Moments That Made You Realzie Your Job Sucks

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Re: Moments That Made You Realzie Your Job Sucks

Post by Ghost Dad »

Pisscubes wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I once worked for an alcoholic compulsive gambler as a house painter. I needed some more putty and went to the van one hot July day. I found him in there squatting on a 20 gallon bucket, shitting. He called me a faggot and threw a hammer at me. It was then I realized how much this job sucked.
This may be the funniest anecdote I've ever read, ever.

For my old job at UPS: it was when I was first yelled at by my boss to try to convince a bunch of pissed off hourly workers to work faster, despite the fact that they have absolutely no incentive to...that and I couldn't punish them for working slowly.

For this job, it was my first patient with dementia. Old dude who shouldn't have been out of bed, walking around naked, pissing everywhere, bleed from a pulled-out IV, and just as I run over to grab him, he falls and just wrecks himself. He died a few days later (not from the fall, from a sucky heart).
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

I've had so many shitty jobs, and just as many times I realized my job sucked.

I too, Mr. Pisscubes, painted houses. I used to let my boss drive my truck to bid jobs and pick up supplies so he could leave the work van at the job. Well, one day, I'm sitting at home at like 6:00pm, and the cops show up to my house. They are investigating an incident that was reported earlier that day about someone (who was driving the truck registered to me) trashing a gas station. I, of course, had no idea what the fuck they were talking about and asked them to give me the details. I guess he was filling my truck up (which was one of the reasons I let him drive it) and the price changed while he was pumping it. He went inside and got all pissed off at the guy and told him to fix the price blah, blah, blah... There was nothing the dude could to about it, so my boss went around the store fucking knocking shit all over the place yelling about how he was going to come back and fuck the guy up or something. So he storms out of the store and takes off, but not before dude takes down the plate on the car. So I have to explain to the cops how he was driving my truck, and give them my bosses address so they can go harass him about it.

That's when I realized that that particular job sucked.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

Not sleeping for 2-3 days every few weeks, 4 am conference calls, (indirectly) being on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars in deals, 40-100 hour weeks. Bringing in $1.5 million but getting maybe $1k of that as part of an annual bonus. 10% paycut and most of your benefits extinguished when your salary already was in the bottom 25 percentile for your job and experience level nationwide... and you're living in a high-cost area.

It's one thing to get a menial job because you expect it to suck and be treated like dirt, but I got a white collar job that made lots of old white farts really rich (should have had some leverage that is), was told repeatedly "oh no, we're not so bad," and was treated pretty much exactly like how Walmart treats its employees.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
Hotchka!
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Hotchka! »

payday
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Gookstorm wrote:Not sleeping for 2-3 days every few weeks, 4 am conference calls, (indirectly) being on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars in deals, 40-100 hour weeks. Bringing in $1.5 million but getting maybe $1k of that as part of an annual bonus. 10% paycut and most of your benefits extinguished when your salary already was in the bottom 25 percentile for your job and experience level nationwide... and you're living in a high-cost area.

It's one thing to get a menial job because you expect it to suck and be treated like dirt, but I got a white collar job that made lots of old white farts really rich (should have had some leverage that is), was told repeatedly "oh no, we're not so bad," and was treated pretty much exactly like how Walmart treats its employees.
White collar exploitation. 1st world irony!
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

When I worked in a kitchen and realized that everyone on that shift with me was either an illegal immigrant or had been in prison.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Mooretician
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Mooretician »

Gookstorm wrote:Not sleeping for 2-3 days every few weeks, 4 am conference calls, (indirectly) being on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars in deals, 40-100 hour weeks. Bringing in $1.5 million but getting maybe $1k of that as part of an annual bonus. 10% paycut and most of your benefits extinguished when your salary already was in the bottom 25 percentile for your job and experience level nationwide... and you're living in a high-cost area.

Jesus, I could have made this exact same post. :lhug:
copstache wrote:on a positive note, i hope if i get old and encrippled my nurses come and put on Judeobeast Assassin and watch my horrible atrophied limbs twitch in some mess of neurons flickering and dying
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

get unionized.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

Every job I've had has sucked, I think I realized my current one sucked when I saw my work partner eating a floppy looking sandwich with a blank look on his face, his mouth was rapidly chewing and mayo and shit was flying all over the goddamn place, he looked like a stupid fucking dog. Just watching some dumb fuck haphazardly eat a sandwich let me know
Hotelfire
Corporate Death

Post by Hotelfire »

...Being told I'd be making $15,000 a year and would be getting paid once a month while working at Earache.
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

Hypnagogia wrote:get unionized.
No, because then I'd be supporting sadsack programmers that can't tell the difference between a signed and an unsigned integer. Fuck them, they've indirectly ruined so many things I see little use in them sticking around. Go sell real estate or something, just stay the fuck away from a computer.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

Mooretician wrote:

Jesus, I could have made this exact same post. :lhug:
2nd world problems.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

I had a "fuck you, I quit"-moment when I took on a job in my teens delivering papers. I got hired over the phone and had to get up at the asscrack of dawn and get a stack of papers along with a list of names and addresses to deliver them to. The job paid you per paper delivered, not by the hour, so at the end of the route I calculated that I'd be making 60% less than minimum wage. I called the guy who hired me and told him I wouldn't do the job unless I got paid more, but he said he couldn't. I told him that he was exploiting underage workers, and that I was entitled to minimum wage. He came up with some more bullshit excuses to justify paying minors fuck all to do a physically demanding job at an inconvenient hour, so I told him I quit. He then told me I had to give three weeks notice, and that he needed time to find a replacement so I couldn't quit, so I said "That's not my problem, I never signed a contract agreeing to that, so fuck you" and hung up. Our house was on my route and we got a paper the next day so he was obviously just a lying sack of shit. When I got the paycheck for the one day I worked, I received minimum wage for the hours I worked.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

electronicham wrote:My moment came from the first night in Basic Training when I cried myself to sleep.....
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

I went for training for a promotion. Three staff went, and there were two positions to fill. When it came to the trial at the end of the training, I did half of the work by myself while the other two worked together on the other half of the work and had to ask me what they should be doing and where things should go. They got the promotions instead of me. No, it wasn't because they worked together and therefore displayed teamwork qualities.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:I went for training for a promotion. Three staff went, and there were two positions to fill. When it came to the trial at the end of the training, I did half of the work by myself while the other two worked together on the other half of the work and had to ask me what they should be doing and where things should go. They got the promotions instead of me. No, it wasn't because they worked together and therefore displayed teamwork qualities.
But was it because they could tell you were a basement dweller incapable of working in a team, and their paltry team skills was enough to put them over the top?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

Hypnagogia wrote:
Broken Into Pieces wrote:I went for training for a promotion. Three staff went, and there were two positions to fill. When it came to the trial at the end of the training, I did half of the work by myself while the other two worked together on the other half of the work and had to ask me what they should be doing and where things should go. They got the promotions instead of me. No, it wasn't because they worked together and therefore displayed teamwork qualities.
But was it because they could tell you were a basement dweller incapable of working in a team, and their paltry team skills was enough to put them over the top?
I've never even lived in a house with a basement, let alone in the basement itself :(

Seriously, the particular task we were performing, on the job, is expected to be able to be completed by one person alone.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

thread rules, for realzie

I'd contribute, but...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

How Are Mortiis Goatse?! wrote:I had a "fuck you, I quit"-moment when I took on a job in my teens delivering papers. I got hired over the phone and had to get up at the asscrack of dawn and get a stack of papers along with a list of names and addresses to deliver them to. The job paid you per paper delivered, not by the hour, so at the end of the route I calculated that I'd be making 60% less than minimum wage. I called the guy who hired me and told him I wouldn't do the job unless I got paid more, but he said he couldn't. I told him that he was exploiting underage workers, and that I was entitled to minimum wage. He came up with some more bullshit excuses to justify paying minors fuck all to do a physically demanding job at an inconvenient hour, so I told him I quit. He then told me I had to give three weeks notice, and that he needed time to find a replacement so I couldn't quit, so I said "That's not my problem, I never signed a contract agreeing to that, so fuck you" and hung up. Our house was on my route and we got a paper the next day so he was obviously just a lying sack of shit. When I got the paycheck for the one day I worked, I received minimum wage for the hours I worked.

you little fucking bitch. who complains about a paper route and expects to get minimum wage doing it as a young teenager? honestly, man
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

Natas wrote:you little fucking bitch. who complains about a paper route and expects to get minimum wage doing it as a young teenager? honestly, man
I did, because I didn't think it was worth my time to get an hour's pay for three hours of work.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

The boss just hired a vegan...
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

First job: Burger King. Waking up from a full night of partying to discover that I forgot to wash my grease-clogged, smelly uniform, I slept in the cat's bed (it seemed funny the night before) with my contacts in and now my eyes were filled with fake cataracts and feline hair and as I eased my God-sized hangover into my mud-crusted walking shoes and WALKED to work some asshole on his way home from another all-nighter threw a beer bottle at me and hit me in the head. I went in, vomited all over the dining room floor, laughed at an old lady clutching her chest through tears and bile, and when handed a broom by my manager I grabbed it, pretended I was a witch, and rode it out the front door. Never went back.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Bored, Esq. wrote: I went in, vomited all over the dining room floor, laughed at an old lady clutching her chest through tears and bile, and when handed a broom by my manager I grabbed it, pretended I was a witch, and rode it out the front door. Never went back.
Actually, that sounds like a pretty awesome teenage experience.
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance

Post by Pyrite Medal of Ignorance »

my boss called me a retard, touched my butt (accidentally), and told me he loves me today. ungh. in retalitation i made all of the female staff strawberry margaritas and we drank them on the clock.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Streven Adler wrote:hey, skyclad. "by" =/= "buy"

No shit? I never knew that. It wouldn't be something as simple as not pressing the "U" key hard enough to register? Are you bi?