Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by The Real MPD »

The Closer Season 6 - 8
escape goat
I like to smell things.

Post by escape goat »

TheDOAD wrote:Any of you canadian ever watch Intelligence? My mom really liked it and told me to [NFI] First episode / movie was good. Seems like a better than average cop drama. Worth my time to watch the rest? I need a new show since I finally saw all of Sons of anarchy.

If i didnt rate that one Ill just say Im totally hooked even though its Super lame at times and totally ridiculous. jax is like the Anit bad ass but i still love him and his Jncos. They shoot all the Chases and oakland stuff in my neighborhood too which is kind of cool.
intelligence : the wire :: sons of anarchy : the sopranos
mithrandir
It's my lucky day!

Post by mithrandir »

Big Love Season 1, starting on season 2
7.5/10 so far

not normally the type of show I'd watch, but this one hooked me in
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Sherlock - 8.5/10

Points taken off for being the 08208348104th adaptation, but fuck this is super watchable
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Streven Adler wrote:
ThePhillyExperiment wrote:I may be overly critical about it
this... you finally got it. good for you.
I'll say this, though - Tyrion is probably my favorite character, for all the obvious reasons, but I really wish the guy didn't do such a piss-poor British accent.

Anyway, as announced earlier I watched the BSG miniseries yesterday. It was actually kind of fun to watch this after the first full season and having heard these events referenced a bajillion times. I'm just a bit worried by how horribly addicted I already am to this damn thing. If DHL doesn't fuck up again (which, yeah, I know - yeah right), I should get the BRs on Monday, and I really, really promised myself not to download any more before then, but... ugh. Save me, Infamous 2.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

Camelot - 5.5
Not horrid, not fantastic. Eva Green and the chick who plays Guinevere pretty much carry this. So goddamned hot.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Battlestar Galactica looks freaking fantastic on Blu-Ray.

FYI.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:The League. A very surprising 7/10
both seasons?

2nd season > 1st season
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

BSG Season 2: 9.5/10

I know I'm, what, six years late with this, but damn, this is some good TV. It's not without flaws (subplots like Apollo's deathwish being abandoned, the typical inconsistencies in characters' motivations and behavior), but any TV show that pulled a stunt like the three Pegasus episodes, got away with it and made it look good deserves a pat on the back...
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

7/10

Nostaljew'ddd
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Twin Peaks Season 1 - 9.5/10
Twin Peaks Season 2 - I don't know. I feel I should rate each episode individually, or even every 30 minutes of each episode. The ending was nutzo, and captured what I liked about the first season, also certain points, like the last 15 minutes of ep. 2.2, and felt like Lynch popped a giant Twin Peaks zit at the end.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I was hoping in the beginning Book Shop Boys were actually a satanic cult. :?
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

CROSTY wrote:Image

7/10

Nostaljew'ddd
No way. 10/10 series if I ever saw one.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

TheDOAD wrote:well just hold on to that positive attitude for a while...
i've said it multiple times but the first couple of episodes in season 3 are my favorite in the whole series. fuck yo momma

season 3 of 60's star trek is really beating me down. it's really not good at all honestly and i just want to power through it so i can start TNG

season 1- 9/10
season 2- 7/10
season 3- 4/10
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Life on Mars (US) - 8/10

First 2/3rds of the series - 9/10
Last 1/3rd - 6

It's based on the UK series of the same name, and is about a NY detective who gets into an accident in 2008, and wakes up 1973. It's basically a 70s cop drama, with tinges of sci fi, as he encounters things that remind him he should be in 2008. He writes a list of things that could be happening to him (everything from being in a coma, to alien abduction), and each episode has hints that it might be one of the things on his list.
Each episode consists of solving a case, and the're varied enough and pretty well crafted such that you can usually predict the outcome, but at just the right time so as not to spoil the rest of the story.

It only survived one season before getting canceled, but they had enough time to write in an ending. In some ways, the ending worked - it tied up everything pretty nicely, and made sense, logically, but at the same time is was kind of cheap in that it came out of nowhere.
It's probably better they end it this way than letting it turn into something like Lost.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:
TheDOAD wrote:well just hold on to that positive attitude for a while...
i've said it multiple times but the first couple of episodes in season 3 are my favorite in the whole series. fuck yo momma
Yeah, I really wish they hadn't abandoned the Palestinian fugitive camp scenario so quickly.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm about two thirds into Season 3 now and it's still good, but the writing is definitely slipping. Not to the point where the plotholes and inconsistencies ruin it or anything, but it just seemed tighter early on. For example, if Baltar wants to know so badly whether he's a Cylon, why doesn't he just, y'know, use the "Cylon detector" he developed in season 1? Hello? Not that that ever made sense to begin with, in the miniseries he claimed he could identify a Cylon based on a hair sample or something like that, and then somehow everybody just forgot about that by the time season 1 started, ahem...
Last edited by spacehamster on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

presumably the final 5 don't follow the same genetic rules as the others or something.

stick with it, it gets bumpy for several episodes at a time but gets really good again in season 4 (although that has some so-so episodes too). the series resolution is :moreawesome:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Hypnagogia wrote:Life on Mars (US) - 8/10

First 2/3rds of the series - 9/10
Last 1/3rd - 6

It's based on the UK series of the same name, and is about a NY detective who gets into an accident in 2008, and wakes up 1973. It's basically a 70s cop drama, with tinges of sci fi, as he encounters things that remind him he should be in 2008. He writes a list of things that could be happening to him (everything from being in a coma, to alien abduction), and each episode has hints that it might be one of the things on his list.
Each episode consists of solving a case, and the're varied enough and pretty well crafted such that you can usually predict the outcome, but at just the right time so as not to spoil the rest of the story.

It only survived one season before getting canceled, but they had enough time to write in an ending. In some ways, the ending worked - it tied up everything pretty nicely, and made sense, logically, but at the same time is was kind of cheap in that it came out of nowhere.
It's probably better they end it this way than letting it turn into something like Lost.
the UK one only went 2 seasons. it's way worth watching because the story has a chance to develop properly.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

BUNGVOX wrote:
the UK one only went 2 seasons. it's way worth watching because the story has a chance to develop properly.
US version had 17 episodes in 1 season; UK version had 16 episodes over 2 seasons.
US version is streaming on netflix, it's probably worth it...ending sucks though.

Have you watched Ashes to Ashes?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Hypnagogia wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:
US version had 17 episodes in 1 season; UK version had 16 episodes over 2 seasons.
US version is streaming on netflix, it's probably worth it...ending sucks though.

Have you watched Ashes to Ashes?
i started watching it. but that was over a year ago i think. we gave up satellite/cable cuz there wasn't really anything good on for how much you get charged.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:presumably the final 5 don't follow the same genetic rules as the others or something.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Yeah, maybe. But Baltar's never shown thinking about that. Plus when the crazy black dude from that black op before the Cylon attack shows up, they also don't use the Cylon detector on him but check his DNA against their records from before the war. Looks more like the writers just forgot it exists to me.

Another thing that really bothers me is how they can't seem to make up their minds how this shared memory between human Cylons of the same model works. It's made clear that Sharon/Athena remembers Sharon/Boomer's relationship with the chief (and the Six on Pegasus seems to remember Caprica Six's affair with Baltar), but apparently Sharon/Athena killing herself so she'll download to the Cylon baseship to kidnap her baby doesn't result in all the Sharons knowing all kinds of military secrets.
I know, Trekkie-level geek alert. I'll stop now.
stick with it, it gets bumpy for several episodes at a time but gets really good again in season 4 (although that has some so-so episodes too). the series resolution is :moreawesome:
Well, I bought the BR box set that has everything, including extended cuts of some episodes, the Resistance stuff, and Razor, so yeah, I'm definitely watching the rest, no question about that. Besides, I can't really think of any show off the top of my head that didn't eventually feel a bit watered down, so it's hard to hold that against BSG if there were still episodes in the third season like the one with the doctor euthanizing the religious fanatics.
Last edited by spacehamster on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

Toilet Fleet wrote:Sherlock - 8.5/10

Points taken off for being the 08208348104th adaptation, but fuck this is super watchable
what an absolutely fucking retarded reason.

"yeah, it's pretty much the genesis character of all detective and spy fiction, and well they DID do a fantastic job. but i'm going to take off points because ITS A CHARACTER THATS BEEN DONE BEFORE."

:fp: :drool: :wank:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

BSG Season 3 - 8.5/10

Definitely some annoying filler here, like DOAD said, and the aforementioned inconsistencies, but the payoff with the last three episodes is fantastic, obviously. I'm plowing through these way too fast, but what can I say, I'm working on a paper, and, uh, you know.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Hypnagogia wrote:
Zap Rowsdower wrote:The League. A very surprising 7/10
both seasons?

2nd season > 1st season
I liked 'em both. The only episode I didn't care for was the one missing her:

:mastoman:
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm not done with BSG yet, I just wanted to stop by and say I can't believe they got that guy from the Daily Show to play a brain surgeon.
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

How I Met Your Mother: Season 1-3 -- 9
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile