Consumption Be Done About These New Star Wars Movies ?!?!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Re: Consumption Be Done About These New Star Wars Movies ?!?

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i swear this isn't a condescending wiki link but as far as a clearinghouse of confirmed or pending info its okay:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmen ... pisode_VII

models and sets :tup:

lucas as consultant :fp:
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

that's pretty good for a first-timer, but once you read through it, you gotta stick to shitty THR reports of late-breaking rumours for bleeding edge confusion-inducement
FVBTVS wrote:are ford/hamill/fisher actually going to return as their characters and be filmed with a camera and not cgi'd?
yes and weirdest of all the current scuttlebutt has them as the fucking LEADS Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

what if its just like some broody dour 200 million dollar mike leigh tinged frumpfest with puppets and plastic models and matte paintings about a nascent or crumbling republic?? :mastoman:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
In August 2013, it was announced that cinematographer Daniel Mindel will be shooting the film on 35 mm film (specifically Kodak 5219),[52] and that the film would rely on the employment of real locations and scale models over computer-generated imagery, in order to make the film aesthetically similar to the original Star Wars trilogy.[53]
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Necrometer wrote:weirdest of all the current scuttlebutt has them as the fucking LEADS Image
How many years have passed in the storyline between RotJ and Ep VII?
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

FVBTVS wrote:what if its just like some broody dour 200 million dollar mike leigh tinged frumpfest with puppets and plastic models and matte paintings about a nascent or crumbling republic?? :mastoman:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
In August 2013, it was announced that cinematographer Daniel Mindel will be shooting the film on 35 mm film (specifically Kodak 5219),[52] and that the film would rely on the employment of real locations and scale models over computer-generated imagery, in order to make the film aesthetically similar to the original Star Wars trilogy.[53]
that would be phenomenal

and that spoiler about the camera tech is such unbelievable horseshit ... as if it's not going to be digitally color-graded and 3D'd to hell in post anyway
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Introvert wrote:
Necrometer wrote:weirdest of all the current scuttlebutt has them as the fucking LEADS Image
How many years have passed in the storyline between RotJ and Ep VII?
I think it's real-time, so almost 40 :theylive:
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i mean if you think about THE GRAND AND EAGLES AMERICAN EXPEFRIENCE, the heroes of its early fight for independence remained the political forces-that-be for a long-ass time; jefferson was president 30ish years after the declaration, madison went from virginia state legislature to constitution drafter to president

so really a bunch of old fucks being revered and faced with problems that they themselves cannot solve might make for some interesting if west wing-ish ceinema

haha jk here comes another cgi rasta bunny to do some soft shoe for us
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

In theory... I'm really excited about more Han Solo!
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

THE KILL wrote:
Steeb wrote:I got this from another site. Pretty col fan edit of A New Hope, grindhouse style. They also made on that put Empire and Jedi together with new editing and made it darker. Couldn't find that one though.

http://kickass.to/the-war-of-stars-a-ne ... 02954.html
That grindhouse version is fucking awesome, I think I've watched it twice already. I'd love it if the same person made a 70s version of Pacific Rim.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can get EMpire + Jedi recut by the dude that did the grindhouse New Hope?
I got it from a private site. It's not grindhousey but still a fun watch. The site was xtremespeeds.com. If you cant join PM me your email addy and I can probably invite you. Not sure if I have any invites though. I'm not sure how to host the file either.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

spacehamster wrote:
Iron Goldie wrote: Also this whole new series/Disney buy out has been a train wreck so far.
The worst part to me is that it might end up putting Dark Horse out of business. I've never read any of their Star Wars comics because I just don't care enough about SW anymore, but apparently they were pretty decend, and even if they weren't, I'm sure it was a huge cash cow for them that enabled them to put out all the good stuff that I did read... and now it's gone to Marvel.
I think Dark Horse will survive, though it may be rough for them for the first couple of years. Dark Horse puts out lots of other stuff, licensed and original. I always considered them a high quality publisher and bought from them even before I got heavily into Star Wars.

It is a shame though, because a lot of the Dark Horse Star Wars stuff is decent. Some of it is pretty great, even. Star Wars was first published at Marvel, for several years, and some of the old Marvel run is really fun and even interesting, but I don't have much confidence about modern Marvel handling the stories.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Steeb wrote:
THE KILL wrote: Anyways, does anyone know where I can get EMpire + Jedi recut by the dude that did the grindhouse New Hope?
The site was xtremespeeds.com.
Cheers man but that site seems to be gone... have been googling abit but no luck yet. Will post if I find a link to a torrent.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Necrometer wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:what if its just like some broody dour 200 million dollar mike leigh tinged frumpfest with puppets and plastic models and matte paintings about a nascent or crumbling republic?? :mastoman:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
that would be phenomenal
yeah. Remember how awesome Moon was?
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

THE KILL wrote:
Steeb wrote:
THE KILL wrote: Anyways, does anyone know where I can get EMpire + Jedi recut by the dude that did the grindhouse New Hope?
Cheers man but that site seems to be gone... have been googling abit but no luck yet. Will post if I find a link to a torrent.
They changed their URL.

http://www.xspeeds.eu
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Steeb wrote:
THE KILL wrote:
Steeb wrote:
They changed their URL.

http://www.xspeeds.eu
Thanks! Tried to register and unfortunately it asks for an "invitation code"... sorry for hassling you, but do you think you could send me an invite or something? Still haven't found EMpire + jedi recut anywhere else on the net...
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

"Adam" from Girls will be a/the villain Image

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:brokenheart: :tup:

I have 8 children.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

He just scored a huge role, why the long face?
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

first thing
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

pics: http://imgur.com/a/G38SF
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

it's gonna suck.

emo star wars.

kids incorporated with laser pistols.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

von sydow?! :shock: :brokenheart:

I have 8 children.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

is kenny baker inside that crate?
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

pretty sure that christopher lee has dedicated about the last twenty years of his life to embarrassing himself

von sydow is a little surprising, but he was in fucking judge dredd so :confused:
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

Post by Advances>|<MONKEY »

The shot of Lee on his little flying bike against what looks like a greenscreen from the 80s is without doubt the most endearing image of the prequels.

I hope the new one is terrible because I love hearing people complain about Star Wars.
"I AM THE LONE RANGER" = Donald Trump.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

george lucas fucked it all up by spending 20 fucking years jacking off on the first 3 flicks. the extra graphics were a disgraceful cash grab. it's like da vinci adding a street scene behind mona lisa so he could sell a few extra paintings at the superflea.

while he was goofing off with that shit he could have been making some goddamned star wars movies that people could get behind. but instead of giving the fans a quality film experience with an engaging storyline we got jar jar binks and pissy pants annakin skywalker scowling around like a fucking puss hole. darth maul…..more like mr. hotrod pinstripe face.

this franchise was over with return of the jedi, ya know why? when the bad guys lose and 3 ghosts wave at you…..THE SHIT IS OVER.
the only way selling this shit to disney would have been a good idea is if walt disney himself emerged from cryogenic freeze to direct.

i can only pray to the sweetest gods that the death star is real and it is about to take a shit on the epcot center.