tsoukalos and icke: a thread for pop collective delusions

Music posts are a bannable offense.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: tsoukalos and icke: a thread for pop collective delusion

Post by riley-o »

elephants gerald wrote:riley, I love this. this guy is a titan. do you feel like the MMA fan community has more of these types than the general public? that seems to be my experience, and I'm wondering if the blame can actually all be put at rogan's feet? it can't just be his retarded influence
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I think it's safe to lay the blame for this at Rogan's feet, like how we can blame Helmet for so much of the music that followed Helmet. It doesn't mean I don't still enjoy Betty sometimes, or watching certain guests on JRE, but you can't listen without seeing what it became.

I would say MMA/BJJ is one of the hot, fertile breeding grounds of stupid conspiracy theories. Most of the people are BJJ nerds who spend a lot of time not knowing a damn thing about science, but wanting to appear smart and eager to learn, which leads to believing every dumb inflammatory theory that comes out of Rogan's mouth, and then gets transmitted like staph around the club, or mentioned on other podcasts. Rogan frequently says, "look I'm no scientist or engineer, but. Look at Tower 7 and TELL ME it doesn't look like a controlled demolition." Well, look Joe, sure it does, but where's your expertise to claim that same situation as it appeared couldn't be replicated without blowing the supports ? Youtube videos ?

So then these idiots, (and believe me, even smart for a fighter still qualifies as pretty fuckin dumb), without any proof, start telling each other about how Tower 7 was definitely an inside job with no evidence beyond the host of Fear Factor said it. And now you've created a situation where these people will believe any fucking crackpot theory about how the government is a malevolent force eager to mind-control every human possible and kill the rest. Which, with that incredibly simplified thinking, you just end up becoming the idiot that believes absolutely everything that is the opposite of the official story.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Blair wrote:
james wrote:On the reptillians... how many of you remember/have seen the TV miniseries V? It is undoubtedly where Icke got the inspiration for his story. It is about a race of reptile aliens who assume human form and take control of the governments of the world.
See also the Serpent Men from the shared mythology of RE Howard (especially), HP Lovecraft and CA Smith.
Ah but Lovecraft's are Babylonian...! A curious link for sure but not really the same. I know the collective mythology changed a lot when all those Derleths started... derlething but I don't recall them really being anything other than another race of man-hating monsters in HPL's stuff? My knowledge isn't great there, I really only remember them from like one story - but they were old, and lived underground in the middle east, right? No asumption of human form...?

Not nitpicking here or anything like that just fucking typing shit, I love this stuff so much

My knowledge of REH's universe is poor and irrevocably sullied/confused by my childhood love of the cartoon adaptation, movie, Marvel stuff etc - weren't his lizard-men some sort of survivors of Jurassic period Earth or something...? Like in Chrono Trigger hahah. I totally know they are shapeshifters for sure.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

james wrote: I'm always puzzled by the way in which his followers interpret the existence of a predictive science fiction series beating their whistleblower by about ten years...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictive_programming

james wrote: My favorite part is following the gradual changes in the 'aliens are real' narrative over the course of the past century or so - it shifts in perfect tandem with the science fiction of the time. Groups of contactess, abductees, etc report their experiences as being similar, but only for certain small trend-eras; the tracksuit-wearing, Nordic aliens of the 1970s no longer appear to be communicating with anyone, for example. I believe that this is because the depiction of aliens in the media changed.
http://www.amazon.com/Saucers-Swastikas ... 1935487752

a pretty interesting and indepth dissection of almost every known alien abduction meme from Adamski through the gray explosion, covering said media explosion.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

I only know one MMA-fighter, so that's not much of a sample size, but he is also a conspiracy theorist.
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

OH NO RILEY-OH!
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

badgevvrecker wrote:
james wrote: I'm always puzzled by the way in which his followers interpret the existence of a predictive science fiction series beating their whistleblower by about ten years...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictive_programming
Well yeah, that's a frequent claim - do you believe that that is what's happening in this instance?
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

well i don't believe in the transdimensionalizardati, so nah. sandy hook in the background of batman was pretty funny-queer, though. and i do believe in NLP, videohypnosis, and priming.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

badgevvrecker wrote:i do believe in NLP
goddamit dude
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

This fucking guy conversing with and quoting dumfucc in cunting 2013.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Isn't Thor exactly the type of person we want in a thread like this...?

Like what if there was some horrible dimension where a perversion of Newtonian law made it possible for someone to dislike me, and in this dimension there was a different messageboard about cats or something and I posted on it, but everyone always just replied with 'shut up' etc - but then someone made a thread called 'people who make music with old video game consoles wtf'

? then Riley, ? then

or like in your daily life when you walk down the street and all the villiagers throw apple cores and fish bones at you and the cops beat you up and fine you, but then someone makes a thread by saying 'but what about the importance of exercise, healthy diet and like a stuffed dinosaur or something, fred...?'

im just saying that it's just as likely that these other dimensions exist as it is we're all just little moths fluttering around in a baby's dream

Riley, ok?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

were still in this dimension, jame. and that fucking holographic faggot still just posts wikipedia links.. :wank:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

james wrote:or like in your daily life when you walk down the street and all the villiagers throw apple cores and fish bones at you and the cops beat you up and fine you,
:lol:

I guess it was the bard's day off
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

lemme be a little more clear:

NLP has provided me, personally, with an effective framework of heuristics to manipulate peoples opinion and perception in person via what appears to be covert hypnosis, applied semantics, and creative utilization of reductio ad absurdum. and it helps me to sell my extra shit when i no longer want it.

pragmatically i could give zero shits as to whether or not each and every part of it works based upon a proven scientific principle, because i've personally experienced it to be highly effective. do i believe that each and every principle guiding it is scientifically accurate? who knows, psychology is a very soft science, and it's really afraid of hypnosis. do i believe that it WORKS? yeah, very well on the 1/3 people who are highly suggestible, and pretty well on the 1/3 of people that have an average level of suggestibility. your mileage may vary, same with systema, because both require that you have a high degree of self confidence AND a pretty wide open mind. (can't wait for riley to flip his shit on that)
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

FVBTVS wrote:were still in this dimension, jame. and that fucking holographic Kuhni Lemmel still just posts wikipedia links.. :wank:
there are no unbiased sources, but wiki often provides an excellent synoptic review of a subject. you know, the sort of thing that a motivated individual could utilized if they actually wanted to have a good jumping-off point for studying a subject.
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

tee hee
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Necrometer wrote:
james wrote:or like in your daily life when you walk down the street and all the villiagers throw apple cores and fish bones at you and the cops beat you up and fine you,
:lol:

I guess it was the bard's day off
:awesome:
No Cunting Elves
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

Post by Advances>|<MONKEY »

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syBXuMFF9Zo<

Hah, apparently this is connected to that russian ufo special fox had on in the late 90s. Really creepy and nicely done. The head, with its weird old man face, and really fantastic feeling of weight really sells it. It's not really that convincing as a formerly living thing, but it's pretty cool.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axeFnzsg3gI<
It clued me into this to, which is like someone found a way to find the scariest thing imaginable to my 10 year old self. Really brings back memories of trying to get the stupid fucking dog to come back into the house after dark. This dumb youtube video is more frightening than any horror movie ever made.
"I AM THE LONE RANGER" = Donald Trump.
jews 4 cheez-its
Sounds of the Animal Kingdom

Post by jews 4 cheez-its »

terrible
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

riley-o wrote: Image
If anybody deserved to belong to an industry where being punched in the face is an integral part of the job...
:lj:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Indeed

And in one of life's cruelest ironies, he does one of the only fight sports with no striking
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

im opening a kickstarter to get him into mma :twisted:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

This is why no one takes you seriously, Thor. You seem to be somewhat intelligent, but you never learned how to think clearly. Let me help you with that.

Spoiler'd for size.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

they don't take seriously that i've subjectively found NLP techniques to be personally effectively? oh noes! i'm pretty sure you didn't actually read what i wrote last, merely thought you'd found a neat place to post what you thought might be a relevant infographic.

"Truth" is over-rated and generally unachievable in any realistic sense (and i hold "truth" in most peoples perception to be far different than repeatable methodology based upon statistical evidence).

Results, on the other hand, pretty damn useful. as for NLP aka Converstional Hypnosis mixed with Semantic Manipulation: i can achieve results from about 1/4 of the people out there with almost no effort, double that if i've got a few sessions. the "why" of this is of no consequence to me, beyond as a metaphorical framework for manipulation.

but i've never been a fundamentalist materialist, and i'm a pretty big fan of Robert Anton Wilson.
badgevvrecker

Post by badgevvrecker »

hey jerrod, what's your response to bratton on TED being functionally the Megachurch/RightwingRadio of the nonright?

http://www.bratton.info/projects/talks/ ... about-ted/