Jon Hamm as the new Captain America

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored, Esq.

Jon Hamm as the new Captain America

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Would you be able to accept this?

IMO he's a MUCH better choice than all the young idiots they're also looking at. I read an article about this upcoming movie today and it said they're having a lot of trouble with the casting because the Captain America guy not only has to be an American Hero but he has to be able to fit in and hold his own with the actors that are going to be in the Avengers movie.

I think Hamm is a pretty cool choice.

If you don't know who Hamm is:

If he can resist drooling over Christina Hendricks I think fighting a fake skull Jr. Hitler would be child's play...
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Re: Jon Hamm as the new Captain America

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

So a comic book superhearo. which is to say a character which is only acceptable to people who have the mind of children due to the stupidity implicitly in the very idea, is being played by some new up and coming actor in the world of hollywood, a place that intentionally keeps america dumb,is of note? You are a dispicible young marketing students dream. You are a multimillionaires bitch, and may you suffer for it.
Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Thay guy would be a great choice, but I heard they got the flame-on guy from F4 instead...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Necrometer wrote:Thay guy would be a great choice, but I heard they got the flame-on guy from F4 instead...
Yeah, I read what you (or someone else) typed about that before. If it's true...BIG MISTAKE.

Edit: And you don't even watch Mad Men...
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

Necrometer wrote:Thay guy would be a great choice, but I heard they got the flame-on guy from F4 instead...
I saw the same thing on G4.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:So a comic book superhearo. which is to say a character which is only acceptable to people who have the mind of children due to the stupidity implicitly in the very idea, is being played by some new up and coming actor in the world of hollywood, a place that intentionally keeps america dumb,is of note? You are a dispicible young marketing students dream. You are a multimillionaires bitch, and may you suffer for it.
I would make a GREAT marketer, as long as they could keep me on the very edge of suicide through pharmaceuticals. You keep running into problems in life because you think you have morals or integrity. Let it go, my autistic son.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

josh hamm as red skull..
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

fallbacktostone wrote:josh hamm as red skull..
i stand corrected.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

doppleganger...

ImageImage
Last edited by Hypnagogia on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

No you would not. My morals are pretty low and have never caused me career lows. Indeed I can only think of failures to stand up to myself due to my shit hole social skills that fucked me. Never again.
Last edited by VueeeuVueeeeuV on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:No you would not. My morals are pretty low.
Bullshit. BTW, I know you're secretly in love with Torsion...
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

That man is garbage and for taking it upon yourself to give free marketing for a huge company makes you worse than him, he is the bosses bulldog and you are the bosses gimp.

Edit, if you walk into a big advertising house and tell them you are into comic books they would laugh at you for the same reason I laugh at you. A dumbed down medium for children is not something intelligent people celebrate.
Last edited by VueeeuVueeeeuV on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:That man is garbage and for taking it upon yourself to give free marketing for a huge company makes you worse than him, he is the bosses bulldog and you are the bosses gimp.
And you are the boss's pityfuck whose landlady he slips cash to pay the rent so that you don't go back to fucking niggers.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

I don't know how well a solo Cap movie will fair...They should have done the Avengers right from the get-go. :|
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

Your a corporate stooge who is giving free advertising to a multi-BILLION dollar a year company in their condescending little plan to make money off of young people. If you are such a natural marketer you should be getting a paycheck, otherwise your an idiot who unironically follows a worthless form of art(comic books) that has given the world nothing and is fit only for children.

No i cant stop myself. When a person tells me they "like graphic novels" i know I am dealing with a fucking moron who has no issue being condescended to and whos level of discorse has never reached middle school levels. Comics have no place in adult discorse and you can whine about the comic code all you want but its the truth. Comics are dumb shit for gay babies who are so mentally chllgened that a magical man with super powers however they are explained poses "tough questions" about the world. Fuck comics. Fuck their fans and fuck every cent made by them.
Last edited by VueeeuVueeeeuV on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Bored, Esq. wrote:Edit: And you don't even watch Mad Men...
Note that I'm also not subject to spontaneous veganization. Coincidence?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

I have never seen mad men, its nice that they are showing the serfs some of how they think about the world, but its too little far too late. You people have had your humanity stolen and your too dumb to realize it despite the fact that the people who worked out how to turn you into adult children who still read picture books is almost a hundred years old. Comic book movies are made for idiots, if you like them, you are an idiot, so shut up.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

hey advances monkey, did you see Dark Knight?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

hey advances, fbts here from miami, fl

long time listener first time dfasdf

what about WATCHMEN? doesn't THAT somehow not fit into your worldview? is WATCHMEN not a LITERARY WORK on par with MELVILLE and JOYCE?

i;'ll take my answer of the air thankz
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

I saw the dark night, it was a fitting descendant of the 1989 batman film. Neither has anything to say about culture, they are good action movies that gave a decent backdrop to the stunts(that is a sad rarity), but they are not deep movies, they are dumb fun movies that are made to make money.

I have been told watch men is a very important work, I have skimmed through it for no other reason than that. It was a huge fucking comic book that had a great seriousness to it, which is hilarious. It actually tried to connect to the real culture of america and tried to make some points. It did so badly and in a way that would have been the literary equivalent of max barrys "jennifer government" which is to say a bunch of shit I agree with presented in the most lowest common denominator way. I don't see what value a story made for sixth graders has to me if given along with art for people who hate art. Fuck that.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Necrometer wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:Edit: And you don't even watch Mad Men...
Note that I'm also not subject to spontaneous veganization. Coincidence?
I think you and I suffer from the same thinking-too-much disease...which is why we're able to find common ground and not claw each other's eyes out...
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote: I have been told watch men is a very important work
The GN is, the movie is terrible. But important RE: pop culture.
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

you mean the COMIC BOOK is.
Graphic novel is basically the most pretentious term possible. If a comic book has value then it is a good comic book.. None do thus the dishonest phrase "graphic novel."
I dont denegrate myself to view such movies, I skimmed though the comic book a number of times before i retreated to the vastly superior "dykes like us."
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

the acronym GN just made me spit water everywhere
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

VueeeuVueeeeuV wrote:you mean the COMIC BOOK is.
Graphic novel is basically the most pretentious term possible. If a comic book has value then it is a good comic book.. None do thus the dishonest phrase "graphic novel."
I dont denegrate myself to view such movies, I skimmed though the comic book a number of times before i retreated to the vastly superior "dykes like us."
You can't even spell things correctly, you fucking attention whore primadonna. Flee back to the hostel that gave birth to you.