How much does your average DM act make anyway?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Re: How much does your average DM act make anyway?

Post by soiled depends »

Phritz wrote:not really on topic, but about two years ago i've heard that Bonnie Prince Billy asks for $50.000 per night. :shock:

I reviewed a contract and performance rider for LL Cool J that was in the same neighborhood last year. :o
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

soiled depends wrote:
Phritz wrote:not really on topic, but about two years ago i've heard that Bonnie Prince Billy asks for $50.000 per night. :shock:

I reviewed a contract and performance rider for LL Cool J that was in the same neighborhood last year. :o
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstaget ... oolj1.html

Edit: Sunday is soul food night!
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

50.000 isn't a whole lot. minimum wage here is like 7.300
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Bored, Esq. wrote:Poor Leon...
He wasn't on that tour. Sir Ross Sewage pulled double duty and it was worth more than they got paid I'm sure.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Introvert wrote:
He wasn't on that tour. Sir Ross Sewage pulled double duty and it was worth more than they got paid I'm sure.
That was understood. Next.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Introvert wrote:
That was understood. Next.
Next what? Be nice fuckface!
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Hotelfire wrote:When I was working tours...

Hate Eternal - $150 a night - when Conquering the Throne came out
Grave - $800-$1000 a night - 2004 Tour
Vader - $1000 - $1500 a night - 2003 Tour
Immolation - $1200 - $1800 - 2003 and 2004 Tours
E.Town Concrete $3000 a night in Jersey

Not Death Metal, but I recently heard Botch was offered like a $100,000 dollars to play a show and they turned it down.
I guess I coud've circumvented this entire thread by asking leon if he has a day job.

I'm guessing TBDM sleeps on a bed of money though...
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

necrothrash wrote:It seems to me that the death metal scene is vastly overpopulated with buzzcut posers these days. Scribbled logo deathgrind slammers to be exact. I'll call that "average" for the times, and say that they are actually paying into the system. They make nothing.

I will further suggest that they are the majority of the fuckers stupid ignorant immature dedicated enough to buy the other bands' merch and keep the whole show on the road any way. They are also the first to throw stones at harder working bands with more success.
what about the old-school revivalist bands like Dead Congregation and Father Befouled?
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

eyehatethehumanrace wrote:
necrothrash wrote:It seems to me that the death metal scene is vastly overpopulated with buzzcut posers these days. Scribbled logo deathgrind slammers to be exact. I'll call that "average" for the times, and say that they are actually paying into the system. They make nothing.

I will further suggest that they are the majority of the fuckers stupid ignorant immature dedicated enough to buy the other bands' merch and keep the whole show on the road any way. They are also the first to throw stones at harder working bands with more success.
what about the old-school revivalist bands like Dead Congregation and Father Befouled?
I would suggest Justin, that he was speaking in general terms and not looking for band shout-outs. Look, you're into cool shit, good for you. Sometimes, just shut up if you don't have anything to contribute.

Check it out with your mentor. He might just offer you an alternative perspective than settling for anger and shittiness. Think positive! Like me! We can get through anything. you and I...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad