http://collider.com/alien-covenant-trailer-reactions/

random braindeads

someone actually had the nerve to say it looked like DEAD SPACE :drool:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Re: Prometheus - Ridley Scott's Alien 'prequel' *SPOILERS*

Post by THE KILL »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: I'm way more interested in watching a long, weird "big myth questions" story by a brilliant filmmaker than I am in getting an unnecessary bridge towards a movie than came out in 1979.
Just today I was thinking about why I don't like Prometheus, it looked like they're connecting the aliens with a mytholocial god race or something. Part of why Alien was so scary is that it painted the universe as a place where evolution made things as brutal as Aliens, not some blue-skinned semigod poofters. It was so effective because it was so simple.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

thats not what i got out of prometheus.

SO WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS COVENANT SHIT

did he really abandon the sequel to prometheus?
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

GODAMNIT WHAT IS THIS SHIT

david the android and a new crew of explorers? WHAT?

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

this is chickenshit fan service crap. it looks like they basically abandoned the conceits of prometheus and steered them toward the alien franchise faster and kept fassbender because he's a draw. danny mcbride and james franco?? what planet am i on right now

oh neomorphs huh. from the minds that brought you xenomorphs? why is horror/sci fi fanboyism so fucking jewish

oh dont worry guys now theres BACKBURSTERS hoho ho

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

even if you concede that you want to keep going forward without shaw (which is workable), she dies in some way. old age even. who knows. she becomes queen engineer :lol: . whatever. to go back to the well of HAPLESS UNSUSPECTING SHIP FULL OF BANTERING HORNIE CREW who don't know what is going on at all for first 30 minutes

why

WHY

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i agree with jame
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
im really not that huge on theorizing but after watching giftbearer recently i got the impression that the engineers were essentially spiritual or monastic beings who naively tinkered with life based on narrow human instincts. the seed of the alien creature was inspired by kind of divine reflection hence the self altering fresco looking thing in the egg room with the giant man head. so the engineers drew blueprints or direction from a kind of cross dimensional inspiration. a spiritual force or a voice type a deal which would be more in line with a lovecraftian interpretation that i am perfectly ok with. they think that they created their own type of AI or they actually have and they go around spreading their DNA interpretations blah blah creating life everywhere. thats why the black ooze shit doesnt make complete plot driven/narrative sense is because it is old fashioned UNKNOWABLE(and they dont know thats its so)and has its own non-human/non-life-life of its own essentially. the idea of evolution so pure and decollateralized like the kill was mentioning that it couldnt exist in our world without some divine inspiration or cross dimensional tampering

but literally none that shit even matters now. what matters is that if they've just fast forward to NEOMORPHS (ho ho ho) and bypassed any chances for weird explanations or further industrial scale movie making mistakes that made prometheus fun and interesting because xasthur fans want to go and sit in their seats and see the same creature designs and the same things they've seen a million other times

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Necrometer wrote:someone actually had the nerve to say it looked like DEAD SPACE :drool:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is so great
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
SO WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS COVENANT SHIT

did he really abandon the sequel to prometheus?[/quote]
FVBTVS wrote:GODAMNIT WHAT IS THIS SHIT

david the android and a new crew of explorers? WHAT?
FVBTVS wrote:this is chickenshit fan service crap. it looks like they basically abandoned the conceits of prometheus and steered them toward the alien franchise faster and kept fassbender because he's a draw. danny mcbride and james franco?? what planet am i on right now

oh neomorphs huh. from the minds that brought you xenomorphs? why is horror/sci fi fanboyism so fucking jewish

oh dont worry guys now theres BACKBURSTERS hoho ho
FVBTVS wrote:even if you concede that you want to keep going forward without shaw (which is workable), she dies in some way. old age even. who knows. she becomes queen engineer :lol: . whatever. to go back to the well of HAPLESS UNSUSPECTING SHIP FULL OF BANTERING HORNIE CREW who don't know what is going on at all for first 30 minutes

why

WHY
^ this fvbtvs meltdown is so satisfying. I had micro versions of these reations in real time as I heard the play-by-play of what was/wasn't happening with this movie and I'd probably flip my shit as well if it had all been dumped on me at once

I read something that said this movie was sort of a detour and the "paradise" movie with shaw would be up next. I'm really bummed that they're not going down that road, but happy scott is still making these movies. even if they're fan-service horseshit in their intent.

one glimmer of hope is that the neomorphs (I struggle to think of a dumber name, maybe "nu-liens") actually look kind of cool based on some leaked set photos I unintentioally/briefly saw. they are
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
in keeping with giger's uglier, less deliberate/polished looking biomechanical stuff, kind of life those abortive ripley clones 1-7 that were the silver lining of resurrection but filthier.
and even THIS was too much for certain internet people, saying like "don't try and improve on giger's perfect design!"
FVBTVS wrote:i agree with jame
yeah that was a great post. I like your response, and am on the same page for this part specifically:
FVBTVS wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
thats why the black ooze shit doesnt make complete plot driven/narrative sense is because it is old fashioned UNKNOWABLE(and they dont know thats its so)and has its own non-human/non-life-life of its own essentially. the idea of evolution so pure and decollateralized
:tup:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I love thinking about this sort of thing, the spiritual biotech angle. like, humans invent a human replica and think they're hot shit worthy of an interplanetary parade about it, and here's this other set of entities who are like "oh you know how to copy a thing? well we were just fooling around with some ideas and came up with pure concentrated potentiality that can conjure up entirely new lifeforms on a whim. and we have no idea how or why it works like that..."
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

haha i fucking drove around the block blowing off steam and ended up buying shaving cream at CVS still fuming and cursing under my breath. i was still cursing under my breath but the cashier thought i was angry at her for taking so long so i took it upon myself to moderate in real life and assure it was ridley scott (and the jews) i was angry at and not her.. :cheers:

I love thinking about this sort of thing, the spiritual biotech angle. like, humans invent a human replica and think they're hot shit worthy of an interplanetary parade about it, and here's this other set of entities who are like "oh you know how to copy a thing? well we were just fooling around with some ideas and came up with pure concentrated potentiality that can conjure up entirely new lifeforms on a whim. and we have no idea how or why it works like that..."
YEAH! and also the potential to bring in jesus christ as maybe a rogue engineer :fonz: :invcross:

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

nuliens :lol:

I have 8 children.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

FVBTVS wrote:i was still cursing under my breath but the cashier thought i was angry at her for taking so long so i took it upon myself to moderate in real life and assure it was ridley scott (and the jews) i was angry at and not her..
hahaha this is great

don't worry man you'll be blowing off steam and laughing all your worries away with danny mcbride in 2017's true return to gory horror videogaming, finally done right just like the first time
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

more effects, more gore, more Fassbender

This movie needs Vin Diesel walking away from an exploding Alien.

While Five Finger Death Punch plays in the background.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

and fassbanders cock and ass butt

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Are Danny McBride and James Franco really in this? :lol: :tdown:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I hope they say "GAME OVER MAN" to each other in unison once that HARD R shit hits the fan!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

im going to kick a fucking hole in my brand new dry wall

I have 8 children.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Necrometer wrote:I hope they say "GAME OVER MAN" to each other in unison once that HARD R shit hits the fan!
That will actually be Danny McBride that says it, right before he pretends to jerk off on the neomorph.
If you love the first two ALIEN films, buy your tix now!
Alien I had absolutely nothing in common with Alien II other then Ripley's perky nipples and a lot of sweaty people.

Don't worry, Fassbender won't be driving a power loader when he fights the Alien queen. He'll turn into one.
also, and you guys aren't going to believe this, but the ALIEN: COVENANT trailer features a slow, sad cover version of a classic song.
It's NIN - Hurt
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote:
also, and you guys aren't going to believe this, but the ALIEN: COVENANT trailer features a slow, sad cover version of a classic song.
It's NIN - Hurt
:lol: :idea:

if we're calling shots, I'll go with twinkle twinkle little star
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

I don't think I have a real guess - yours is just too :moreawesome:

sweaty says "love shack"
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote:
Don't worry, Fassbender won't be driving a power loader when he fights the Alien queen. He'll turn into one.
like this:

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Necrometer wrote:
sweaty says "love shack
:lol: :lol:

tell sweaty thats inspired. if its any devo or b52s i'll toast.. :cheers:

I have 8 children.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

ahaha devo

this question has been consuming me so I took it upon myself to research in real life, and a trusted tweetist says it's
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
bowie :awesome:

no song confirmation but I'd be shocked if it's anything but the painfully on-the-nose selection: space oddity
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

lets dance!

I have 8 children.