secular humanist brony/MRA/PUA/MGTOW thread of fedorae

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: secular humanist brony/MRA/PUA/MGTOW thread of fedorae

Post by Necrometer »

james wrote:Isn't it JUST ONE GUY though? The 'MRA outrage at Mad Max' is just that illiterate retard from the Return of Kings website right?
there was a lot of the same sentiment on the IMDB forums, last I checked
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

james wrote:
riley-o wrote: I'll take back-biting, hateful, spiteful feminists over these weak-chinned spineless dipshits any day.
They're the same fucking people with different genitals dude
DING DING DING
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I wonder if any cat lovers tried to take all the Air Bud moves to task, and if their write up doesn't parallel the Mad Max one?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i actually got laid the other night and let me tell you something, it had been a fucking mintute too and i was starting to get the sneaking suspicion that the blacks, jews and women were all in cahoots against me and i was feeling mightily repressed..

not even joking
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:i actually got laid the other night and let me tell you something, it had been a fucking mintute too and i was starting to get the sneaking suspicion that the blacks, jews and women were all in cahoots against me and i was feeling mightily repressed..

not even joking

But these guys aren't getting laid. Your paranoia is reverse engineered.

Pisscubes wrote:I still can't really tell if the MRA types are just doing this shit to tell women to shut up
Well, that's a losing battle if I ever heard one.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:I still can't really tell if the MRA types are just doing this shit to tell women to shut up or if they really, truly believe they are repressed.
They're doing this because they can't get laid. If I may finally address the elephant in the room - take it from someone who almost turned into one of these fucktards. That's the reason. 21st century pop culture is more female-centric than it's ever been, but that only makes you feel alienated if you never interact with women and somehow think they're not part of the same species as you.

I'm gonna regret this post in the morning. *hic*
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:I still can't really tell if the MRA types are just doing this shit to tell women to shut up or if they really, truly believe they are repressed.
They're doing this because they can't get laid. If I may finally address the elephant in the room - take it from someone who almost turned into one of these fucktards. That's the reason. 21st century pop culture is more female-centric than it's ever been, but that only makes you feel alienated if you never interact with women and somehow think they're not part of the same species as you.

I'm gonna regret this post in the morning. *hic*
No, he's absolutely right. I went to an all boys Catholic high school. I didn't have a girlfriend (or even a friend that was a girl), and I rarely interacted with a female near my age for most of my tenure there. I wanted a girl friend. Hell, I wanted to just accidentally rub my elbow against a girl. And let me tell you, brother, if I ever saw something like a Cynthia Rothrock film, that had woman beating up dudes, it would send me into a fit. Chun-Li from Street Fighter II became a thing I always had to crush. This all went away once I kissed a girl on the mouth. A little human contact can go a long way.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I guess in the end it doesn't matter, since I have it on good authority Mad Max is for shirtlifters.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, it's really not rocket science - if you feel like women ignore you, you're going to resent them. And if that goes on long enough and comes into contact with an internet subculture that reinforces the worst ideas that grow out of that resentment, boom, MRAs.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Spacehamster, you have come a long way in the last few years. :tup:
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Cryptoplasty wrote:Spacehamster, you have come a long way in the last few years. :tup:
:pizza:

Age-induced indifference isn't always a good thing, but I think when it comes to this stuff, um, yeah.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

As Riley kind of said in the other thread....when you can't get laid you either become an MRA, or now increasingly a SJW. I don't want to mix threads but I have yet to determine which group is more toxic to itself. I'm starting to lean towards SJWs.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

Post by Advances>|<MONKEY »

FEDORE!

I hope these MRA filth cant see the new mad max, they dont deserve it! Positive masculinity for the fucking win!
"I AM THE LONE RANGER" = Donald Trump.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Cryptoplasty wrote: I don't want to mix threads
They're the same thread anyway.
but I have yet to determine which group is more toxic to itself. I'm starting to lean towards SJWs.
Honestly, I don't think so. The SJWs have a bit of influence outside their little bubble and since they ostensibly stand for things most people agree with - fairness and equality - they're not total pariahs. Generally they seem to think they're winning, and that makes them happy. I'd say if anything, they're more toxic to the rest of the world because their hysterical screeching occasionally actually does tilt things their way, albeit really only in the entertainment industry, which only they seem to think is the single most important thing in the world. MRAs only ever register on the rest of the world's radar as an oddity, and their "ideology" turns them into angry, bitter hermits. So they're extremely self-destructive, but also completely harmless to the rest of the world.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

you know, except the ones that go on shooting sprees
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:you know, except the ones that go on shooting sprees
But DOOM gets blamed for all that.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:you know, except the ones that go on shooting sprees
Are there any other documented cases besides Elliot Rodger, though? And if you watch a few minutes of that guy's Youtube videos, it's very clear that he was a bit more than a sad bastard who couldn't get laid and found too many friends online high-fiving him for being a sad bastard like them. This dude was seriously mentally ill.

Which isn't to say that the internet and the MRA bullshit wasn't a factor, obviously. If it was possible to look at these things without all the ideological shrieking, it'd actually be pretty interesting if someone thoroughly analyzed how mental illness, sociopathic behavior and social media interact. But I'm guessing if that'll ever happen, we're decades away from an unbiased look at this stuff.
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

We live in a time in which human Hefty bags of sausage gravy are convinced there is a conspiracy against being morbidly obese... because apparently, eating 4,000 calories of refined sugar every day is foisted upon them by the fat-people's version of the Learned Elders of Zion.
Eat shit and live...
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

mike, the "apart from that one case, is there another case?" isn't particularly persuasive, and i'm glad you talked yourself back from that ledge

mental illness and identification with fringe ideology of all sorts—chemtrails, eschatology, paul is dead—are pretty well-worn territory in an analytical and meta-analytical sense. it's too squishy and self-selecting for decent statistical insights, and i imagine you'd run into a series of methodological dead-ends before you found any semi-hard {hehehdhhdhehheheh} data of note. in my limited reading in the subject, it's all a matter of lack of insight: the undiagnosed mentally ill lack the capacity to recognize their own illness, just as the incompetent are in recognizing their own incompetence; with the availability of self-selection-by-hashtag insular communities, the message gets refined and perfected such that antithetical viewpoints are not just rejected, but viewed as dangerous and a thing to be eliminated, and the availability of other people echoing the sentiments are further proof of its validity. same probably holds true to a lesser extent for the mad about dicks set, but the nth degree of the shrill twitter reactionary feminist chorus is what, convincing people to not write CUM BINGO on copies of vogue in a public library? i'm not all that concerned that the next star trek series will feature nothing but black disabled lesbians. i'm worried that there exists a not-negligibly-sized group of people who own many guns and think rape is aight.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:tup:
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

the supreme apex neckbeard?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Toilet Fleet wrote:my limited reading in the subject
Got any good sources? I really do think this stuff is pretty fascinating, and if there's research out there, I'd love to read it.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

jean twenge is probably the best insofar as looking at baseline american (and let's be real, this shit may be a scourge in the oecd, but it is a genuinely american plague in terms of voraciousness and spread) psychiatric data and the rise/multidimensionality of conspiratorial thinking, and i say that as having the benefit of some recency of data

i mean, there's plenty of sociology papers (most of them actually pretty piss-poor re: scientific rigor but fun as a theoretical construct) examining the distinctly american notions of justice, individualism, etc., and how they shape one's perceptions of an intentional and directioned universe with the sequelae that you assume somebody a.) is always in charge and b.) there's always somebody to hold to account.

this is a good read, if kinda superficial: http://www.psypag.co.uk/wp-content/uplo ... sue-88.pdf
i've read a few of the cited source materials (like kay) and in so doing i've only read like one iota of what's out there in the field at-large. and that's juts the psy field; poli sci (inasmuch as you may believe that field actually exists per se), sociology, and economics have a fair amount to say on the subject, and obviously philosophical subfields like epistemology have insights into the question of what constitutes conspiratorial vs. attenuated thinking, standards of evidence, etc.

i just want to point out that cum bingo was probably my high water mark on this board