Negura Bunget - Maiestrit

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Negura Bunget - Maiestrit

Post by Wang Mandu »

Some of you might be interested. It's a rerecording/reimagining of "Maiastru Sfetnic." This is the last piece of NB music with Hupogrammos. That new, false Negura Bunget can eat it.

The End has it up for preorder but it's all over the blogs, too. Prophecy Productions is putting out some limited edition artbook of the album but that joint is nearly 40 Euro bucks. Fuck that.

http://www.theomegaorder.com/NEGURA-BUN ... ory=290824

Edit: Artbook preview http://www.lesdiscrets.com/flipbooks/negurab/
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Re: Negura Bunget - Maiestrit

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Xylophone pagan black metal!
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

$40?! fuck man....
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

I like a lot of their stuff, really complex and interesting, but they've never been a favorite.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

noah thirteen wrote:Am I like the only grimm dude who thinks their records are "good" but not mindblowing?
I'll probably get ripped to shreds for this but I think with their last two albums, 'N Crugu Bradului and Om, they really became a cohesive band and ultimately branched out onto their own path. I love the guitars, varied vocals and folk/traditional Romanian instruments. Normally, I don't care either way about folk music infused with black metal, but some bands use it sparingly and hit that sweet spot of it not overpowering the bm part which is what I look for in the first place. Definitely not grimm but epic, atmospheric, and at times beautiful. I'm a little disappointed we'll never hear a true follow-up album to Om and even more bummed I'll never see them live. The interview on the DVD that came with Om was really interesting to me, although a bit over my head because well, I'm not that smart. Easily one of my favorite bands. They also have great beards.

Pooptastik, yeah that price is ridiculous for something I'll thumb through once, maybe twice. I'm sure it's put together well but waaay too much.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Wang Mandu wrote:but some bands use it sparingly and hit that sweet spot of it not overpowering the bm part
Yep.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

I pretty much agree, Wang. NB truly became a great band with 'N Crugu, and while those earlier albums are good in their own right, I rarely listen to them because what followed is so superior and demands my attention during Negura time. I'll be very much interested to hear the rekajiggered Maiastru, in hopes that the material has been elevated to more recent standards... I'd be shocked and saddened if it hasn't been.

And I'll give the nu Negura a chance eventually, though in my mind they'll be a completely different band, subject to the same withering scrutiny any new band receives.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Toxicarius wrote:And I'll give the nu Negura a chance eventually, though in my mind they'll be a completely different band, subject to the same withering scrutiny any new band receives.
It's getting great reviews so I'll probably cave and give it a few listens.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Completely agree about the last two records, nothing evil or grim there but rather a spirit of pagan majesty that few bands I've heard have really perfected. I'm going to check this new thingy out now--thanks Wang!
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

The mix on their first LP still makes me LOL. Apparently when they went into the studio to record and mix that record no one knew what they were doing at all, even the engineer. It's a great example of underground black metal straining to be heard through utter incompetence in recording, not in playing. But...it's still great outside of that and if they HAD re-recorded it at that time it would be missing that extra element of amateurism that makes it seem sincere and fun.

IMO this band stands alone and not many people outside the group really know how to interpret them or place them in an index of easily-appreciated melodies/messages that can just be scanned in a moment. They were a fantastic group, IMO (fascinating, even going down to their photos, idealism, their artwork, where they lived, etc.) and if they quit now their "status" (I know ug black metal guys care about this) will be cast in stone anyway. Very cool bunch of musicians.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Wang Mandu wrote:Some of you might be interested. It's a rerecording/reimagining of "Maiastru Sfetnic." This is the last piece of NB music with Hupogrammos. That new, false Negura Bunget can eat it.

The End has it up for preorder but it's all over the blogs, too. Prophecy Productions is putting out some limited edition artbook of the album but that joint is nearly 40 Euro bucks. Fuck that.

http://www.theomegaorder.com/NEGURA-BUN ... ory=290824

Edit: Artbook preview http://www.lesdiscrets.com/flipbooks/negurab/
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.