Fuk ov bonus tracks

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Fuk ov bonus tracks

Post by Zerohero »

Is there not a more played out 1991 waste of time than bonus tracks?

In a world of information overload and lack of time, why would I even want to waste my time with stuff NOT good enough to make the cut?

Back in the olde days, we wondered whether when our musical heroes shit on the floor might be gold. Guess what, it's not, and most of the time it went in the toilet for good reason.

Buying a remaster since your 1982 copy of the cassette squeaks makes sense. Buying a remaster from some fruity bullshit song that the band and or producer knew stunk it up is a waste of UR dollarbux.

copy 1. over.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Re: Fuk ov bonus tracks

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Yeah, I can see your point. I can see how since most bonus material is at the end of an album, how it would be really hard to push "Stop" after the proper album is done playing and before the bonus shit comes on.
Last edited by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Schulzerie
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by Charles Schulzerie »

True.

A case where this doesn't play in though are the tracks on the CD that aren't on the vinyl.
noah thirteen wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:I didn't have any tortillas before I took the ambien, Noah. I'm a sharp cookie. I know things.
Just imagine a giant cookie buying tortillas on a shit load of ambien.....
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

agreed.. bonus tracks are A-OK though thrown on an EP of sorts though. Sometimes the do also mess up the continuity of the real album tho
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
Dann O)))
wolves evolve...

Post by Dann O))) »

I'm all for them....but my preference is a bonus disc with all of the extras.
Charles Schulzerie
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by Charles Schulzerie »

Dann O))) wrote:I'm all for them....but my preference is a bonus disc with all of the extras.
DEE VEE DEE VIDJA!
noah thirteen wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:I didn't have any tortillas before I took the ambien, Noah. I'm a sharp cookie. I know things.
Just imagine a giant cookie buying tortillas on a shit load of ambien.....
Kurt
switchin' to glide

Post by Kurt »

Hidden tracks also suck. I hate the ones at the end of the disc more than the ones at the beginning.
monsterod wrote:Any pack running wild on some tranny pussy is the one I'm running with.

*howl*
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I really like it when they tack on demo material to reissues, but other than that...yeah, fuck ovv.
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

B-sides I understand not makin' the cut, but demo tracks and cover songs can be fun on occassion.
triple clutcher v2.5b
This drum machine utterly confounds me.

Post by triple clutcher v2.5b »

Kurt wrote:Hidden tracks also suck. I hate the ones at the end of the disc more than the ones at the beginning.
The only ones that suck are when they're placed after fifteen minutes of silence tacked on to the end of the last 'real' song, and that's only because it means if I want to rip the disc to MP3 I have to manually edit that crap.
Kurt
switchin' to glide

Post by Kurt »

triple clutcher v2.5b wrote:
Kurt wrote:Hidden tracks also suck. I hate the ones at the end of the disc more than the ones at the beginning.
The only ones that suck are when they're placed after fifteen minutes of silence tacked on to the end of the last 'real' song, and that's only because it means if I want to rip the disc to MP3 I have to manually edit that crap.
I agree it's a pain in the ass, especially if you plan on putting said album onto an iPod. All that space (however insignificant it is in comparison to the actual drive size) just seems wasted.
monsterod wrote:Any pack running wild on some tranny pussy is the one I'm running with.

*howl*
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

triple clutcher v2.5b wrote:
hahaha...... :mastoman:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Charles Schulzerie wrote: A case where this doesn't play in though are the tracks on the CD that aren't on the vinyl.
Those are the only ones that really piss me off. If you ask me, this whole "bonus tracks" business started back when they wanted everyone to buy CD players, so they either tacked on extra stuff to the CDs or, like with "War Master", obviously removed one of the best songs in the middle of the album from the vinyl version.

Other than that, I don't see the problem, as long as the bonus stuff is at the end.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.