut grass. Oh yeah. :moreawesome:

That's what i'm talking about. We got big plans for the yard coming up. Gonna make it so there's less grass to deal with.
What? Less grass? The more the better!
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

Vagectomy wrote:
Mike Green wrote:

I have a huge yard, dooder. It's not fun. Were gonna have some grass in the middle of the yard and then on each side there will be gardens. I'll take pics when it's complete.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

if you're going to bother w/ pics, you need before & after pics.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

Hypnagogia wrote:if you're going to bother w/ pics, you need before & after pics.

I have plenty of before pics. I'm not going to post the before ones now cause i'll get shit for having a crappy yard. The people who lived here before us were pretty trashy.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Mike Green wrote:
Vagectomy wrote:
Mike Green wrote:

I have a huge yard, dooder. It's not fun. Were gonna have some grass in the middle of the yard and then on each side there will be gardens. I'll take pics when it's complete.
I have 3 acres to cut, and it's FUN! Grab a beer and get mowing!
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

Vagectomy wrote:
Mike Green wrote:
Vagectomy wrote:
Mike Green wrote:

Goddamn!!! Fuck that haha. I couldn't afford to water that much grass.... I mean my wife can't afford to water that much grass
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Mike Green wrote:
Vagectomy wrote:
Mike Green wrote:
Vagectomy wrote:
Mike Green wrote:

Goddamn!!! Fuck that haha. I couldn't afford to water that much grass.... I mean my wife can't afford to water that much grass
We just bought this house 3 years ago and it's honestly been fun taking care of the grass. I have 2 gardens too. The rural life for the win! Oh, and in the summer I water 3 times a week for 45 minutes.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

We've only lived here for 10 months. But we've done a lot to the place so far. I like it. It's fun making a house a home
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Mike Green wrote:We've only lived here for 10 months. But we've done a lot to the place so far. I like it. It's fun making a house a home
Damn right it is!
Barcass Grinder
I hate my life.

Post by Barcass Grinder »

I thought this thread would be about cleaning up St. Bernard shit, because the kind of post-snow yardwork I've been doing all week. I hate Spring for this reason.
Big Blood Grenade
DO THE DEW!

Post by Big Blood Grenade »

Imagine if Ryan started this thread . . .
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

My sweaty took the day off yesterday and pulled out 11 shrubs. We moved in last August and were focused on in house stuff, this spring will be all out yard assault! Using the Obama bucks to replace the decrepit Deck.

Same here Mike, we're adding paths, circular gardens, flower beds, anything to cut down on the amount of grass to mow.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

danox3 wrote:My sweaty took the day off yesterday and pulled out 11 shrubs. We moved in last August and were focused on in house stuff, this spring will be all out yard assault! Using the Obama bucks to replace the decrepit Deck.

Same here Mike, we're adding paths, circular gardens, flower beds, anything to cut down on the amount of grass to mow.
Morpheus
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by Morpheus »

It is fun if you approach it with that attitude. If you think of it as "work" then you're going at it the wrong way.

My parents paid me £15 (a lot of money when you're on the dole) to do up the garden last saturday and I had a blast. I mowed the lawn, fixed up the pond, sorted out the compost heap and more! Better than sitting inside all day if you ask me.
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

Yeah, we do yardwork in Rochester.

:dann:
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

danox3 wrote:Yeah, we do yardwork in Rochester.

The question is, is there anything worth fixing up in Rochester?
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

I have a ton of yardwork this year, but why should this year be any different? The usual rake the lawn/pick up sticks, clean out and fence in the flower beds, prune/transplant/divide/etc., and on and on and on needs to be done. And this year I have the added chore of seeding a large section of the front lawn that was dug up by the sewer installation last fall, plus there's an area of erosion in the side yard that needs to be fixed... just as soon as my neighbor corrects his runoff problem causing that erosion. Luckily I enjoy this kind of work or I'd be crying right now... :mrgreen:
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

Vagectomy wrote:
danox3 wrote:Yeah, we do yardwork in Rochester.

The question is, is there anything worth fixing up in Rochester?
Maybe not in the city, but I am in a nice quiet suburb, seconds from the bay. I don't even have street lights on my street. It's awesome.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

I hate it; it detracts from doing FUN things outdoors while the weather is nice.

This year will involve planting low-maintenance ground ivy instead of shitty bark, and hiring people to trim trees & remove bushes from the backyard, which can't be accessed by my truck.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Big Blood Grenade wrote:Imagine if Ryan started this thread . . .
Sorry, I had a 3 hour meeting this morning.

Two weekends ago was our first official yardwork fun for the year. I mowed, did some weeding, raked up a bunch of flowers from a few trees that shit tons of flowers all over this time of year, and picked up a shitload of pinecones from our neighbor's tree. The old lady did a bang up job trimming back a bunch of trees/shrubs/bushes.

This weekend will likely be spent getting the garden all ready and possibly even planted. And since it's been two weeks and decent weather I might even get to mow again already.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat