I'm spiritual, but not religious...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Re: I'm spiritual, but not religious...

Post by Cascade Whore »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:Namaste.
Holy shit, you exposed your secret identity finally, I can't believe I've never noticed the resemblance before
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wank night's cancelled
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:The two articles have helped me realize that as much as hearing about "spiritual but not religious" people gives me douche-chills, they are no competition for the troo believers.
This is sort of my point. As bad as some (most?) of the SBNR airheads are, I'll take some lax thinking over all-science or all-religion totalitarianism.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Raw Ting wrote:yeah but how does that relate to israel? I wanna talk about israel
Wank night's cancelled
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

Necrometer wrote:
Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:The two articles have helped me realize that as much as hearing about "spiritual but not religious" people gives me douche-chills, they are no competition for the troo believers.
This is sort of my point. As bad as some (most?) of the SBNR airheads are, I'll take some lax thinking over all-science or all-religion totalitarianism.
Doesn't this sort of apply to most, if not all, interests? For example, how many troo metalheads do you really want to be around?
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

That's a good point. Maybe this shall be a warmup for my moderation v. mediocrity philosophical superthread...
Fighting Uruk-Hai
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Fighting Uruk-Hai »

copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
YES thank you. in this video she is pretty much the pinnacle of all my 90s infatuations combined

song is great

sigh :(
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Fighting Uruk-Hai
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Fighting Uruk-Hai »

Once I get past the social implications of this (kids today are fucking retards), the turtle with the spear cracks me up every time I look at it.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

Cascade Whore wrote:
probably beat off maybe a hundred times out of my first thousand batches to this girl

and shirley manson

and yeah elastica chick

and the auf da maurer chick
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Fighting Uruk-Hai wrote:Image
what the fuck is this shit?
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

this thread is a goddamn mess... clean it up.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

yeah im not really sure what the thesis is exactly but i'm so thoroughly disgusted by shallow piecemealing of various goofy religious and quasi mystical shit that sits all hobbled together precariously by concepts like 'kharma' and 'energy' with absolutely no purpose other than to reflect and deflect someones narcissistic desire to be different from so called religious people. the dominant ideology today is basically 'fulfill' your potential and all this other weird orientalist pseudo buddhist crap anyway without the inhuman discipline that buddhism demands. i respect the amish and true fundamentalist that live without an ounce of envy than i do 'spiritualists'. elizabeth prophet fought against that shit because a lot of people saw her as a new ager but she was a forceful deist and insisted on one god that humans were a part of etc etc. for the most part these people 'hate' religion because they'd like to think that life and beauty and power and enlightenment and love never has any cost whatsoever and jsut want to download it off napster have a coke or whatever. to think that some peopel accept science which is unquestionable governed by laws and then some how live 'spiritually' where anything goes is nauseating enough that im glad i dont own firearms.

this thread is a mess
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

what are the implications of this discourse in the context of ballsack shavin'
:idea:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

"I'm into a lot of deep stuff man, my tattoos are very spiritual"
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

10 seconds ago i thought maybe i should edit my post out and stick it over there in the ballsack thread and just go straight to bed and dream the late night crew were thinking nice thoughts about me and what a deft move it was..
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

consensus from febtus and CNN blogger: ATTENTION, ALL SPIRITUAL ANARCHISTS: ELECT A LEADER, THAT I MAY BERATE HIM
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

fallbacktostone wrote: i respect the amish and true fundamentalist that live without an ounce of envy than i do 'spiritualists'.
:invcross: :invcross: :invcross:
Last edited by Blair on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

no. i didnt even read the blogger. acting like 'spirituality' isn't some horseshit nebulous smegma that really just reflects the cultures laziness to fight and have discipline and truly believe is completely blind. yes ive felt grounded in a my own experiences and sensations and ive manufactured my own idols and and my totems of personal significance. i'm not saying thats wrong. but that comdom has been stretched over the head of a enormous cock that it will never protect from a universe of falseness. and if you're coming to think that just by saying you're spiritual after feeling agnostic to just the term itself for the last 10 years well then you're in for a rocky road..

its just crystals and dumb girls with fucking hairy legs (but halfheartedly shaved pusses? :? ) leaving weird smooth stones in your dashboard as 'wards' for a long time.

i mean probably not because you're eough of a paranoid sociopath to avoid it but anyone have a run slower than you is fucking DOOMED.

just fuck a mormon instead
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Blair wrote:
fallbacktostone wrote: i respect the amish and true fundamentalist that live without an ounce of envy than i do 'spiritualists'.
:invcross: :invcross: :invcross:
even sunni extremists and wahabists who at least are so utterly terrified of not believing and not being good enough that the only way to prove they're truly believers is to die with explosives strapped to them. its fucked up that they cant fight actual enemies but i respect them. obviously the amish don't have such wayward envy as to have to kill to prove anthing. a suicide bomber must die because he doesn't yet truly believe.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

spiritual anarchists

take that horseshit to the joe rogan boards dude
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

that was so tongue in cheek via the you/blogger POV - it stings that you're trying to tape that on my back
fallbacktostone wrote:ive felt grounded in a my own experiences and sensations and ive manufactured my own idols and and my totems of personal significance
this is 100% spirituality IMPhO

if this is a semantics thing by all means offer up your own lexical placeholder for "transcendent shit in a human's head/heart that is undeniable yet would be 100% abolished in a human-free universe"
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

i dunno
Image Certified Poster
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

i like the term more-than-human (world)
Image Certified Poster
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

at least febtuus got his post into the balls thread before nappy time
As I said, the shamans and sorcerers whom I encountered in my travels always said that their ability to heal people was a by-product of a different kind of healing. Their primary work is to heal the relation the village and the land, to balance the equilibrium between the human gang and the more-than-human field of forces. If the magician was not simultaneously doing this work of offering prayers and praises and ritual gestures to the other animals and to the powers of the earth and the sky, then he might heal someone in the community and someone else would fall sick, and then he would heal that other person, and someone else would fall sick. The source of the illness is often perceived as an imbalance within the person, but it is actually in the relation between the human village and the land that supports it, the land that yields up its food, its animals for skins for clothing, and its plants for food and medicine. Humans take so much from the land, and the magician's task is to make sure that we humans always return something to the land so that there is a two-way flow, that the boundary between us — the human culture and the rest of nature — stays a porous boundary. The magician ensures that that boundary is a membrane through which there is this two-way flow, and that the boundary never becomes a barrier shutting out the other-than-human powers from our awareness.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Necrometer wrote:that was so tongue in cheek via the you/blogger POV - it stings that you're trying to tape that on my back
fallbacktostone wrote:ive felt grounded in a my own experiences and sensations and ive manufactured my own idols and and my totems of personal significance
this is 100% spirituality IMPhO

if this is a semantics thing by all means offer up your own lexical placeholder for "transcendent shit in a human's head/heart that is undeniable yet would be 100% abolished in a human-free universe"
then i apologize for my wanton fonting and italicization

i was giving you an ounce of sugar so i could still slap your foolish face. because then your transcendent shit in your head just somehow belongs to you? yeah your eyes are open and you're putting yourself atop the mountain but then it just stops there? is every single holy book ever just some over produced full length that lacks the might of the demos of that time you tripped in your parents house playing TSIB and then you climbed a tree for 10 hours?

i was telling you that i've wrestled with this impulse as well when i said that. christ died on the cross but it was truly god there also who died. it wasnt some silliness of, oh i'll just send my autistic son and then i've got this cool economy set up where they owe me forever. it was, i was here and now im dead and i died in front of you as a sacrifice so that you know that im gone. it's totally up to you now. the father and the son. the holy spirit is always the community of believers. not some ghost.

i dont know what i believe but we can't just go around thinking nothing has a price. the first 10 paragraphs of this book on thermodynamics ive been struggling with tells you that in no uncertain terms. it also doesnt mean we have to cover our women and suck the babies bloody dick or force women to have the children of our rapists.

we can't measure this shit and peer review and launch probes sadly. sadly. but we can't just act like everyone was okay as long as they've felt that feeling. which you aren't acting like that i'm blew my transaxle and i'm just grinding metal