Rate the last series you watched.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:34 am I will just watch YouTube complications of season 1 Donofrio's Kingpin and weepsk
He's a bit too weirdly obsessed with getting her back given that she should just be one of many people he manipulated into working with him, but it's nowhere near as much of a problem as the edgelords are making it out to be. The whole relationship is clearly depicted as being an extension of his narcissism and not that he somehow cares about her. It felt mostly in line with the well-established obsessive relationship he has with his wife.

Plus D'Onofrio just gets better at playing the character every time. He doesn't need to do the voice anymore, he just does the stilted delivery and the constant barely contained rage. I really liked the Kingpin in this show.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Fargo Season 5 - 10/10
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

absolutely agree. without giving away too much the dinner scene was fucking PERFECT
formerly ghost boner
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

It was just as engineered as any Ted Lasso emotional beat but fuck if it didn't hit
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:55 am
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:34 am I will just watch YouTube complications of season 1 Donofrio's Kingpin and weepsk
He's a bit too weirdly obsessed with getting her back given that she should just be one of many people he manipulated into working with him, but it's nowhere near as much of a problem as the edgelords are making it out to be. The whole relationship is clearly depicted as being an extension of his narcissism and not that he somehow cares about her. It felt mostly in line with the well-established obsessive relationship he has with his wife.

Plus D'Onofrio just gets better at playing the character every time. He doesn't need to do the voice anymore, he just does the stilted delivery and the constant barely contained rage. I really liked the Kingpin in this show.
Are you talking about VANESSA??? I completely lost the thread during the Defenders stuff, and I dont think I can bring myself to watch any of the Disney shows

James: I really miss Daredevil but every time I try to watch a new thing it shits in my mouth and laughs at me for being naive
Bullseye: I'm sorry, that sounds really hard *throws spoon at my eye*
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

been vibing with Space 1999 lately

finished the Hammer House of Horrors show last year. It was pretty good but felt much more Amicus than Hammer. Modern age anthology stuff rather than fairy tale victorian horrors. Some episodes were better than others but none were really that great nor really that bad. Just a solid pot boiler I would watch in the room full of kittens I was fostering at the time.

Sick theme tho:
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:51 pm It was just as engineered as any Ted Lasso emotional beat but fuck if it didn't hit
I'd agree with that - the main difference for me is that Fargo earned it. :mrgreen:
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Not necessarily the last scene but when the guy was helping and not being able to get a word in was the funniest thing this show has ever done. Again I'm trying so hard not to give away too much because what I really want to say needs FUCKING SPOILER TAGS GOD DAMMIT BRING EM BACK
formerly ghost boner
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

I have a complaint but also not sure how to type it without spoilers.

It has to do with the black character. It's 2024 get real
Image Certified Poster
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Yall ninjas are making me want to get back into the show. I can skip seasons completely right?

Like just fast forward to s5 and suffer no penalty? I don't have fucking time for tv anymore and 4 seasons is too much
Eight Bit Alien

Whee of the Dead wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:34 am Hammer House of Horrors show last year.
I got into this a few years back - cool shit!! It took me forever to track it down, final step of my insane Hammer binge obsession.

I also watched a bit of this other show, Hammers House of Mystery and Suspense... which was different, but now my idiot brain can't remember which stuff happened in which
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:25 pm Fargo Season 5 - 10/10

Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Jame you can, and should, skip to season 5 without missing anything but DEFINITELY do season 2 at some point. Here's how I rank them worst to best

formerly ghost boner
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

wow season 4 of fargo was your favorite? i stopped after 3, i never watched 4 but it looked so terrible. chris rock has to be one of the worst actors of all time
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

worst to best lol
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

🧐

I have 8 children.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I actually found Jason Schwartzman far more annoying in season 4 than Chris Rock. Even "bad" Fargo is still pretty great.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

theyre all worth a watch but i dont think anyone is putting season 4 very high on the list. its definitely the beyond thunderdome of the bunch
formerly ghost boner
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

ghost boner wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:36 pm theyre all worth a watch but i dont think anyone is putting season 4 very high on the list. its definitely the beyond thunderdome of the bunch
There's some great characters in it

Ben Whishaw, Jessie Buckley, Salvatore Esposito, Gaetano Bruno all crush it. Even with Schwartzman doing his king of the hipsters bullshit all over the place.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

May not have been the best but I think Fargo 4 had its share of A+ moments and that nurse fill pant with meatworm

A bad season of Fargo is better than the best day of fishing and all that
Eight Bit Alien

ghost boner wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:36 pm its definitely the beyond thunderdome of the bunch
Whoever is wiping chicken grease off their fingers, all ready to type "oh you mean the best one?!" immediately STOP your lying whore brain from poisoning god's earth and the beautiful kingdom of truth
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:58 pm Are you talking about VANESSA??? I completely lost the thread during the Defenders stuff, and I dont think I can bring myself to watch any of the Disney shows
Vanessa Fisk is in the comics too, though.

Anyway, my real concern is that they're bringing back the Jon Bernthal Punisher, and there's no way they're not going to fuck it up. Netflix Marvel already kind of did with the second season, and I don't know if I can psychologically bear the disneyfication of Frank Castle, especially after the first season of the Netflix show being what it was, and at least in the top 5 live-action comic book adaptations of all time. It's going to be absolutely heart-breaking, and I'll have to grow a neckbeard and start a Youtube channel where I angrily shout about things trying to conceal the fact that I'm really just sexually frustrated.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

ghost boner wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:01 pm Jame you can, and should, skip to season 5 without missing anything but DEFINITELY do season 2 at some point. Here's how I rank them worst to best

dead ass who the fuck rates from least to best lol
cranial separation

Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:21 am
Whee of the Dead wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:34 am Hammer House of Horrors show last year.
I got into this a few years back - cool shit!! It took me forever to track it down, final step of my insane Hammer binge obsession.

I also watched a bit of this other show, Hammers House of Mystery and Suspense... which was different, but now my idiot brain can't remember which stuff happened in which
Can't wait to find this
cranial separation

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Whee of the Dead wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:15 am
ghost boner wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:01 pm Jame you can, and should, skip to season 5 without missing anything but DEFINITELY do season 2 at some point. Here's how I rank them worst to best

dead ass who the fuck rates from least to best lol
i imagine its the kind of person who asks for the bad news first when theres good and bad news

just get it out of the way

I have 8 children.