I expect far, far better Photoshops from you mens soon

Music posts are a bannable offense.
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Re: I expect far, far better Photoshops from you mens soon

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

can't see the image. my browser is fucked.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

:moreawesome: :moreawesome: :moreawesome:
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Pisscubes wrote:People are shouting hoax already.
Same people who love Lady Gaga?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

Necrometer wrote:I hear you, but the "result" we saw was in pretty low-res i.e. it could look shittier than your explanation seems to assume.
If you do a couple Google searches, you'll see some close-ups of the results and show that they're not a true holy grail, but it's damn fucking close and hardly diminishes the value. All you have to do is touch up in a couple seconds. It's just a lot faster now and it requires almost zero skill or knowledge.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

HOLY FUCK. DUDE. AWESOME.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Gookstorm wrote:
Necrometer wrote:I hear you, but the "result" we saw was in pretty low-res i.e. it could look shittier than your explanation seems to assume.
If you do a couple Google searches, you'll see some close-ups of the results and show that they're not a true holy grail, but it's damn fucking close and hardly diminishes the value. All you have to do is touch up in a couple seconds. It's just a lot faster now and it requires almost zero skill or knowledge.
I investigated some more and I'll continue to hold my emoticons... it's basically just pattern recognition + stamp tool. It's not like it's creating new information. I don't know shit about programming but maybe I am jaded by all the shit that I have seen SCIENCE software do. I am indeed glad to see software finally doing something that can take advantage of today's overfast computers which typically do nothing but stream videos and send email.
hana maru
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by hana maru »

me watching that video: :shock: HOLY SHIT (repeat over and over)

maybe this is just the next step or something, i don't know, highest photoshop i've used is 6.0.

to me, that new stuff is MAGIC.
i can't see your signature.
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

Necrometer wrote:it's basically just pattern recognition + stamp tool. It's not like it's creating new information.
The depth of the pattern recognition is what separates easy to do AI / signal processing shit and really goddamn hard. No different than IQ tests that have you finish the number sequence - the ones at the end are obviously a lot different than the first two. A big part of the challenges of modern computing is how the fuck to do pattern recognition like how people do and how to do it with hardware that's a minuscule fraction as powerful (as quantified by information theory fundamentals) as our own brains. Almost everything written like this is a sort of compromised shortcut, sort of like how most video games take many shortcuts to achieve decent frame rates.
Necrometer wrote:I don't know shit about programming but maybe I am jaded by all the shit that I have seen SCIENCE software do. I am indeed glad to see software finally doing something that can take advantage of today's overfast computers which typically do nothing but stream videos and send email.
These two sentences conflict. The very place where computers do something completely different from streaming videos and sending messages is either in IT (that unfortunately supports the backend of video streams and messages in the end) or high-end scientific (or more often, financial - very similar theory needed to predict the stock market and the goddamn weather) applications.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Gookstorm wrote:
Necrometer wrote:I don't know shit about programming but maybe I am jaded by all the shit that I have seen SCIENCE software do. I am indeed glad to see software finally doing something that can take advantage of today's overfast computers which typically do nothing but stream videos and send email.
These two sentences conflict. The very place where computers do something completely different from streaming videos and sending messages is either in IT (that unfortunately supports the backend of video streams and messages in the end) or high-end scientific (or more often, financial - very similar theory needed to predict the stock market and the goddamn weather) applications.
I was sort of commenting on the observation of the home PC getting more and more and more powerful and the software not taking advantage of it. Photoshop isn't really your entry level software, but plenty of people treat it as such. This comment was not meant to be tied to the science shit: I am well aware that there are many applications out there that max the fuck out of tons of systems to the point that even using a supercomputer you're looking at days of processing.

As for your first comment... yeah it's keen that they've got computers doing pattern recognition the way humans do, but like I said, I've already been exposed to computers doing really impressive voice recognition for some years now so I guess that's just the world we're in. They're also just showing you the cases that work - I bet you could break it pretty easily the same way someone with an accent blows the voice recognition. I want to see it pattern fill on a spiral or fractal or something
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:what:
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

chimcham wrote:my wife is a portrait/wedding photographer and is over the moon about this.
My girlfriend does the same thing, and I don't think she knows about this. Looks like I'll have a fun surprise for her.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Hahaha... I was trying to coax you into providing a link to support your claims. As usual, I'll have to do without.

Speaking of Gaga - I listened to her first album start to finish for the first time this week - it's pretty unlistenable! I still think album #2 is solid, and if #3 is good you can all blow me! Goatus first!
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

Necrometer wrote:
Speaking of Gaga...
Don't do it.

Word on the street is its coming out for CS5 :)

its called patch based synthesis.

Patch-based texture synthesis creates a new texture by copying and stitching together textures at various offsets. "Image Quilting." SIGGRAPH 2003 are the best known patch-based texture synthesis algorithms. These algorithms tend to be more effective and faster than pixel-based texture synthesis methods.

Doesn't seem to be a hoax.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Pisscubes wrote:Sadly, I can not link you to conversations I've had with people here at work! :awesome:
Only the internet is real...
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

eyehatethehumanrace wrote:can't see the image. my browser is fucked.
ask your mentor if he can take a look at your browser.
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

soiled depends wrote:
eyehatethehumanrace wrote:can't see the image. my browser is fucked.
ask your mentor if he can take a look at your browser.
hahaha I think they call them chaperons or tard guards.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

http://o3.tumblr.com/post/470608946/pho ... believable

I am sure Photoshop will do it in a more user friendly way.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

I got about 45 seconds into that video before it was so boring I couldn't stand it.
Haha,
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

The Torsion wrote:I got about 45 seconds into that video before it was so boring I couldn't stand it.
The demo starts with some small pieces, so if you're short on time, jump to about the 2:50 mark (halfway point) for the more impressive stuff.
Reading is a bitch.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Krieg wrote:
Reading is a bitch.
That, and I just can't bring myself to be interested in Photoshop.
Haha,
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Let Us Help You wrote:Next they should invent a needle that pokes you in the eye when you start plosiving into the mic.
:moreawesome: :moreawesome: :moreawesome:
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road