Rate the last series you watched.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by spacehamster »

Unsurprisingly, I watched the rest of the last season of Canadians in Space today instead of doing anything halfway productive. 8.5/10.

I liked it fine, and most of it was actually better than season 3 because you could tell they had a clear goal they were driving at, so there weren't any filler episodes or at least nothing that felt that way.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Basically my problem with it is that the first three seasons all dealt with more tangible real-life themes and season 4 seemed to be mostly preoccupied with tying up the various loose ends and at least explaining all the stuff with the human Cylons and the final five in a way that made sense. And it did do a good job at that, it just seemed like none of this was particularly relevant to anything other than the show itself. Unless you want a philosophical treatise on the nature of God and fate, that is.

Yeah, and the whole business with Starbuck coming back from the dead and the undamaged Viper never being explained was kind of a shame. Take one of your best characters and practically turn her into a walking continuity trainwreck in the last season? Great idea, guys.

Still, I'm holding this show to a high standard here. 99% of all other TV is like a retard pissing himself five times a day compared to BSG.
Last edited by spacehamster on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster, never mention again what series. movies or games you are watching or plan to watch because if I watched it I will make sure I spoil the shit for you. This is not the fucking first time.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Uh, sorry. Fixed. I do think I usually watch myself with stuff like that, though.

Come to think of it, I probably had worse spoilers on the last page and nobody said anything, which is why it didn't occur to me now. But I just went back and spoiler-tagged all of that too.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I started it last weekend but so far I only watched the first two episodes. It is good, but with all the noise they made about it I had big expectations.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

BSG: Razor - 9/10, but...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
...the whole business with the hybrid telling Starbuck that she's the harbinger of mankind's destruction or somesuch to that effect really bothers me. This didn't make any sense the way it was presented in the episode where the other hybrid tells her roughly the same thing, but IIRC the way it's phrased there it's not clear if she's talking about humans, Cylons or both. Here it's clearly stated that it's about the human race, and it's just another thing about Starbuck that makes zero sense in the end.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

IT Crowd: :D / 10

"AT A SEA PARKS?" is de facto laffo-getter for the foreseeable future
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Has anybody watched Workaholics on CC?

I don't think I've caught every episode, but the ones I have seen have been pretty hilarious.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Firefly - 9
Breaking bad - 10
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Yeah, but its more white.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Party Down - 8.5
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

spacehamster wrote:
copstache wrote:
TheDOAD wrote:well just hold on to that positive attitude for a while...
i've said it multiple times but the first couple of episodes in season 3 are my favorite in the whole series. fuck yo momma
Yeah, I really wish they hadn't abandoned the Palestinian fugitive camp scenario so quickly.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm about two thirds into Season 3 now and it's still good, but the writing is definitely slipping. Not to the point where the plotholes and inconsistencies ruin it or anything, but it just seemed tighter early on. For example, if Baltar wants to know so badly whether he's a Cylon, why doesn't he just, y'know, use the "Cylon detector" he developed in season 1? Hello? Not that that ever made sense to begin with, in the miniseries he claimed he could identify a Cylon based on a hair sample or something like that, and then somehow everybody just forgot about that by the time season 1 started, ahem...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I agree about the New Caprica stuff. They abandoned that too soon, that shit was fantastic. Once they got back to Galactica, some of the plotlines started to devolve into the NO1CURR territory. Starbuck and Apollo having an affair? Look at all the fucks I give.

Anyway, about the Cylon detector thing, I think that we are to assume it was abandoned after season one when Sharon shot Adama, revealing shes a Cylon. I guess the higher ups were like "This thing didn't catch that Boomer was a Cylon, it's total balls, toss it." even though it actually DID catch that Boomer was a Cylon and Baltar fabricated the answer. Or amybe I'm just trying to explain a writing fuck up. I dunno.

Speaking of which, some fans try to interpret the "Kara Thrace is the Harbinger of Death" thing as she leads them to the for real Earth in the end, and eventually the Colonial humans and Cylons interbreed with the Earth humans, thereby "killing" the Colonial human race. Yeah, people trying to explain plotholes, I know.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Iron Goldie wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Anyway, about the Cylon detector thing, I think that we are to assume it was abandoned after season one when Sharon shot Adama, revealing shes a Cylon. I guess the higher ups were like "This thing didn't catch that Boomer was a Cylon, it's total balls, toss it." even though it actually DID catch that Boomer was a Cylon and Baltar fabricated the answer. Or amybe I'm just trying to explain a writing fuck up. I dunno.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Saul Tigh actually says something to that effect much later in the show. Doesn't really help it make any more sense to me, though. All this time spent on it, and the request for a nuclear warhead (which a Cylon later just happens to use), plus the fact that it supposedly didn't catch Boomer could be seen as the reason Adama almost got killed, and everyone just sort of forgets about it? Um, no.

Not to mention there's never really a satisfactory explanation why Baltar doesn't tell Boomer she's a Cylon in the first place, other than well, he's crazy, and he only cares about himself, so he does crazy stupid stuff because you're not supposed to like him.
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

spacehamster wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Saul Tigh actually says something to that effect much later in the show. Doesn't really help it make any more sense to me, though. All this time spent on it, and the request for a nuclear warhead (which a Cylon later just happens to use), plus the fact that it supposedly didn't catch Boomer could be seen as the reason Adama almost got killed, and everyone just sort of forgets about it? Um, no.

Not to mention there's never really a satisfactory explanation why Baltar doesn't tell Boomer she's a Cylon in the first place, other than well, he's crazy, and he only cares about himself, so he does crazy stupid stuff because you're not supposed to like him.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I actually didn't mind the way they played he didn't tell Boomer she was a Cylon. Head!Six tells him that if he told her, her Cylon side may take over and kill him, and if there's one thing we know about Baltar, he is quite exceptional at self-preservation.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Pushing Daisies, Seasons 1 & 2--the shit/10

If I were the Pie Maker, I would have chosen both girls.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Terriers - 9
30 Rock Season 5 - 7.5
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

BSG The Plan - meh/10

Never thought something BSG-related could ever bore me, but this sure did. It was clear enough that the whole thing would be basically a giant retcon in a desperate attempt to tie the show's somewhat shaky continuity together, but I was kinda hoping it would at least be entertaining. Turns out it's just as much fun as when DC comics does this shit to "fix" their continuity - about the same as watching paint dry. I also didn't need to have the whole thing about the Cylons developing emotions and struggling with them because they're new and unfamiliar spoon-fed to me like this, given that a) the regular series did a better job at portraying the idea AND make it meaningful in the larger context and b) it's 100% lifted from Blade Runner anyway.

But hey, Tricia Helfer in a skimpy leather outfit.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Fishing WIth John - 9
Twin Peaks - 10
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

The Tudors season 4 - The fucking royals of England were despicable... GODDAMNED HORRID, DESPICABLE FUCKING SHIT MONKEYS! Whores you couldn't trust as far as a cumshot... and then there's the men... Jesus.
Last edited by NANOplague on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

The Wire season 1 - billion/10

I just realized that I never saw the episode with the "Fuck" scene, which I've seen on Youtube or something. What episode was that? I must have skipped it.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote: What episode was that? I must have skipped it.
CERTIFIABLY FALSE
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

I found it guys. I must have watched the intro and then left to do something and skipped ahead without watching the episode. Got some crucial Detective Freeman back story + McNulty hitting on Greggs.
Brut
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by Brut »

It's ok EEEOOO x3.

When I first watched The Wire, I mainlined the whole series in an entire month of isolation, weed, and chili. After watching 4 episodes straight; in my tired, burnt out haze I somehow missed the episode in which
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Omar dies.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

Brut wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Omar dies.

hUH? wHat? Which episode? :? :(
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
Brut
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by Brut »

Teebore wrote:
Brut wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Omar dies.

hUH? wHat? Which episode? :? :(
Season 5, episode 8. Beginning of the show.
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

on season four of intermittently paying attention to radish watching Madmen. quite compelling.