TRUMP FIRED! TRUMP FIRED! TRUMP FIRED!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Re: TRUMP FIRED! TRUMP FIRED! TRUMP FIRED!

Post by Brutus Frank »

Hunter wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am ::Laughs in links to clickbait::

::Laughs harder in NY Post Newspaper font::

::Rolls over laughing in self-hatred::
It's good to know that everything could work out wonderfully for you, resulting in you living to 116 and having a huge family you love, and you'll still die hating yourself while never knowing meaningful happiness.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

::Cries laughing while posting in a community that doesn't like me::
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

"community"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Die very old and still mad about it
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Brutus Frank wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am I mean Stewart bought it for 5.8 million in 2005, paid taxes on a rate of $740k per year, sold it for 17.5 million, and the guy who bought it took a $4mil bath 5 years later selling it at 13.5 million. The most the NY state gov ever valued it at was 1.3 mil.

Am I agreeing with you?
I think so. This sounds like a standard real-estate transaction, not something where Jon Stewart was committing fraud or doing anything similar to what Trump did.

Sooo....
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

New York City real estate property taxation is not a straightforward thing (legally distinct and more complicated than the rest of the state, because fuck you, stop being poor). Property assessments do not fully comport with market prices because they don't by law. The property is valued based on presumed market rate of income that can be expected of market comparables. The assessment is 45% of that income-based market value--but that increase is realized through five consecutive 20% phase-ins per year. Yes, that means each new assessment year implements a new 20% phase-in on top of existing phase-ins, so there are potentially five phase-ins coming into effect in a given year. Finance people are masochists and do not deserve our respect.

Big caveat: a given fiscal year's new assessment cannot be higher than the aggregate of prior years' transitional assessments. So even if a property would normally have a big fuckin assessment increase year-over-year, that's effectively on pause until all prior transitional assessments either eclipse the new fiscal year assessment or have completely resolved. It's like the faggiest version of the stack in Magic: the gathering of the juggalos.

Second issue that pops up particularly in lower Manhattan, units with less than 10 units get an even more beneficial restriction on assessment increases: no more than 8% year-over-year or 30% over five years, and those increases are still subject to the same phase-ins and other pricing restrictions. So even as the NYC housing market is shit hot, units in smaller buildings get a huge benefit in determining assessed value

(REAL ESTATE PRACTICE POINT: those assessment restrictions are a huge factor in the market value of these homes! A unit in a 6-unit building will potentially have a substantially lower year-over-year tax hit than the same quality, size, etc., of unit in an 11-unit building The tax arbitrage would not be insubstantial, and would keep potential future returns higher and easier to market to future buyers.)
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Why is my toilet too bouncy
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Could be a simple reseating (can get away with plastic shims if you're tile on slab), but if the flange leaked and you're on a framed floor, you might need to replace the subfloor. That's easier than it sounds, not even a day's project

(If the sub was rotting but the flange itself seemed patent, that's a yet-undetected leak and not a fun time ahead)
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 pm (If the sub was rotting but the flange itself seemed patent, that's a yet-undetected leak and not a fun time ahead)
Happened to me last year with not one, but two bathrooms. The toilets are back to back separated by a wall. Never actually determined where the exact leak was because by the time I figured out what was happening, the water damage to the subfloor had spread in all directions. Insurance adjuster just told the restoration company to rip it all out. Previous owners used cheap particle board for subfloor when they did their own renovations. Found a patch of vinyl flooring under the master shower that tested positive for asbestos.

Took almost 6 months but ended up with two brand new bathrooms. Luckily insurance covered everything except $1000 deductible and about $1500 for some extra plumbing work. Careful with the bouncy shitter Jame!
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

They don't call me Toilet Fleet for nothin
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Nah the subfloor and all that is fine. I did have a leak but it was just from my ultra-hard water corroding the tank bolts which happens like once a year. I pull the tile up, point a fan on the floor and dry it out. Got bad once and had to replace some subfloor but not since.

The bounce isn't the body of the toilet itself but the tank. I actually do know why it's too bouncy, it was just a funny nonsequiter sounding question to ask after an informative post about a completely unrelated subject
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 pm Nah the subfloor and all that is fine. I did have a leak but it was just from my ultra-hard water corroding the tank bolts which happens like once a year. I pull the tile up, point a fan on the floor and dry it out. Got bad once and had to replace some subfloor but not since.

The bounce isn't the body of the toilet itself but the tank. I actually do know why it's too bouncy, it was just a funny nonsequiter sounding question to ask after an informative post about a completely unrelated subject
Next time you have to do those tank bolts, pour a 2 liter of off-brand cola in the tankafter you drain it, let it sit for 10-20 min first, eats the corrosion and makes them easier to remove.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Stupid hats: the forefront of political messaging for idiots over 30

Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

:drool:
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Apparently Donald Trump loves to DJ.

If Trump manages to lose again, he should team up with Paris Hilton and DJ for Norwegian Cruise lines.

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/04/donald ... mar-a-lago
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:43 pm :drool:
Doesn't he sleep until 12:30 by all accounts and then watch cable news for at least 2 hours before he does anything?
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

cxwx wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:09 am https://www.theamericanconservative.com/trump-2028/

Forever Trump
It's good that cyborg FDR's rotting AI powered head in a jar isn't allowed to still be president.

Case in point I'm thrilled neither Bush nor Obama can run again.

We should go to a single 6 year term like Nixon advocated for.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

cxwx wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:09 am https://www.theamericanconservative.com/trump-2028/

Forever Trump
There is already a workaround, if the GOP can maintain the House

They elect two Medvedevs to president and VP on a Trump Will Be President Again ticket; Trump runs for Congress in whatever district he thinks he can win (he could easily win a shitload of them); after being seated, House GOP elects Trump as speaker; president and VP simultaneously resign; Trump becomes president again by operation of succession

For being such a bunch of textualist constitution-humping xasthur fans, republicans sure hate parsing the fuckin text
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

I'm personally in favor of FDR being president forever.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

i am president now
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Geeheeb wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:39 am i am president now
Colonel Kitchel? Instead of generalissimo?
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

president
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

cxwx wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:07 am
Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:43 pm :drool:
Doesn't he sleep until 12:30 by all accounts and then watch cable news for at least 2 hours before he does anything?
You skipped the part where he sits in a makeup chair for 2 hours before he does anything. Then in briefings generals would have to dumb down reports and verbally read them to him in language he understood, like "These cartels are bad hombres that are totally unamerican."
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

It was a beautiful earthquake. The biggest earthquake in history. Men came up to me and cried because they knew I could stop those tectonic plates with my massive hands that will beat corrupt Joe Biden in an arm wrestling match.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!