Liturgy gets destroyed...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Re: Liturgy gets destroyed...

Post by badgevvrecker »

gustavprom wrote:the village voice quote is perhaps the most epicly douche-chilling so far:
""As best as I can figure at this breakneck speed, it's a highest-velocity trade-off of 7/8 and 10/8 riffs, with one quite satisfying extra 7/4 on every third turn-around--you know, just to keep it from being a total exercise in temple-massaging hypertension. Combine 17 and 17 with the accommodating 14 support beam, and you get an even 48--which translates back into a swinging 4/4 groove. "

:theylive:
because we've never heard meshuggah.....
iEd
Cause Of Death

Post by iEd »

Absolute defamation
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

how is it that in a place as "tough" as NY, that assholes like this are not beat up all the time?

NY: your black metal prince needs to introduce you to nature blast beats...

"yes sir..."

:fp:
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

they live in a gentrified hipster infested part of brooklyn. they seem to have scared the niggers away...must be the high rent.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

badgevvrecker wrote:
We expanded into a full band in order to realize an idea I had about a new kind of blast beat called the burst beat. The burst beat is more true to life than the blast beat, more like systems in nature, in two ways. First, the tempo accelerates and decelerates; it expands and contracts, like breathing, or the economy, etc. Secondly, it abruptly crosses thresholds between different modes. Just as water goes from ice to liquid to gas, or a horse goes from walk to trot to canter – the burst beat transitions freely between different kinds of blast/grind beats with different tempos. I was never able to realize this idea adequately using a drum machine and multi-tracking. It has to happen live.
seriously, this guy cant track multiple tempos?
i was going to say something about how i have trouble programming drums in multiple time signatures and then i realized he said "tempos." uhh..
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

pooptastik wrote:they live in a gentrified hipster infested part of brooklyn. they seem to have scared the niggers away...must be the high rent.
Transcendentalism is the best thing to happen to Jewish property owners in Williamsburg ever.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Streven Adler wrote:i wasnt' aware there was a black metal liturgy. fucking gay.
Thread confused the shit out of me until I figured this out.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
You Killed Jesus
Keep it thick...

Post by You Killed Jesus »

So do y'alls think that if I started playing in a band that sounded like this, I'd make any cash or at least be able to convince really stupid people in my scene that I'm some kind of brilliant artiste? Although I'd personally prefer money...
triple clutcher v2.5b
This drum machine utterly confounds me.

Post by triple clutcher v2.5b »

copstache wrote:
badgevvrecker wrote:
We expanded into a full band in order to realize an idea I had about a new kind of blast beat called the burst beat. The burst beat is more true to life than the blast beat, more like systems in nature, in two ways. First, the tempo accelerates and decelerates; it expands and contracts, like breathing, or the economy, etc. Secondly, it abruptly crosses thresholds between different modes. Just as water goes from ice to liquid to gas, or a horse goes from walk to trot to canter – the burst beat transitions freely between different kinds of blast/grind beats with different tempos. I was never able to realize this idea adequately using a drum machine and multi-tracking. It has to happen live.
i was going to say something about how i have trouble programming drums in multiple time signatures and then i realized he said "tempos." uhh..
I think in theory it's supposed to be like Steve Reich's phasing? It just sounds like sloppy picking/blasting to me.

You Killed Jesus wrote:So do y'alls think that if I started playing in a band that sounded like this, I'd make any cash or at least be able to convince really stupid people in my scene that I'm some kind of brilliant artiste? Although I'd personally prefer money...
yes.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

triple clutcher v2.5b wrote:
copstache wrote:
badgevvrecker wrote:
I think in theory it's supposed to be like Steve Reich's phasing? It just sounds like sloppy picking/blasting to me.
ah, I don't feel so alone anymore
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
triple clutcher v2.5b
This drum machine utterly confounds me.

Post by triple clutcher v2.5b »

Like I'm listening to bits of 'Renihilation' now and there are points where it sounds like the guitars and drums could be dividing the beat up in different ways. Maybe the guitars are playing straight 16th notes but the drums are blasting in 16th note quintuplets, so everyone still meets back up at the top of every beat. But they're always bashing along so fast that it just sounds like one of the dudes has been practicing while the rest sold their metronomes for bigger thesauruses.

I like the idea of creating polyrhythmic/phased/whatever madness out of beehive black metal riffs, but Liturgy is certainly not doing that.
Vanessa America
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Vanessa America »

Necrometer wrote: OH fuck - he fails with the pronunciation in this years-old vid, see 1:55 (immediately after that he proceeds to suck Colin Marston's cock)
:betternotstartanyshit: Hey, that's my job.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:fuck you, you ginger whore.
http://domestigrind.bandcamp.com/
http://www.facebook.com/catbombnyc
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Vanessa America wrote:
Necrometer wrote: OH fuck - he fails with the pronunciation in this years-old vid, see 1:55 (immediately after that he proceeds to suck Colin Marston's cock)
:betternotstartanyshit: Hey, that's my job.
Good job Vanessa
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
not null
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by not null »

I want to know Thrill Jockey and 20 Buck Spin's take on this... anyone seen any interviews?
mithrandir
It's my lucky day!

Post by mithrandir »

when the relapsers circle around like a pack of wolves and hate on something so uniformly, then I know Liturgy must be doing something right...!
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

mithrandir wrote:when the relapsers circle around like a pack of wolves and hate on something so uniformly, then I know Liturgy must be doing something right...!
hahaha
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Ogre of Disgust
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Ogre of Disgust »

"Hmm, that Mithy guy posted last. I bet it's some contrarian I'm-better-than-you-sheep bullshit"

well whadda ya know..
POST SUCKS
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Mithrandir's ivory tower only fits one it is true, but the shit he yells down to the rest of us is often worth at least considering

I think he's just from space, or a hidden magic dimension, like wormholegenerator or guillermo del toro
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

james wrote:I think he's just from space, or a hidden magic dimension, like wormholegenerator or guillermo del toro
all these people are hispanic
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Streven Adler wrote:liturgy is as black metal as making videos of yourself and your crippled girlfriend doing horrible pop karaoke. shit is so fucking preciously transcendental that we will never get it.
:ylt:
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Streven Adler wrote:liturgy is as black metal as making videos of yourself and your crippled girlfriend doing horrible pop karaoke. shit is so fucking preciously transcendental that we will never get it.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
ratanda
How's them beans, ma?

Post by ratanda »

Streven Adler wrote:i wasnt' aware there was a black metal liturgy. fucking gay.

Whoa, that was good!

And yeah, this black metal liturgy is awful. It's like all these metalcore kids playing what they think metal is supposed to sound like, but way, way more pretentious.
Frank Friendly
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by Frank Friendly »

Would never call liturgy Black metal (as they never killed any xasthur fans) but i really like Renihilation.

(i probaly should post in the drunk tread instead)
soiled depends wrote:stupid, fucking worthless and with nothing interesting to contribute. Save it for your high school battle of the bands you depressed xasthur fans...
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

ratanda wrote:

Whoa, that was good!
yeah i've owned this liturgy album for a good few years and this thread has made me dig it out again. Still haven't checked out the other liturgy out yet. :wink:
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
chris narcosis
ultimate EVIL

Post by chris narcosis »

OH LOOK AT THIS THIS THEN EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GANG OF xasthur fans WHO LIKE SNOW AND HELL AND MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGUING WITH ANOTHER GANG OF QUEERS THAT LIKE TO HANG AROUND SWIGGIN LATTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WINNER IS THE MINGE POTTERS AND I CAN GUESS WHOS ONTOP THERE SHIT WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moreawesome: :moreawesome: :moreawesome: :mrgreen: