How much does your average DM act make anyway?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

How much does your average DM act make anyway?

Post by Ghost Dad »

Your typical band that tours a few months out of the year, has a few albums being distributed/merch, ect...Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel excluded. How much do these folks pull in?

Does Fatlapse know?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Bored, Esq.

Re: How much does your average DM act make anyway?

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Either slightly more or slightly less than nothing.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

About 4 cans of banana milk a week. Morbid Angel and Six Feet Under - about 5.
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
You Killed Jesus
Keep it thick...

Post by You Killed Jesus »

I think you'd have to give a better definition of what an "average" DM band would be. Is this a band that draws 100-200 people every night on tour?
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Far less than they would have made between the late 80's and 1993 when he genre was still relevent and good.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:I have no idea but I am an old fuck without a clue posting in this thread.
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

soiled depends wrote:
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:I have no idea but I am an old fuck without a clue posting in this thread.

I was listening to Death Metal before you slapped maple syrup on your wee Canadian dick for your momma to lick off.
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

$60
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

mastoman wrote:$60
PLus free Hormel chili dinner and 2 free drinks.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

I've been booking shows and tours for fifteen years. What kind of band are you asking about? Are they headlining? Are they part of a package deal?

My guess is that if you're talking about a band that is only out for two months of the year with a few albums of material that is distributed decently, you're probably in the $400-$600 range. But again, it depends on a few things...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

You Killed Jesus
Keep it thick...

soiled depends wrote:I've been booking shows and tours for fifteen years. What kind of band are you asking about? Are they headlining? Are they part of a package deal?

My guess is that if you're talking about a band that is only out for two months of the year with a few albums of material that is distributed decently, you're probably in the $400-$600 range. But again, it depends on a few things...
It's also my understanding that package tour bands don't make as much money, if they're not the headliners. $200 a night seems to be what a lot of those bands get, but the crowds are usually bigger so merch sales become more of a factor.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I checked with an authority in the know,
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
KAKA
and the average death metal band earns,
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
$12,302,011 per year
after taxes.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

You Killed Jesus wrote:It's also my understanding that package tour bands don't make as much money, if they're not the headliners. $200 a night seems to be what a lot of those bands get, but the crowds are usually bigger so merch sales become more of a factor.
I would agree with that.

zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

I heard of bands buying cartons of cigarettes in states where smokes are cheaper then selling them in more expensive states making a profit. I think selling drugs would make you more money than merch.

I think all most bands can hope for now is breaking even on gas money. If you got a job waiting for your back home and your rent paid then don't worry.
You Killed Jesus
Keep it thick...

zzzzzzzz wrote:I heard of bands buying cartons of cigarettes in states where smokes are cheaper then selling them in more expensive states making a profit. I think selling drugs would make you more money than merch.

I think all most bands can hope for now is breaking even on gas money. If you got a job waiting for your back home and your rent paid then don't worry.
I've known a few bands that sold some really good pot on the road... I personally wouldn't do it though, there's too many places you gotta drive across with asshole cops who will pull over any van hauling a trailer for no reason.
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

It seems to me that the death metal scene is vastly overpopulated with buzzcut posers these days. Scribbled logo deathgrind slammers to be exact. I'll call that "average" for the times, and say that they are actually paying into the system. They make nothing.

I will further suggest that they are the majority of the fuckers stupid ignorant immature dedicated enough to buy the other bands' merch and keep the whole show on the road any way. They are also the first to throw stones at harder working bands with more success.
Hotelfire
Corporate Death

Post by Hotelfire »

When I was working tours...

Hate Eternal - $150 a night - when Conquering the Throne came out
Grave - $800-$1000 a night - 2004 Tour
Vader - $1000 - $1500 a night - 2003 Tour
Immolation - $1200 - $1800 - 2003 and 2004 Tours
E.Town Concrete $3000 a night in Jersey

Not Death Metal, but I recently heard Botch was offered like a $100,000 dollars to play a show and they turned it down.
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

Hotelfire wrote:When I was working tours...

Hate Eternal - $150 a night - when Conquering the Throne came out
Grave - $800-$1000 a night - 2004 Tour
Vader - $1000 - $1500 a night - 2003 Tour
Immolation - $1200 - $1800 - 2003 and 2004 Tours
E.Town Concrete $3000 a night in Jersey

Not Death Metal, but I recently heard Botch was offered like a $100,000 dollars to play a show and they turned it down.
Goddamn E. Town Concrete is one of the WORST WORST WORST bands I've ever seen or heard. And $3000 a night in Jersey proves that those toxic waste Guinea rejects are stupid as fuck.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

.00000001% of the total GDP of ghana.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Hotelfire wrote: Immolation - $1200 - $1800 - 2003 and 2004 Tours
This surprises me.

The last time I saw Immo was probably in 2001 or so. There were about 15 people there and Alex Hernandez spent the hour before their set trying to convince some Mexican girl she should show him her tits. She eventually complied and I believe he applauded by doing a little blast on his practice pad.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Hotelfire wrote: Immolation - $1200 - $1800 - 2003 and 2004 Tours
This surprises me.

The last time I saw Immo was probably in 2001 or so. There were about 15 people there and Alex Hernandez spent the hour before their set trying to convince some Mexican girl she should show him her tits. She eventually complied and I believe he applauded by doing a little blast on his practice pad.
I hope you mean he was drumming.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Haha...yeah. He had his practice pad with him and he would applaud the bands on before Immo by doing little rolls. It was cute.
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa

Post by Pistol Whip »

It was 1000$ for the Impaled/phobia/Maruta tour a year and half ago.

Noctuary wanted 150$ for the very last show they ever played.

I passed on that Impaled and they just ended up doing a door deal with the club.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Poor Leon...
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

not really on topic, but about two years ago i've heard that Bonnie Prince Billy asks for $50.000 per night. :shock:
rīdoonrīmenbā