True Detective (HBO)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Re: True Detective (HBO)

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

FVBTVS wrote:you guys do realize that police conduct raids and arrests during broad daylight hours right?

:lol:
Yep that checks out.
No Cunting Elves
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

I was half expecting them to stifle their yawns with their guns.
No Cunting Elves
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

FVBTVS wrote:loved bolo joe for pulling a batman in front of his fat pussy son

Honky Kong 64 wrote:I mean, for sheer comedic value this season rules. But that's it. I don't think I've even been that bored by an action sequence like that shootout. Freeze frame this post.

:nopizza:
That action sequence was just so out of place.

I'm indifferent to this season. It has some moments but it's really inconsistent with acting and pacing, but it's still entertaining for less endearing reasons.
Chad wrote:Idget child might be the worst poster here though...
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote:
The Bill wrote:With Penny Dreadful finished for the year, I'm now down to this shit and Hannibal (as far as I know) as the only things I watch. Sure, I'll finish it but unless it takes a right turn into crazy land I want this show gone after this season. Make room for Steven King's Gunslinger or some shit.
Penny Dreadful started out weak but man it finished strong. :brokenheart: Rose :brokenheart:
Penny Dreadful was better this year than it was last year. Those episodes in the cabin are the best the show has ever done. Looking forward to how they're gonna bring everyone together in season three.

Not getting into TD that much this season. It has moments where it's genuinely good to me - like the dream sequence with Ray and his dad with the Conway Twitty impersonator - but overall this season just feels flat to me. I could sit around and list ways it could probably improve, but I'm sure you've all already heard it by now. I'll stick with it and see where it goes, all the same.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Wang Mandu wrote:Compared to S1E04, there was absolutely no buildup to the shootout whereas last season's 4th episode was all buildup to the ghetto raid and escape.
100% this. and it's in line with the core problem with this whole season. there is so much plot development packed into all the dialogue that you don't get any mood or atmosphere. that raid was set up with like two minutes of explanation… and then they're there and guns and blood and whoooo. I feel kind of the opposite of what copstache was saying about the character development that scene brought about... things are moving way too fast on this season for anything to sink in and/or have any weight. I'm with HK64 overall.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:wank: sooo confusing
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

It's just sloppy as fuck.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

FVBTVS wrote: :wank: sooo confusing
I took it as: why is any of this goofy shit happening, like, to what end

S1 complex, S2 complicated

case closed
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

thats pretty wild that you took at that way considering the image you posted says 'wtf' as in what the fuck and not why but okay..
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:wank:

I have 8 children.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

show gives me a what's happening feeling, though I'll cede that it's not one that could be fixed with any explanation

so maybe our prankster friend really is confused about the narrative itself...
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: Too bad they didn't give everyone else this much attention to detail.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

True Sadsack (HBO)
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

oh my god this "the gang's back together" shit :lol:

fuck me, what hack fraud is responsible for this
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
TheMooretician
The Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish

Post by TheMooretician »

Biggest revelation of this season so far has been that day-drunk Mayor Greasy is this dude from Dark Knight

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I don't think there's hope for me coming around on this season so all future bitching and cruel mockery from me will be in spoiler tags so people can opt-in for that sort of thing. I really wish everyone the best.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
[img]https://usatlife.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/vince1.gif?w=645&h=355[/img] wrote:
My father once told me a story about how during the height of the Cold War, the space race, the Americans had invested millions of dollars into developing a pen that could write in space. The Russians? They used a fucking pencil. That's me, Ray. I'm the fucking pencil. Casper's killers knew this, and now they're trying to erase everything i've built.

Sometimes you're just a clerk at a shitty motel listening to muffled sounds of assfucking through the thin walls. What i'm trying to say, Ray, is do you have a reservation? Cause we got no room for walk-ins, not tonight.

It's a dog eat dog world, Ray. And i'm the fucking chinamen.

Glass half-full, glass half-empty. It doesn't matter. The glass is fucking upside down and we're all in it.

They say the early bird gets the worm. But what the fuck are you supposed to do when it turns out the worm overslept?

You think you can stop a tank by standing in front of it, chinaman? Well I'm a fucking fighter jet and I got a payload to deliver to Hanoi.

She sells sea shells by the sea shore? She's a whore, Ray. And the only sea shell she'll be selling any time soon is her own fuckin' clam.

What happened to the chicken who crossed the road? Nothing. It didn't, cause I am the fucking road and no one crosses me.

They say life is like a box of chocolates. It looks like shit and gives you cavities.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Necrometer wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT:
I don't think there's hope for me coming around on this season so all future bitching and cruel mockery from me will be in spoiler tags so people can opt-in for that sort of thing. I really wish everyone the best.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
[img]https://usatlife.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/vince1.gif?w=645&h=355[/img] wrote:
My father once told me a story about how during the height of the Cold War, the space race, the Americans had invested millions of dollars into developing a pen that could write in space. The Russians? They used a fucking pencil. That's me, Ray. I'm the fucking pencil. Casper's killers knew this, and now they're trying to erase everything i've built.

Sometimes you're just a clerk at a shitty motel listening to muffled sounds of assfucking through the thin walls. What i'm trying to say, Ray, is do you have a reservation? Cause we got no room for walk-ins, not tonight.

It's a dog eat dog world, Ray. And i'm the fucking chinamen.

Glass half-full, glass half-empty. It doesn't matter. The glass is fucking upside down and we're all in it.

They say the early bird gets the worm. But what the fuck are you supposed to do when it turns out the worm overslept?

You think you can stop a tank by standing in front of it, chinaman? Well I'm a fucking fighter jet and I got a payload to deliver to Hanoi.

She sells sea shells by the sea shore? She's a whore, Ray. And the only sea shell she'll be selling any time soon is her own fuckin' clam.

What happened to the chicken who crossed the road? Nothing. It didn't, cause I am the fucking road and no one crosses me.

They say life is like a box of chocolates. It looks like shit and gives you cavities.
Holy fucking shit. All of the :pizza: in the world to this. :lol:
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

as with all great things, credit to 4chan
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Oh so this show's taking itself seriously now? :wank:
No Cunting Elves
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I guess it has to, since there's only 3 episodes left?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Guys, I... I really liked this episode.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

It was the least annoying, most informative.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ray wrote:It was the least annoying, most informative.
Pretty much. Things actually moved forward, Vince Vaughn's dialogue wasn't as terrible, and when people were standing around squinting, it actually made sense.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode. I just thought the "y'all batman now" part was hilariously stupid