I went to a Harvard bar last night

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored, Esq.

Re: I went to a Harvard bar last night

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Pisscubes wrote:but has a HUGE fucking beer selection.
Yeah, but the thing is when you find the beers you enjoy or which work for you one just has to find the right dive that serves those. I go into bars all the time that serve 1000 beers I'll never drink. When I lived in Denton and was a beer n00b I really loved Newcastle. I found this place completely by accident that served only domestics AND for some reason Newcastle. No one there ever ordered it...so I could sit there in my booth and hang out with people who weren't yuppie assholes and still enjoy a good beer...but this was 14 years ago.

I fucking hate yuppie bars and I almost always end up getting in a fight with some trust fund entitled asshole in them...I have the misfortune of liking expensive beer.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Geeheeb wrote:I fucking hate the bars around here after 4:00pm, I can't imagine how fucking much I would hate an ivy league bar.
Trivia bowl? Name the parts of a yacht?
Name that fork.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Bored, Esq. wrote:misfortune of liking expensive beer.
DOES NOT COMPUTE
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Geeheeb wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:misfortune of liking expensive beer.
DOES NOT COMPUTE
I KNOW!
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

samual adams perhaps you've heard of him?
kale
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Pisscubes wrote: For a huge company, it's not terrible. I mean, not all of it is.
:tdown:
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

eh_d wrote:
altars of radness wrote: there were literally two different faces at this horseshit place: the female one, a chinless, nosy moleface which looks like someone tried to scrunch it into a ponytail; and the male one, which looks like Abercrombie's cock just after it was pulled out of Fitch's mouth.
altars of radness wrote: Went to a frat party too, which would have been a total sausage fest if any of the guys there weren't totally dickless.
altars of radness wrote: I haven't seen so many retards singing Black Eyed Peas since...well, since the last time I heard Black Eyed Peas.
altars of radness wrote: I went over to Harvard to meet a couple friends and a couple of their friends came down. One of them is apparently a fucktard of some description because she suggested the karaoke place/yacht club/bitch factory.
i quoted these for emphasis butt these are totally jofa worthy quotes
:drool: :drool: :drool:
ImageImageImage

(/)_-)

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
(/)_-)
Zerohero wrote: i remember when Cave paPpY sent me some wooden MP1's

http://www.killthatcat.com
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

I went on the brewery tour. Seemed legit to me.
kale
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

neckbeard wrote:samual adams perhaps you've heard of him?
The good beers they make are overpriced, and the boston lager sucks.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Geeheeb wrote:
neckbeard wrote:samual adams perhaps you've heard of him?
The good beers they make are overpriced, and the boston lager sucks.
But they have beards, dude. You can't get any more authentic or rebellious.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Pisscubes wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
Pisscubes wrote: For a huge company, it's not terrible. I mean, not all of it is.
Often when I go to a bar with a shitty selection (you know, those places that SHITTY beer but not CHEAP beer?), the Sam seasonal is the only thing I'm happy with.* Then again, it's brewed right here and the bars get it super fresh.

*Does not include Sam winter which can go get fucked.
Nice try.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

I'm with 'cubes on both Sunset Grill and the Publick House. The latter is pretty expensive and serves mostly Belgian and Belgian-style ales, but if that's your thing then you'll be pleased.

I don't know Allston that well because I never hang out down there, for bars or otherwise. But Sunset serves expensive stuff, cheap stuff, whatever, and they typically have a decent local selection. Not sure about food selections for a vegan, but Comm Ave. is littered with little restaurants of many varieties and it's just a short hop from the part of Allston I'm guessing you'll be in.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Grasshopper is a gluten gut bomb! Our bass player loves that place but I don't really dig Asian food that isn't insanely hot.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Pisscubes wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
Often when I go to a bar with a shitty selection (you know, those places that SHITTY beer but not CHEAP beer?), the Sam seasonal is the only thing I'm happy with.* Then again, it's brewed right here and the bars get it super fresh.

*Does not include Sam winter which can go get fucked.
Nice try.
:?
Name that obscure Kennedy.

NAME THIS CHOWDER VARIANT.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

I think I went there but I don't remember it. What's the place that isn't vegan but very friendly and has tons of beer, and there's a mezzanine with tables? It was on the edge of an area with lots of retail shops.
kale
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Bored, Esq. wrote:Name that obscure Kennedy.

NAME THIS CHOWDER VARIANT.
What color dress did Grace Kennedy Allen wear at her debutante ball?
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Name streets on Martha's Vineyard.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

Pisscubes wrote:
neckbeard wrote:I think I went there but I don't remember it. What's the place that isn't vegan but very friendly and has tons of beer, and there's a mezzanine with tables? It was on the edge of an area with lots of retail shops.
Do you remember what section of town you were in? Downtown? South End? North End? Allston? Cambridge? Somerville? Brookline?
I asked my sweetie. She says Other Side Cafe. But now that I think of it, I might not have been too strict about my veganism when I went there. And it's definitely not a co-op. And I don't remember the food, just that we went there more than once. It did have some micro-brews though. Sorry for thread derailment, k. I also saw a poloraid of DOAD up in a Spike's.
kale
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

neckbeard wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
neckbeard wrote:I think I went there but I don't remember it. What's the place that isn't vegan but very friendly and has tons of beer, and there's a mezzanine with tables? It was on the edge of an area with lots of retail shops.
Do you remember what section of town you were in? Downtown? South End? North End? Allston? Cambridge? Somerville? Brookline?
I asked my sweetie. She says Other Side Cafe. But now that I think of it, I might not have been too strict about my veganism when I went there. And it's definitely not a co-op. And I don't remember the food, just that we went there more than once. It did have some micro-brews though. Sorry for thread derailment, k. I also saw a poloraid of DOAD up in a Spike's.
I fucking love the Other Side Cafe. Good chili, good burritos, good chips and salsa, great beer selection, great breakfast stuff, definitely vegetarian friendly... i think they have some vegan stuff too.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Pisscubes wrote:You should have gone to Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Square. It's not that their aren't douche bags who go there of all kinds, but the upstairs has a jukebox with old country, 70s and 80s punk, Sabbath, Slayer and a bunch of other stuff. Decent beer selection cheap double cheeseburgers, lobster rolls, and other good bar food. When it's warm they have a beer garden outside too.
That sounds alright. Shit, I didn't realize that half of the good posters live here.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Pisscubes wrote:
Two Dutch brothers own the place and they only hire chicks outside of the kitchen. They know what they're doing.
Yop and Paul. Really nice guys.