things that make you rationally angry

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: things that make you rationally angry

Post by spacehamster »

Krieg wrote:You just remind me of another change introduced a few months ago, now here bicycles have to follow the traffic light for cars, which in my opinion is dumb. In former time cyclists had to follow the pedestrian light therefore they had a couple of seconds heads up.
Why did they change that? Angry motorists bitching about "entitled" cyclists because their road rage makes it impossible to bear starting five seconds after them? I've always said that's the way it should be - cross when the pedestrian light is green, and right turns on red lights. It's what I do, anyway, it's not like I zip across an intersection in the middle of a red phase or roll to the middle and then stop there like some of the hipster idiots who can't ride their bikes in a straight line.

That's another thing that pisses me off, by the way - the fact that a lot of my traffic-related issues are actually caused by other cyclists who seriously shouldn't be allowed to ride their fucking bikes. If you can't drive in a straight line, and you can't start without a meter to the left and to the right, you're not fit to operate your damn vehicle.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Necrometer wrote:bike laws absolutely should differ from car laws: cyclists' momentum is more precious, they have less power to demolish things in a collision, their well being is more at stake...
I'm lead to believe that it all boils down to the city potentially missing out on a FUCKTON of ticket money.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

People who have never sent you a single email ever and their first is a LinkedIn invitation to your work email.

:awesome:
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

I hope that's not directed at me :awesome:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

hipster holocaust wrote:
Necrometer wrote:bike laws absolutely should differ from car laws: cyclists' momentum is more precious, they have less power to demolish things in a collision, their well being is more at stake...
I'm lead to believe that it all boils down to the city potentially missing out on a FUCKTON of ticket money.
I'll admit all of Ross' points are correct from the perspective of a driver, but as a pedestrian I'm less concerned about being hit by a car than I am a reckless cyclist, since they act more entitled on the road than fucking cabs. I nearly get hit by a bike 3 times a day because some prick on a fixie doesn't think red lights apply to bikes.

Maybe the cops are more to blame since they never care enough to ticket people who commit traffic violations on a bike.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Zap Rowsdower wrote: Maybe the cops are more to blame since they never care enough to ticket people who commit traffic violations on a bike.
It's true. Not being checked turns you pretty cocky pretty quick.

Still, fuck the pigs.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The reason we act entitled on our bikes is because if everyone rode bikes instead of driving cars, the quality of life in cities would instantly improve by 200%. Fact. Fuck you.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

This absolutly belongs in the irrational hatred thread, but since the topic of bikes has come up....

I live in utopian white people suburbia land of rainbows, so I don't deal much with hipster bike culture share the road assholes unless I'm in the city where they're everywhere. However, I do have to come in contact (and this is where the irrational part comes in) with weekend warriors on bikes who think they're training for the Tour De France by wearing full bike race suits with sponsors on them. I'm 100% positive these people are sponsored by no one.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Cryptoplasty wrote: I live in utopian white people suburbia land of rainbows, so I don't deal much with hipster bike culture share the road assholes unless I'm in the city where they're everywhere. However, I do have to come in contact (and this is where the irrational part comes in) with weekend warriors on bikes who think they're training for the Tour De France by wearing full bike race suits with sponsors on them. I'm 100% positive these people are sponsored by no one.
These guys always make me giggle too. Mostly, though, it's because if I'm training and/or riding for fun as opposed to commuting, the last fucking thing I'd want to do is ride in the street and inhale exhaust fumes. Clearly the appeal is that you get to wear spandex, I can't see what else it could be.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I don't get it either and I do that type of riding, just sans logo jersey. I don't want to look like my favorite fucking rider, I just want to get out away from cars on a bike path or country roads where it is peaceful. Fuck I miss cycling, and when I'm all healed it will be January so I can't go on long rides and will have to put the spiked tires on. How did you do it Mike?
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Cryptoplasty wrote:This absolutly belongs in the irrational hatred thread, but since the topic of bikes has come up....

I live in utopian white people suburbia land of rainbows, so I don't deal much with hipster bike culture share the road assholes unless I'm in the city where they're everywhere. However, I do have to come in contact (and this is where the irrational part comes in) with weekend warriors on bikes who think they're training for the Tour De France by wearing full bike race suits with sponsors on them. I'm 100% positive these people are sponsored by no one.
Hah. Definitely a burb thing. The only people dressed down riding bikes around here are delivery guys. Those fucking body suits though :fp:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Geeheeb wrote:when I'm all healed it will be January so I can't go on long rides and will have to put the spiked tires on. How did you do it Mike?
When it gets too muddy and/or snowy I stop riding trails and then stop biking altogether for a while. Then I tell myself I'll substitute running, that fizzles out, and then I just try not to get fat until March.

I really suck on excessively slippery terrain, and given the number of injuries I've racked up over the years, I'm a bit gun-shy these days. I hear spikes work fine, though. I've also tried Swamp Thing tires, they're pretty excellent on mud and supposedly also work fine on snow. Those are gravity only, though, you don't want to ride them uphill.
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

Cryptoplasty wrote:This absolutly belongs in the irrational hatred thread, but since the topic of bikes has come up....

EVERY Saturday in the summer I get stuck behind a peloton of these yuppie assholes in their livery... I tend to take my dogs to that park because they like to sniff and run around by the river. It never ceases to amaze me how the Tour de Farce can piss me off INSTANTLY.
Eat shit and live...
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

hipster holocaust wrote:

Hah. Definitely a burb thing. The only people dressed down riding bikes around here are delivery guys. Those fucking body suits though :fp:

:lol: there was this Mormon dude i went to community college with and he looked exactly like Bubbles from trailer park boys, only with a fatter gut. Everyday he would bike to school and wear a full body tight neon colored suit. As if that wasn't bad enough, it turns out he took the bus from a neighboring town to school, and only biked 5-6 blocks from the bus stop. he wore a neon body suit to bike 5-6 blocks. :fp:
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Raw Ting wrote:

:lol: there was this Mormon dude i went to community college with and he looked exactly like Bubbles from trailer park boys, only with a fatter gut. Everyday he would bike to school and wear a full body tight neon colored suit. As if that wasn't bad enough, it turns out he took the bus from a neighboring town to school, and only biked 5-6 blocks from the bus stop. he wore a neon body suit to bike 5-6 blocks. :fp:
This...is glorious :lol:
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

you guys dont forget you are arguing with a gay dude. he will never understand
formerly ghost boner
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

worse things that a guy in a bodysuit poppin' a boner?
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

soiled depends wrote:worse things that a guy in a bodysuit poppin' a boner?
look at this crowd pleaser
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Roller derby.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

There's nothing rational about roller derby. Fat chicks skating in a circle is not a sport. Hating that then must be rational.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Pisscubes wrote:
Zap Rowsdower wrote:Roller derby.
It makes me angry, too, but I consider it irrational anger.

For rational anger: When my boss stands inches away from me while I'm editing and critiques shit I'm in the middle of doing.

"THAT TITLE IS OUT OF PLACE!"

"Yes. Because I created it literally two seconds ago and haven't moved it yet."

"THAT CUT SHOULD FADE."

"I just made that cut now. I have to add a fade after I find the exact frame I want to end on."

"WHERE'S THE MUSIC?"

[shoots self]
When ever you talk about your job I imagine Hank Hill telling the best UHF editor in Texas to "edit it bigger"
Wank night's cancelled
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:There's nothing rational about roller derby. Fat chicks skating in a circle is not a sport. Hating that then must be rational.
Yeah you're right, its not à sport. Its à fucking lifestyle, and you fuckers just dont get it, man...
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Pisscubes wrote:
Cascade Whore wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
Zap Rowsdower wrote:Roller derby.
It makes me angry, too, but I consider it irrational anger.

For rational anger: When my boss stands inches away from me while I'm editing and critiques shit I'm in the middle of doing.

"THAT TITLE IS OUT OF PLACE!"

"Yes. Because I created it literally two seconds ago and haven't moved it yet."

"THAT CUT SHOULD FADE."

"I just made that cut now. I have to add a fade after I find the exact frame I want to end on."

"WHERE'S THE MUSIC?"

[shoots self]
When ever you talk about your job I imagine Hank Hill telling the best UHF editor in Texas to "edit it bigger"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
What did that one idiot get mad because you couldn't do? Like, reproduce words she never actually said because she thought that editing software had become that advanced? Like the traveling matte in The Running Man
Wank night's cancelled
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Roller Derby is where the sisterhood of fat, insecure, overly tattooed Betty Page clones pretend to be tough once a week.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

burlesque's angry cousin