Do you believe in Obama's xtian faith?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored, Esq.

Do you believe in Obama's xtian faith?

Post by Bored, Esq. »

A lot of my opinion of this guy hinges on this, I'll be honest. I imagine that he pursued it mainly as a smokescreen and that he doesn't have any religious beliefs whatsoever, but...what do you think?

And how long will we have to wait before an openly atheist P gets elected? *sigh*
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Do you believe in Obama's xtian faith?

Post by spacehamster »

Bored, Esq. wrote: And how long will we have to wait before an openly atheist P gets elected? *sigh*
Hahaha. That wouldn't even happen here.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

spacehamster wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote: And how long will we have to wait before an openly atheist P gets elected? *sigh*
Hahaha. That wouldn't even happen here.
:(
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

We're only ahead of the US insofar as that nobody really asks, so at least we don't have atheist politicians that pretend to be christian for the sake of elections, but if somebody openly went around renouncing christianity, I'm guessing they could pretty much kiss their chances of even unimportant political positions goodbye. I don't remember anyone ever doing it, anyway. Our constitution starts with the words "in the name of God the almighty."
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

spacehamster wrote:We're only ahead of the US insofar as that nobody really asks, so at least we don't have atheist politicians that pretend to be christian for the sake of elections, but if somebody openly went around renouncing christianity, I'm guessing they could pretty much kiss their chances of even unimportant political positions goodbye. I don't remember anyone ever doing it, anyway. Our constitution starts with the words "in the name of God the almighty."
Yes.

I'm guessing it'll take at least 100 years for us to reach the point where someone could do this, unless we truly are in a cultural backslide and a return to the medieval era, which I know you believe in...

Well, I suppose enlightenment was fun while it lasted...
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

I've always hoped he just claimed his religion to gain voted from the right. I love have a president who doesn't talk about making decisions based on his one on one discussions with "God". Also love having a President who isn't on the TV 3 times a week telling us all we're going to die by the hands of a terrorist.

Obama can suck my dick for allowing offshore drilling though.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Bored, Esq. wrote:unless we truly are in a cultural backslide and a return to the medieval era, which I know you believe in...
Yep. If anything, this is going to get worse. It already has. Chances of an open atheist having any kind of a political career were clearly higher 15 years ago, if you ask me. Remember, the last big political buzz topic in Switzerland was whether minarets need to be banned because they're a threat to the "christian-occidential values" that our society is obviously, self-evidently built on. And the rest of Europe wasn't exactly rolling their eyes at the idea. It's beyond pathetic.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:I've always hoped he just claimed his religion to gain voted from the right. I love have a president who doesn't talk about making decisions based on his one on one discussions with "God". Also love having a President who isn't on the TV 3 times a week telling us all we're going to die by the hands of a terrorist.

Obama can suck my dick for allowing offshore drilling though.
I saw that Lisa was talking about this yesterday...

Why are you upset about offshore drilling?
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

spacehamster wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:unless we truly are in a cultural backslide and a return to the medieval era, which I know you believe in...
Yep. If anything, this is going to get worse. It already has. Chances of an open atheist having any kind of a political career were clearly higher 15 years ago, if you ask me. Remember, the last big political buzz topic in Switzerland was whether minarets need to be banned because they're a threat to the "christian-occidential values" that our society is obviously, self-evidently built on. And the rest of Europe wasn't exactly rolling their eyes at the idea. It's beyond pathetic.
Yeah. I guess...when Western Civ people look to some kind of value system they can turn to when under assault they simply return to Xtianity. Because of all the postmodern/french theory stuff they no longer have any kind of faith in their own intellectual capacity or values. Ugh.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Thread title can be interpreted in 2 ways. I say no to both.
T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Post by T O))) M »

Omammae's true master:

Hyperbole
Privilege of Evil

Post by Hyperbole »

No, I think he's a fool.
Pip
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Pip »

He's a Muslim terrorist.
Geeheeb wrote:Is that horse circumcised?
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Pip wrote:He's a nigger.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

T O))) M wrote:Omammae's true master:

Hahaha...I'm into the cuddly Cthulhu... :)

From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

Bored, Esq. wrote:I'm into the cuddly Cthulhu... :)

Man, I bet Riley's mom is gonna make those next.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

If she did that would be fantastic. :)

I saw one of those Cthulhu dolls in a record store in Philadelphia and it tickled my buy button. I'll get one soon...
Funeral_Rapist
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by Funeral_Rapist »

Sooner than you think. It's just middle aged/old people that still give a shit about christianity. For the most part, the younger generation doesn't care either way.
John Jr. wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:
YES. ITALIAN AMERICANS
i believe the preferred nomenclature is "lasagna-coons"
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Funeral_Rapist wrote:Sooner than you think. It's just middle aged/old people that still give a shit about christianity. For the most part, the younger generation doesn't care either way.
Are you in touch with the younger generation?
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Funeral_Rapist wrote:Sooner than you think. It's just middle aged/old people that still give a shit about christianity. For the most part, the younger generation doesn't care either way.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Yeah, seriously. They're way more conservative and religious than us. It's actually kind of scary. Some of the kids I teach make my grandparents look like hippies. Of course part of this is just that they're rebelling against their PC fuck parents, but still... ugh.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

I have a feeling that Obama is an Athiest or at least I hope he is. He's a fan of The Wire series and Spider-man comics, so this would only make more sense to me. :) :tup:
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

It certainly seems conveniently played up for his political campaign, but I feel skeptical that it's all just a smokescreen. My guess is he really is religious, but most of his over-devotion is a pitch to voters.
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:It certainly seems conveniently played up for his political campaign, but I feel skeptical that it's all just a smokescreen. My guess is he really is religious, but most of his over-devotion is a pitch to voters.
I would say he is a inverted liberation theologist, but unlike a Catholic priest fighting for social justice justified by his faith, that Obama feels religion/faith to be a useful tool for achieving social justice and thus the justification for playing at faith with either Reverend Wright and the gospel baptist black community or in his occasional, polite yet utterly transparent homages to Christianity or Islam. In general I probably secretly suspect him of being a more or less hardcore atheist more than most fundies do.
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

I like to pretend when he kneels in front of his imaginary god he is holding back the smirk any knowing man has when he thinks of the childish herd who would kill for their daddy in the sky. One of the most shameful aspects of our society is that while a hundred years ago it would be acceptable to openly question the idea of god, now the fundamentalists have ensured that everyone will kowtow to their idiotic faith.
Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!