thank you, this was WIOT for sure

:cheers:
Zerohero wrote: i remember when Cave paPpY sent me some wooden MP1's

http://www.killthatcat.com
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Moments That Made You Realzie Your Job Sucks

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

I worked in a bar when I was 18 and got dragged into the disabled toilet by a fat lass and she tried to molest me
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Pisscubes wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:I worked in a bar when I was 18 and got dragged into the disabled toilet by a fat lass and she tried to molest me
Hmm. I think it would have to be a fat DUDE to really qualify, man. :awesome:
she looked like a mess, Lovercraftian weirdness
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Vanessa America
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Vanessa America »

Pisscubes wrote:I once worked for an alcoholic compulsive gambler as a house painter. I needed some more putty and went to the van one hot July day. I found him in there squatting on a 20 gallon bucket, shitting. He called me a faggot and threw a hammer at me. It was then I realized how much this job sucked.
:moreawesome: :moreawesome:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:fuck you, you ginger whore.
http://domestigrind.bandcamp.com/
http://www.facebook.com/catbombnyc
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Vanessa America wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:I once worked for an alcoholic compulsive gambler as a house painter. I needed some more putty and went to the van one hot July day. I found him in there squatting on a 20 gallon bucket, shitting. He called me a faggot and threw a hammer at me. It was then I realized how much this job sucked.
:moreawesome: :moreawesome:

HORSEFAGGOT! :awesome:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i worked at a gas station where shortages came out of your pocket. a guy in the "introduction to domo for new employees" process pointed out that it was totally illegal and the woman doing the thing said "no it isn't, because employees have to sign an agreement waiving that right. and if you don't want to sign it, well you don't have to work here." i actually did have to work there so i could afford to eat, so... fuck.

they were constantly short-staffed and would constantly be "giving the opportunity to make time and a half" if after your shift you would go and work another shift across town. one night i did this (the second shift was 10pm to 6am, and overnights were just sitting and reading a book and hoping no one showed up and pulled a knife on you), then the next day i got to work to a notice on the wall that i was $100 short on the till, which meant i had just worked a double shift for free. i knew for sure that i wasn't short the money and the guy who had left the notice (my manager) had probably pocketed it. i told him there was no way i was short that money and he said "well where is it then ??" and i said "you tell me !" he just smirked and said, "no idea man !"

i got him fired for racial slurs and then quit.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

One of my buddy's hit some hard times and got a job last ear working in an Italian restaurant. his boss is always late paying his employees due to a cocaine habit (even though he's a huge die-hard Christian), he makes the employees by everything they would use working in a restaurant, down to them even having to by their own gloves, and during last Summer his boss asked him once a week to bring his lawn mower to work with his so he could mow the lawn around the restaurant while he was on the clock. I said "Well, how long does it take you to mow that shit?" "About a half hour", he said. I wouldn't fucking do it. Cheap bastard would rather pay him 4-5 bucks to mow the lawn than pay a company to come in an do it.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Oh shit I did door to door sales selling memberships to a fucking bowling alley, it was my trial day and after and hour we knocked on a door and a metal dood i know opened the door looking brutally hungover, listened to the pitch, looked at me and said 'what the fuck is this shit', i apologised and walked off from my 'co-worker'
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
triple clutcher v2.5b
This drum machine utterly confounds me.

Post by triple clutcher v2.5b »

when I moved back to Syracuse, I was working in the deli with a bunch of crotchety old broads whose product knowledge stopped after knowing the difference between ham and turkey. This was made more irritating by the fact that we had started carrying some specialty sausages that no one ever bothered to learn about (as in, I had to remind my boss more than once that the andouille sausage was spicy). So one day I got to watch an argument break out between two of my co-workers who were dead certain that we didn't carry smoked sausage, and a retarded woman who still managed to read the sign in the case that said "Smoked German Sausage".
triple clutcher v2.5b
This drum machine utterly confounds me.

Post by triple clutcher v2.5b »

I never actually ended up at the job, but at one point when I needed money I went down to a temp agency and was hired to do janitorial work. I figured it wouldn't be terrible, so I show up the next day for orientation, when I'm told that not only would I be making $5.75/hr. (or whatever minimum wage was at the time), but I'd be paying $4 a night for parking as well as having some kind of 'monthly supply expense' taken out of my check. And no headphones allowed. Oh, and remember how we said we'll let you know when you'll start, probably next week? Yeah, your first shift is in an hour.

At that moment I realized that for the first time in history wearing sandals in a non-beach setting was a good thing, and told them I should go home to change into more suitable footwear. They agreed and I never bothered coming back.
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

Pisscubes wrote:
TheDOAD wrote:Yeah I did door to door fundraising once. It sucked. Halfway through the first day i quit.

also i;ve told this before I thin but I was really broke and I lived next to a fuddruckers. They were hiring and paid me like 11$ an hour to cook so I took the job. I was like 21 and still at school. My "GM" was literally from the "used to be gangsters, now we give them jobs program" and had no fucking idea what she was doing. She hired her friends friend to be the manager. This was a 16 year old fat mexican girl and Was her first job ever. We worked a lot of opposite shifts so It didnt bug me too much, I just needed money and though she was the manager She made less than me because at that point i had 6 years of cooking experience.

One night after working a double I had to go by like 10, which meant that the last 2 people would have to do most of the cleaning, but I couldn't get paid any more overtime so my boss was on my ass to leave. I had just pulled all the sauces / toppings etc out of the Fridge and there were like 45 containers on a 3x2 hotel pan which we then covered and put into the walk in for the next day. Well I'm walking to clock out and fat mexican cunt drops the whole thing
then gets in my face screaming about how it was my fault and I needed to clean it. I told her to fuck off and told Ghetoo Bitch that I fucking quit. Fuck that place.
They kept calling me back in also. Fucking Losers.
Man, I'm jealous that I've never had one of those "Fuck you, I quit moments".

I have one but it's far from spectacular. At my HS job my boss refused to give me my dinner break so I worked my shift and at the end of it I threw my work shirt at him and said "Fuck you, I quit". I worked there exactly 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day when I quit. Funny thing is that I trained everyone in that store, including some of the assistant managers, and that store was named store of the year for 1999 for the entire country. They flew my manager out to Vegas and everything to give him an award. I quit and the next day 4 people also quit cause I wasn't working there anymore, haha. I didn't even know until I came in to get my paycheck the next week. Shortly after the manager was fired and the store went to shit.
Repeater
DO THE DEW!

Post by Repeater »

Today I came in at noon as per my schedule and I'm supposed to leave at 8:30, BUT we only have 2 other people here to close down the department and neither of them have enough knowledge to handle the department after I leave, meaning that at this point I pretty much have to stay until close or have a really shitty looking department to walk into tomorrow. I liked it better when I was making the schedules.
The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

Check out The MPLS Henrys!
Artie Partie
Temple of the Morning Star

Post by Artie Partie »

funny story... I worked at a mcdonalds for a summer once. lol it was awful... dunno how people do those jobs for years on end. anyways so Im ringing out this old man and he gets pissed that his chicken nugget box was missing one. dumb ass wuz yelling about it and calling us assholes then opens the box and starts throwing them at me and everybody else behind the register. at first Im laughin at how crazy it is but then when one bounced off my head I just lost it. I grabbed the tray off the counter and used it as a shield against the last nugget that was thrown then I busted the dude over the head withit and he collapsed right down. the cops showed up and watched the footage we had of it on camera. at first I thought I was fucked but turns out the old dude was a problem in the area and the cops just laughed bout what I did. they carted the old dude away and I got off clean. problem was my manager was still pissed about what I did and wanted to write me up but I just quit... after that night I couldnt do that job again.

craziness man LOL... glad that part of my life is over.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

I'll say this: at one point Dave the Junky was my best cook. he lived a mile or two up the road so one of us would pick him up. then we eventually got some good help in and one day i told Dave we wouldn't pick him up anymore so that was it.

Well before that during my first year i was in the process of turning over the whole crew and firing people who called off with any frequency. the low point was a saturday night with a brand new 16 yo cook during her 1st week at her first job ever, and one waitress. well the waitress walks out with the dining room half full so i wait tables and everytime i leave the dining room i yell back step by step instructions on how to make everything( i gave away tons of meals & discounts as a result - fuck it, wasnt outta my pocket). she became one of the best people i ever hired and we became the busiest store in the franchise by far, got a million dollar remodel, state of the art computer system and all the good shit no other stores got. but then we became so busy you'd still have days of being shorthanded, showing up for night shift and knowing you were in deep shit, cause it was gonna get busier than all fuck all at once.

i wasnt happy with things after about 5-7 years of this and being the top dog then getting fucked out of bonuses by having them change the criteria after i made one every month, then got little or nothing for a raise. we delivered to almost the entire city and had a massive carryout business and great eat in business, doing way more than any other manager at the slow stores who didnt do all 3. had its perks though like the general challenge, hiring 16-22 year old girls constantly, and of course, trading pizza for drugs a few days a week (this delivery is in the skyview section - i'd better take it). for a few years i even worked a second job as an assistant chef at a couple cool places and some bartending at a country club, working about 65 hrs on average. so about 4-5 years ago i took a job at my father-in-law's place and was s fucking happy to quit. my boss was a TOTAL COCK, undisputed, so that felt good. no other managers wanted to or could, run the place except my pal Paul who ran the only other delivery store in the city. partly because of this they immediately shut his store down and gave him my job and all the extra work and delivery area. he bailed a year later bc it got even BUSIER and he prolly got nothing in return. to this day my old dickhead boss runs the place and basically got demoted form his supervisor job 8)
Mike Turbo
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Mike Turbo »

When I got laid off.
"Look, there's somewhere you can take us where we can have fun, I'm trying to think of it; we can get drunk and maybe listen to some extremely evil music. Hold on, I'll look it up..." - Ford Prefect
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

When I called in sick one time and was told "Don't bother calling in sick again... we'll just let you go."
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Worked at a theater in downtown Seattle in college. Among many various "had to clean up shit" stories which are gross, but predictable...I had one moment that really sticks out as the #1 reason why working in a ghetto, 16-screen multi-plex in the heart of downtown Seattle might kind of suck.

I walked into the bathroom for hourly cleanup at around 11:30pm at night.
(It had admittedly been several hours since I had bothered to check seeing as it was a slow night and there weren't any movies out that anyone cared about.)
I see a (very) large black man in his mid-sixties sitting on a urinal taking a shit.
(I feel the need to clarify...URINAL as in, not a stall toilet. The ones you walk up to and piss in)
His feet barely touched the floor and he was on his tippy toes while sitting.
He was butt naked except for a top hat like Abe Lincoln (only not as smoke-stacky) and he was only "covered" by the newspaper that he was reading casually. His clothes were piled up neatly on the sink area.

He said something, as I stared at him, though all I saw were lips moving because I think I actually went deaf with confusion for a minute.
I just slowly backed out of the bathroom, quickly shook my head and cringed, and ignored it.

I'm still not entirely sure it happened, to be honest....
Brian P.
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Brian P. »

I had to review 12" pile of medical records for a 60 year old woman, her complete medical history, involving pap smears, urinary tract infections, green mucosy vaginal discharge and vaginal polyps, I realized my job was awesome.
Music is the pleasure the mind gets by counting subconsciously.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Brian P. wrote:I had to review 12" pile of medical records for a 60 year old woman, her complete medical history, involving pap smears, urinary tract infections, green mucosy vaginal discharge and vaginal polyps, I realized my job was awesome.
the other side of being a near-sighted gynecologist.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

ungodlywarlock wrote:Worked at a theater in downtown Seattle in college. Among many various "had to clean up shit" stories which are gross, but predictable...I had one moment that really sticks out as the #1 reason why working in a ghetto, 16-screen multi-plex in the heart of downtown Seattle might kind of suck.

(It had admittedly been several hours since I had bothered to check seeing as it was a slow night and there weren't any movies out that anyone cared about.)
I see a (very) large black man in his mid-sixties sitting on a urinal taking a shit.
(I feel the need to clarify...URINAL as in, not a stall toilet. The ones you walk up to and piss in)
He was butt naked except for a top hat like Abe Lincoln (only not as smoke-stacky) and he was only "covered" by the newspaper that he was reading casually. His clothes were piled up neatly on the sink area.

He said something, as I stared at him, though all I saw were lips moving because I think I actually went deaf with confusion for a minute.
I just slowly backed out of the bathroom, quickly shook my head and cringed, and ignored it.

HAHAHAHA
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

ungodlywarlock wrote:Worked at a theater in downtown Seattle in college. Among many various "had to clean up shit" stories which are gross, but predictable...I had one moment that really sticks out as the #1 reason why working in a ghetto, 16-screen multi-plex in the heart of downtown Seattle might kind of suck.

Well goddamn, that was an entertaining story.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Hypnagogia wrote:

HAHAHAHA
Yeah, Meridian 16, if you are familiar with it.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

TheDOAD wrote:Oh my god ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? YOU HAVE TO WORK LATE SOMETIMES.

WHAT A FUCKING SHITTY JOB.
:moreawesome: :moreawesome: :moreawesome:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

ungodlywarlock wrote: Yeah, Meridian 16, if you are familiar with it.
i am not, but I feel I like I should give it a visit now.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

when i worked in a snobby gourmet store down in soho. we have a policy that if any customer wants to taste or sample anything, they can, all they have to do is ask. we have this huge open olive bar with a glass in front of it, the reason why don't let people pick out of the bar or anything off our table is because its a health code violation.

it was during late November when the incident happened, i was working alone in my dept [closing] while i was still slicing some meats along came this tall goofy white douchebag who reaches over the glass and picks on the olives, a japanese couple saw him do this and thought it was ok, so they followed, i then respectfully confronted them that all they have to do is simply wait for me and ask and i'd be more than happy to serve them. the french looking goofball walked away and the couple stayed on line. Then next thing you know, i have a big ass line formed behind me [it was probably around 7pm, its usually when people do their dinner shopping the most], so im hustling/sweating/slicing like a maniac, none of my managers are nowhere to be found and people are getting impatient. then as i turn around to weight the slices, i see the same douchebag return and pick olives; something in me snapped [there were multiple things that lead to this, no raise, long hours, when i injured knee they didn't let me go back home, etc.] and i just fucking yelled on top of my lungs "FUCK THIS! I DON'T DESERVE THIS SHIT! FUCK THIS JOB!" i storm out taking my jacket and went up to the guy "Why the fuck are you picking on those olives? Didn't I tell you not to do that? That's a health code violation! Some people eat that shit too!" then with this really gay asshole smirk he replies "Why do you care about the other people?" and that's when i walked out of the store.

as i was about to walked down to the subway, i remembered that i didn't get dinner yet and around the block there was this sick spanish joint, so i went there, grabbed beef stew with yellow rice-n-beans. feeling guilty i went in the back of my job to finish my dinner and contemplated if i should go back in and finish my shift. one of my manager [who's actually really cool with me] sees me and walks up to me "so you wanna close up?" "sure, but you know that's my two-weeks notice, right?"

these pictures were taken the day before my last:

this old dude is one of the coolest guys ever and i totally feel sorry for him because the newer management is trying to fire him. i predict that he'll go postal one the higher ups.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Last edited by pooptastik on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.