The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by riley-o »

so you're saying you're bitter.

just relax dude. there's plenty of room here for you to be another king even after all of my accomplishments.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I conquer by dusk what you exhaust til dawn
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

man four kings in NG+ are annoying as shit. i think fighting O&S can be fun, if frustrating, but four kings are just assholes. i made the mistake of summoning witch beatrice (ATTN: new dark souls'ers: you can summon her at bottom of stairs before moonlit butterfly, which makes that fight ridiculously easy) which seemed to make them spawn even faster? maybe i'm making shit up

with four kings, it seems like if your character is a complete tank who can take their hits while dealing out massive two-handed damage it's not bad, but that's definitely not what my character is like. after i got the platinum i tried to beat them for the 3rd or 4th time, can't remember, and at one point three of them were alive at the same time because i couldn't kill them fast enough. fuck that. if the new DLC comes out on consoles i'm gonna start a STR build just so i can destroy those assholes en route to new manly adventures
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm about lvl 120 with a maxed-out magic bastard sword, a maxed-out pyromancy flame, and 39 int and vit close to that. The last time I tried, I wore the Golem armor because there seems to be no point in trying to roll anyway. AND I cast Iron Flesh as soon as I got there. Two-handing the sword, what I got for my trouble was maybe 15-20% damage done by the time the second king spawned, then Iron Flesh ran out, you can't recast it because it takes too long and in no time I got swarmed by three of them and died. And that was my most successful attempt so far. So I'm a bit stumped here. I think I'm just going to do other stuff (still need to do Lost Izalith this playthrough, and could try pvp again for the Souvenirs of Reprisal) for a while and see how health scales with vit >40, maybe that'll help. I really feel like I have a good build with good equipment, and everything up to this point in NG+ was totally manageable, but here I do basically no damage and get ripped apart in under a minute.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

god damnit they really need to fix the pvp next time around because it can be great times.

I went in against a dark spirit who dropped 5 humanity and gave me a bow. I picked up his offering and he proceeded to one shot me. Then he sent me a message saying you have five more, I'll be waiting

:confused:

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I wrath of gods'd him off a cliff 8)
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Seems like this got overlooked by a lot of people in the video games thread, including me. Just heard about this.
Spooky Apparition wrote:new dark souls content is coming to consoles (including, i'm assuming, the new PVP arena/matchmaking) 8)

Fuck yes. I'm glad From decided to offer the new content to console players.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

multiple bosses and npcs too, hopefully it will be a good 20 hours worth anyway
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

console supremacy
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:awesome: :lol:

No one wins with that Blighttown framerate. All this extra content sounds pretty awesome and I'm glad I didn't get too far in the PS3 version.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I'm glad that From Software is upfront about the problems they're having, instead of pulling an EA and either glossing over it or being completely dishonest about it all together. My already high level of respect for From Software has grown.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Totally agree. Honesty from a studio...how refreshing is that? I'm getting it on release day no matter what...native resolution + 360 pad and a duty to support From/Namco's effort. I've seen a lot of posts talking about this and some people essentially saying they're not buying it and call From Software lazy for not taking the time with the port. Their loss....I'm still a little shocked it's even coming out.
chorton
There Was Blood Everywhere

Post by chorton »

How many stats do you guys try to level? I'm playing warrior and I have been ignoring attunement, resistance, intelligence and faith. I can't really cast any spells or miracles and haven't tried to level pyromancy either. Is my dude going to suck later in the game if stick to strictly melee?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

funny that this got a bump today - just saw a headline on IGN about the PC version... might actually get to play this sometime soon
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

chorton wrote:How many stats do you guys try to level? I'm playing warrior and I have been ignoring attunement, resistance, intelligence and faith. I can't really cast any spells or miracles and haven't tried to level pyromancy either. Is my dude going to suck later in the game if stick to strictly melee?
No, you can be a pretty badass character with good vitality and dexterity and/or strength. Would definitely recommend leveling up in pyromancy though. It's not dependent on stats so any build can utilize it really well.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

my last 4 playthroughs only had points on endurance, dex, and strength

most of the magic is gay and the good miracles are super cheap as is most pyro

two handed melee is the only way I go out now
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

james wrote:funny that this got a bump today - just saw a headline on IGN about the PC version... might actually get to play this sometime soon
A magnificent gentleman has a resolution fix (pc version runs at 1024x720 and then upscales to your monitor...blasphemy for PC nerds) already working and rendering the game in native resolutions.

And the game isn't even officially unlocked yet lol.

EDIT: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=92

Resolution fix if anyone's playing on PC. Game looks great with the fix.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition rules as expected. Who knew From Software had hidden some great texture work behind a lower resolution. I think I have a +5 long sword right now and am on staying mobile with fast weapons that don't suck, like the daggers.

Capra Demon was a piece of piss. Got invaded in the sewers and slaughtered that fool.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Gonna spacehamster it up in here. Quick question about invasions. I was in Darkroot Garden past the door you have to unlock with the crest and got invaded by some dark purple pc. I whooped him good (after he ran away like a little girl and healed) and then he invades me again not a minute later and he was with a buddy. Hackers or is this like the console version? Needless to say, I Alt+F4'd outta there.

Also, fuck those big rolling cats. They took my pride and about 30,000 souls away in that little valley.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

haha no that's how it was on consoles too. I remember invading the same dude like fifteen times in a row and he just kept slaughtering me (never once was it even remotely close to a contest, even the times it wasn't just me invading) and laughing so hard at how he must have just been like, "fuck, seriously dude ?!" by the tenth or whatever time
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Damn. I'll just have to stay hollow or summon some other players, but that seems to be borked on PC because I always get a Summoning Failed sign.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

So I'm back at it and I'm now convinced the four kings are just completely ridiculous in NG+. I'm steamrolling everything else that still needs doing in this playthrough, but as soon as I drop down to the four kings, I get squished. Groan.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I think I've said this before but I didn't have a big problem with them until NG++
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

ive been watching a couple of my friends play this shit on pc and it is fucking eye poppingly beautiful and makes me want to start over and play again..
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:I think I've said this before but I didn't have a big problem with them until NG++
Do you remember what level you were? I'm still somewhere between 120 and 130, and given that everything else is a complete cakewalk, it just seems weird that I'd have to level up a bajillion times to even stand a chance.