scavenger reign

good tv run for me lately imo
In for later, plus Reacher season 2
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by ghost boner »

Whee of the Dead wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:15 am
ghost boner wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:01 pm Jame you can, and should, skip to season 5 without missing anything but DEFINITELY do season 2 at some point. Here's how I rank them worst to best

dead ass who the fuck rates from least to best lol
No idea why I did that tbh. I think I was just trying to be clickbait
formerly ghost boner
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

I need a new series to put on. Something smart and artsy to dumbasses like me.
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the english!!
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Watchmen Motion Comic/Watchmen (2019) - 10
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

featherboa wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:29 pm I need a new series to put on. Something smart and artsy to dumbasses like me.
Hannibal
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Echo - 4/10 - Vincent D'Ofrio was the only decent part of this for me - and I managed to convince my wife that the show was pronounced "Eee-cho" for a minute.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hunter wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:15 am Echo - 4/10 - Vincent D'Ofrio was the only decent part of this for me - and I managed to convince my wife that the show was pronounced "Eee-cho" for a minute.
I am truly impressed by Disney. How they’ve made it so I just won’t watch any of their Marvel stuff ever again. Hell, I watched all the shitty CW DC comics shows, and I’m not really a DC comics guy outside of Batman type ways.

And that reminds me, that I don’t think I finished Doom Patrol.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Game of Thrones - 6/10

It’s easy to say on a second viewing I know, but people complaining about the last season like the ones proceeding it weren’t also full of schlocky soap tropes and clumsy deus ex machina moments kind of make me laff. Danerys’ decent into paranoid madness and burning down Kings Landing was a lot less bad than people acted in the moment. Arya killing the Night King how she did was every bit as bad as people complained though hahah

Watching it again did make me realize that ultimately this show’s main purpose was having handsome guys smirk and make snide comments about death, and ugly guys frown and growl snide comments about death, and occasionally flipping so the handsome guys grimace and the ugly guys smirk. And it really succeeds when that’s the mission statement.

Also the red woman isn’t entirely unattractive.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

you're doing the lor'ds work
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

S4 is flawless

It all starts slowly declining from 5 on

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I watched two episodes of True Blood and I don’t know if I can do anymore, not only is it bad and silly but it’s dull

I don’t see how you have a bunch of titties bouncing around in all directions (though mostly up and down to be fair) and still have a boring show, it defies all reason. But here we are. The most interesting thing in the show are Anna Paquin’s teeth. I bet she gets food stuck in them all the time. Big embarrassing chunks. Anyways, whatever probably like 2/10, but a show that makes me bored despite tits really makes me resentful so it might be like a 4/10 in reality.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:29 pm I watched two episodes of True Blood and I don’t know if I can do anymore, not only is it bad and silly but it’s dull

I don’t see how you have a bunch of titties bouncing around in all directions (though mostly up and down to be fair) and still have a boring show, it defies all reason. But here we are. The most interesting thing in the show are Anna Paquin’s teeth. I bet she gets food stuck in them all the time. Big embarrassing chunks. Anyways, whatever probably like 2/10, but a show that makes me bored despite tits really makes me resentful so it might be like a 4/10 in reality.
I can’t remember, maybe starting season 3 or 4, but if you want to watch a TV show transform into literal shit, then keep on.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Saw a facebook post praising Scavengers Reign, so I mined the comments for mentions of other quality animated stuff...came away with Blue Eye Samurai, Pantheon, and Arcane
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

The Odd Couple (2015) - 9
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

ghost boner wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:25 pm The curse - 9/10 WHAT THE FUCK?!
I binged watched this last night. I loved it but what the fuck did I just witness? David Lynch, Lindelof and the writers from Succession composing a prolonged Tim and Eric sketch?
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Don't tell James, but I've started watching the entire Batman Animated Series (you know, the good one) on Netflix because I've only ever seen single episodes here and there. Unsurprisingly, it's god-tier stuff, and looking back on it now, it's particularly evident how influential this show was, not just on kid stuff.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Monsieur Spade - 6/10 - A solid 8-9/10 most of the way, then falls apart at that hokey last episode.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I made it three episodes into Reacher (S1) after someone recommended it to me. It was a struggle to get that far - not for me.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Six Feet Under - 5/10

Everyone sucked
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hunter wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:36 am I made it three episodes into Reacher (S1) after someone recommended it to me. It was a struggle to get that far - not for me.
I like it. It’s very Tom Clancy.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:15 am Don't tell James, but I've started watching the entire Batman Animated Series (you know, the good one) on Netflix because I've only ever seen single episodes here and there. Unsurprisingly, it's god-tier stuff, and looking back on it now, it's particularly evident how influential this show was, not just on kid stuff.
For years, decades even, this series and its eventual offshoots always kept DC well ahead of Marvel on animation quality, respectability, etc.
They got too comfortable with it as a house style though. Nowadays I feel like they are losing the race and getting outclassed left and right, and not just by Marvel.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I rewatched Justice League Unlimited very recently and absolutely loved it
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Those DCU animated movies have like a 3/10 chance of being good. I saw probably 30 of them. As a superfan I'm never really upset by anything but you can't help but get bored. They're definitely coasting off of reputation.

Years ago they got Bruce Timm to create a new universe called Gods and Monsters which was cool as fuck. It was his own personal elseworlds, had a movie and some tiein comics which were all top notch. It didn't do well i guess because there was no follow up, but it's very overlooked and I fully endorse it
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

ive watched a fuck ton of the (straight) batman ones. i thought the gotham by gaslight one was cool. i got that book when i when i was a kid

I have 8 children.