Discovery's Life - holy crap

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: Discovery's Life - holy crap

Post by Necrometer »

Hypnagogia wrote:
riley-o wrote:haha, thanks for the "just put up with it !" pep talk dad but i'd rather wait for a couple of months and not have to listen to someone whose voice sounds like boiling water in my earholes. it's not like we won't experience the show or are boycotting it. if you can put up with her that's great, way to go champ, but if you can't see why people don't want to listen to a cunt whose sole purpose in life is to market herself then you're just being thickheaded.
So they're going to get a new voice over just because a few message board elitists think oprah isn't hip enough?
A deadly combination of arrogance and ignorance!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_(BBC_TV_series)
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Hypnagogia wrote:
riley-o wrote:haha, thanks for the "just put up with it !" pep talk dad but i'd rather wait for a couple of months and not have to listen to someone whose voice sounds like boiling water in my earholes. it's not like we won't experience the show or are boycotting it. if you can put up with her that's great, way to go champ, but if you can't see why people don't want to listen to a cunt whose sole purpose in life is to market herself then you're just being thickheaded.
So they're going to get a new voice over just because a few message board elitists think oprah isn't hip enough?
holy fuck are you stupid. oprah is the new voice over. that's the problem. here, let me post a link that was already posted for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-narrated-Dav ... B002UXRGM0
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I was channel surfin' trying to avoid mrs zero's hated snakes appearing, and found komoto dragons on 2 channels, both bitin' some four legged beasties and injectin' the venom acdc style.

Watched some sea snakes too...sea krates... not sure if that was this life program or another. Wonder who got cameras in those underwater caves hangin' with 204283 x venomous snakes. ??

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO JACK COUSTEAU? :lhug: :rhug:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

bundlesofvitals wrote: Yeah, Oprah sounds like she's talking to retarded kids, but I blocked it out after a few minutes. But I'll definitely be buying the David Attenborough version on blu ray. Check out the reviews - hah!

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Blu-ray-Opra ... B0039UTDFG

http://www.amazon.com/Life-narrated-Dav ... B002UXRGM0
missed this post
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

I know it's safe to assume that you = Ross + You = we - but it still sounds kinda creepy. While I'M at it - why do you think that marketing = lack of skill. Nobody is asking you to consider the phenomenological merit and decision utility of Oprah's role in working with the Discovery channel. If you do that on your own instead of watching alligators eat fish in incredible detail it's you that might be wrong-headed at least.

"...Wish the hell I was your dad. You wouldn't be goin' around talkin' about takin' these stupid shop courses if I was. It's like God gave you something, man, all those stories you can make up. And He said, "This is what we got for ya, kid. Try not to lose it." Kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it, then maybe I should. "
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Mr. Budd wrote:While I'M at it - why do you think that marketing = lack of skill. Nobody is asking you to consider the phenomenological merit and decision utility of Oprah's role in working with the Discovery channel. If you do that on your own instead of watching alligators eat fish in incredible detail it's you that might be wrong-headed at least.
it's all well and good that she was brought in to get people to watch. i'm not even saying they shouldn't have gotten oprah, i fully understand why they got oprah. no one said lack of skill until you did; i don't even know what that would be in reference to. we're talking about personal preference here and my personal preference is never hearing fucking oprah's voice because i think she's a leader in turning people into fucking pussies and i associate her voice with morons who slobber up whatever she's selling. it's fine if you can put up with it. that's great. totally happy for you ! but this words-in-mouth bullshit as a way to try to fucking "win" or whatever is beneath you and seeing you resort to it is embarrassing. so you understand, in plain english: i will watch this. i'm not saying they shouldn't use oprah, i just personally will wait until i can watch it without her. stop being a fucking retard.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Grumpy Monday.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

riley-o wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:While I'M at it - why do you think that marketing = lack of skill. Nobody is asking you to consider the phenomenological merit and decision utility of Oprah's role in working with the Discovery channel. If you do that on your own instead of watching alligators eat fish in incredible detail it's you that might be wrong-headed at least.
it's all well and good that she was brought in to get people to watch. i'm not even saying they shouldn't have gotten oprah, i fully understand why they got oprah. no one said lack of skill until you did; i don't even know what that would be in reference to. we're talking about personal preference here and my personal preference is never hearing fucking oprah's voice because i think she's a leader in turning people into fucking pussies and i associate her voice with morons who slobber up whatever she's selling. it's fine if you can put up with it. that's great. totally happy for you ! but this words-in-mouth bullshit as a way to try to fucking "win" or whatever is beneath you and seeing you resort to it is embarrassing. so you understand, in plain english: i will watch this. i'm not saying they shouldn't use oprah, i just personally will wait until i can watch it without her. stop being a fucking retard.
OK - wait three months and buy it because Oprah objectifies the dumbing down of American TV. That's your (and Ross's) choice. Noboby will make a monkey out of you...you are doing just fine without assistance. If the only way you can judge this show is by comparing it to the UK version that's your choice - but it does seem a little big-babyish.
hard paranormal dong
RIP_GHOST BONER_RIP

Post by hard paranormal dong »

on that wiki it says that fuckn limey is narrarting it in canada, riley. why are you freaking out?
BUNGVOX wrote:anyone who can throw that many maiden titles into a short statement is entitled to do whatever the fuck he wants.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

haha, ok johnny. keep attributing things i'm not saying to me if you have to win so bad.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

hard paranormal dong wrote:on that wiki it says that fuckn limey is narrarting it in canada, riley. why are you freaking out?
i get american discoveryHD.
hard paranormal dong
RIP_GHOST BONER_RIP

Post by hard paranormal dong »

dammit, i thought i just solved a problem
BUNGVOX wrote:anyone who can throw that many maiden titles into a short statement is entitled to do whatever the fuck he wants.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

riley-o wrote:haha, ok johnny. keep attributing things i'm not saying to me if you have to win so bad.
You can't win at Life.
Glass Asshole
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Glass Asshole »

hard paranormal dong wrote:dammit, i thought i just solved a problem
You would have if Riley wasn't such a traitor to his country.
"God used me as hammer boys, to beat his weary drum today"

In Gorguts we trust.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Glass Asshole wrote:
hard paranormal dong wrote:dammit, i thought i just solved a problem
You would have if Riley wasn't such a traitor to his country.
He hates Oprah more than he loves Canaduh.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

are you still grumpy because i didn't think sunrise was the best movie of all time ? it's okay big guy. i have enough love in my heart for both you and ross, even though you think oprah is awesome.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

R. M. Lozano wrote:are you still grumpy because i didn't think sunrise was the best movie of all time ? it's okay big guy. i have enough love in my heart for both you and ross, even though you think oprah is awesome.

Sunrise rules.

By R. M. Lozano "texasmountains" (Lockhart, Texas - Home of the Best BBQ in Texas!) - See all my reviews

"The mere fact that this version is narrated by Oprah is reason enough for me to steer way clear of it and advise others to do likewise. Given that this is a woman who 1) supports Obama's agenda just because he's black, 2) actually believed "an Inconvenient Truth," and 3) has more or less forgone Christianity and crafted her own wacky religion with herself as the center, thanks but no thanks - I'll still with David Attenborough! "
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

it was a good movie ! 8/10 is a good score, there were just parts that were goofy and YOU CAN'T EQUATE ME TO SOME RACIST CHRISTIAN BECAUSE I HATE OPRAH
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I want to see the reaction of alternate universe Budd who didn't somehow not realize he was listening to Oprah...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Riley: when he's not murdering a coworker's cat he's on the internet murdering people's dreams.
Crowbar
Hetero as hell...

Post by Crowbar »

In for David Attenborough appreciation. Most soothing voice there is.
Crowbar
Hetero as hell...

Post by Crowbar »

Crowbar wrote:In for David Attenborough appreciation. Most soothing voice there is.
Wait, apart from Bob Ross'.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Sir Walter RaleighNecrometer wrote:I want to see the reaction of alternate universe Budd who didn't somehow not realize he was listening to Oprah...
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

Watched 2 parts of this yesterday. Oprah's got some odd pronounciation choices for a couple words here and there ("eh-ko-system"? nu-speak type waiz?)
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
.X.
Natural Philosophy of Love

Post by .X. »

currently downloading w/ david attenborough. anything with him gets my seal of approval. of course planet earth and blue planet are cool, but if you haven't seen the life of birds, the life of mammals, life in cold blood, and life in the undergrowth, you're missing out.