Fallout 4

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Re: Fallout 4

Post by Ghost Dad »

Pisscubes wrote:.

I cleared Fort Hague or whatever it was called and put an end to the Kellog business-- I died a bunch in that fight and then just fucking hit him with a nuke and that was that.

I did the exact same thing :lol: didn't even bother talking to him.

I feel the same way, TERRIBLE dialogue, and having those dialogue options given to me doesn't tell me what my character is going to say, so a lot of guess work is involved when you need to make key decisions during conversations. I really preferred my character not having a voice in the prior two games so that I could use my imagination....the lackluster writing and lame personality of your character are a one-two punch to my enthusiasm for the only game I've been wanting to play for the past two years.

The black widow perk doesn't help much for speech checks. I have two ranks in it and fail most YELLOW speech checks (and my base chr is 3...)
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Cryptoplasty wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote: Can anyone give a good reason why weapons and armor that give a SPECIAL attribute boost are useful in this game? .
I have a specific set of armor I use where when I run into situations where I might need Charisma checks. Tuxedo, Pompadour, and a special pair of glasses that give me a total of +3 charisma. It works wonderfully. It doesn't work everytime, but it gets me past yellow and usually orange. I put 1 extra point into charisma with my current character and never passed a charisma check before I started doing this.
I will be doing this from now on. Tired of always failing those speech checks.

remember how in new vegas you could pass certain speech checks based off of having certain perks? that was pretty cool....
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i love all the clothing shit in these games but i get irrationally angry when i find a trilby
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

:lol:
I have the same problem. I think Bethesda is trolling everyone with their fedora placement.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

it could give me +2 to all specials and X3 on all sneak damage i'm not fucking wearing that

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

you know what else drives me fucking bat shit crazy? whatever happened to holstering your weapon and still seeing it on your person? i know its spergy but what the fuck?! i loved seeing a hunting rifle or a sledgehammer on dudes back..

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i fucking LOVE cooking stations

i fucking HATE that beta faggot on the diamond city radio. i cant even listen to it.

I have 8 children.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

cooking and chemistry stations are the whooop in this game, so many awesome stat bonuses at your disposal.

That dipshit they have for a d.j. is the worst. I want three dog back.

They rendered the north end fairly accurately, but my olde apartment is nowhere to be found :cry:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

oh great
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ambushed by a mutant behemoth, ran, ran some more, found refuge in a house, got jumped by some bugs, slide down into a hole, turn, face a death claw, die. NOW i'm going to HAVE TO spend ten hours trying to get the behemoth and the deathclaw to DO BATTLE
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

I have 8 children.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

you guys know there is an entire mission that deals with that DJ right? if you listen to that station I would suggest doing it.

there are so many little things and missions in this game that are easy to miss.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

he is a fucking DEAD man

I have 8 children.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
you don't kill him. you kind of become his PUA.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Cryptoplasty wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
you don't kill him. you kind of become his PUA.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

i promise if you do the quest, things will get better. it starts in the bar at diamond city.
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

Pisscubes wrote:I'm having the weird experience of wanting to continue playing the game but not being totally impressed or taken in by it.
yeah.

It's still a lot of fun to explore the world and all so whatever, but my disappointment with the dialogue system has progressed to full on hate. i refuse to even pick the triangle option at this point because it's always some inane fucking question. WHAT'S A SUPER MUTANT??? THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL, WHO ARE THEY?? uh,they're the organization you joined like 7 quests ago and have been fighting along side of all this time.
FVBTVS wrote:you know what else drives me fucking bat shit crazy? whatever happened to holstering your weapon and still seeing it on your person? i know its spergy but what the fuck?! i loved seeing a hunting rifle or a sledgehammer on dudes back..
I didn't even notice this :? this is gonna bother the shit out of me now
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:?

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

You all are big baby poo heads. It's game of the year. This dialogue nonsense you are all harping on...

Is it as good as the Mass Effect games? No

Is it as good as Duke Nukem saying, "I don't have time, to play with myself." No

Is it as good as listening to the people on that Sister Wives show my wife put on last night. Yes, in fact it's much much better. Much much much better, and those are real living type people.

Everything about Fallout 4 is much much better than Sister Wives, and if you don't like something in Fallout 4 it seems you must like Sister Wives. My logic solutions are infallible!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I realize I'm a less story-oriented gamer than most, but it kinda blows my mind how much you guys care about it. These games are all about discovering new areas and then killing the freaks inhabiting them, to me. I skip through the dialogue in games even when the story is good usually. I'm not trying to play a movie, I'm trying to play a game. That's what I wanted Fallout to do right and it definitely is. Oh conversations with NPCs are dumb ? Then go out with your friends and have stimulating conversation, then come home and shoot super mutants with a minigun, faggot
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

riley-o wrote:I realize I'm a less story-oriented gamer than most, but it kinda blows my mind how much you guys care about it. These games are all about discovering new areas and then killing the freaks inhabiting them, to me. I skip through the dialogue in games even when the story is good usually. I'm not trying to play a movie, I'm trying to play a game. That's what I wanted Fallout to do right and it definitely is. Oh conversations with NPCs are dumb ? Then go out with your friends and have stimulating conversation, then come home and shoot super mutants with a minigun, faggot
:fonz:

I have 8 children.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

the shooting is totally average though
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:the shooting is totally average though
Sounds like someone around here has all the Sister Wives episodes on DVD/Blu-Ray.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

riley-o wrote:I realize I'm a less story-oriented gamer than most, but it kinda blows my mind how much you guys care about it. These games are all about discovering new areas and then killing the freaks inhabiting them, to me. I skip through the dialogue in games even when the story is good usually. I'm not trying to play a movie, I'm trying to play a game. That's what I wanted Fallout to do right and it definitely is. Oh conversations with NPCs are dumb ? Then go out with your friends and have stimulating conversation, then come home and shoot super mutants with a minigun, faggot
:tup: Post of the year.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Spooky Apparition wrote:the shooting is totally average though
Only if you're playing with a controller.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

also

i fucking love going "UHH HUU" while people are talking

I have 8 children.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

FVBTVS wrote:also

i fucking love going "UHH HUU" while people are talking
YES. It almost makes it worth it to fly through the dialog. It also makes your guy sound like he doesn't give a fuck. Just like the player :lol: