Re: True Detective (HBO)

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Look at this fucking louche.
No Cunting Elves
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

It's not completely worthless as I like some aspects of the investigation. Colin Farrell is alright, motorcycle cop is cliche but well acted and interesting anyway. Ani's okay. But I can't fucking stand Frank, I don't know if it's his character or the way Vince Vaughn delivers it, but I just don't care and his scenes seem to contain the absolute worst Pizzalottoisms. :nopizza: He's not convincing enough to go around acting like a jerkoff to EVERYBODY.

And since I keep watching this shit when I'm half-asleep or kind of wasted I have relatively little understanding of what's going on anyway :oops:
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

That latest scene with him and Volcoro after he mentions Stan and then they both look away to the female singer on stage for a little bit... ugh enough...
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

FVBTVS wrote: loved bolo joe for pulling a batman in front of his fat pussy son
:tup:

again, best part of this season is Ray and his fucked up interactions with children
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah vince is a huge drag on everything. any two dollar word coming out of his mouth just sounds like he's hacking up a cardboard box

handsome jack was great last episode just for one second being on an anal sex hangover the whole episode but all of sudden finding his place in the world again by being in a hail of gunfire. he looked genuinely serene in contrast to ani and ray at the end. beautiful attention to detail there

v sad antigone didn't get to lace that beaner up with her knife

cant wait for more scenes of mayor greasy and his evil peter pan son
Last edited by FVBTVS on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

and i already like the extended indictment of california as a fertile hub for quack spiritualism and the way every sick person with power in the show is somehow connected to that garbage. im guessing theres some hypnosis involved too

im guessing were also flashing forward in a way that is similiar to last season as well

pro-season 2

:theylive:

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

who wants to bet that sam the eagle looking black cop is one of the worst of the bunch in terms of sexual pervsions

probbaly has a cock like a piggy bank or something

with spikes

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

FVBTVS wrote:handsome jack was great last episode just for one second being on an anal sex hangover the whole episode but all of sudden finding his place in the world again by being in a hail of gunfire. he looked genuinely serene in contrast to ani and ray at the end. beautiful attention to detail there
i really liked that too. combined with Ani just sprinting after the truck with zero regard for her own life. she only looked super shook when she saw the toll on everyone around her.

obviously it's way less about the actual gunfight than the character details that it shook out. i mean, what, the guy they were after just hocked some dead mens' jewelry?

it's obviously too early to tell if the main plot is anything memorable but when it comes to the small details and being a churning mass of character portraits it's doing a really interesting job
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

the rest of the season should just be crowhead and fat ginger kid partying in a ballpit at chuck e cheese
formerly ghost boner
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote:he looked genuinely serene in contrast to ani and ray at the end. beautiful attention to detail there
I just thought that was incredibly obvious and poorly executed. Simple set up with Ray telling him he's a war hero earlier in the same episode, simple payoff later, and Kitsch made it about as believable as Vaughn's delivery of his poor man's Tarantino dialogue. If anything, I liked his scene in the diner earlier much better because it was so tragically ironic and at least not completely predictable.

Clearly a way better episode than 03, I guess, and for some reason I'm still watching, so there's that.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

This show peaked my interest again. It's good that they finally spent a huge chunk of this episode on the investigation, and made some solid progress this time. Plus, Vaughn is much better in the role as a gangster trying to get back in the game then a confused, scared husband.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote:This show peaked my interest again. It's good that they finally spent a huge chunk of this episode on the investigation, and made some solid progress this time. Plus, Vaughn is much better in the role as a gangster trying to get back in the game then a confused, scared husband.
his wife going from weird background party-pooper status to semi-badass accomplice is a nice turn too
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Chad wrote:this episode fucking ruled. better than any episode from season 1
no

fuck no
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

The mayor telling them to be safe was the highlight of the episode.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The mayor is awesome. The wife is awesome.

Compared to S1E04, there was absolutely no buildup to the shootout whereas last season's 4th episode was all buildup to the ghetto raid and escape.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

ITS NOT AS GOOD AS SEASON ONE

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

It's Dexter Season 1 to 4 quality tbh.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

it's fucking better than s 1
Last edited by Chad on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I think everyone here liked the carcosa stuff? Don't be mad Burn Notice and Sons of Anarchy have done shootouts better than that.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

The Real MPD wrote:episode sucked. season sucks.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Chad wrote:it's fucking better than s 1
Did you guys really love the way they casually walked up to the raid in the middle of the street in broad daylight?

The wife is fucking awful come on guys. And like someone said, the mayor is the best part of the show now that W. Earl Brown was off'd.

I'm so apoplectic right now fuck.
No Cunting Elves
godofdeadlydeath
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I do love Rick Springfield's creepy therapist guy.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://linktr.ee/unharrowed
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Honky Kong 64 wrote:
Chad wrote:it's fucking better than s 1
Did you guys really love the way they casually walked up to the raid in the middle of the street in broad daylight?

The wife is fucking awful come on guys. And like someone said, the mayor is the best part of the show now that W. Earl Brown was off'd.

I'm so apoplectic right now fuck.
And the first two cops killed were conveniently the ones that didn't have kevlar vests on. Star trek red-shirt level rediculous.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

you guys do realize that police conduct raids and arrests during broad daylight hours right?

:lol:

I have 8 children.