DR Jordan Peterson

Music posts are a bannable offense.
User avatar
Pistol Whip
Tu Jofa
Posts: 3846
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Chuco Town

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:11 am

He's inspired me over the last year and half. He's helped me face a lot of fears in life. Fuck all you people. Im not coming back to this place and all of you can eat a bag of dicks because that's honesty. Because if I'm not being honest then the alternative is far worse. His Rogan podcast today was the best one yet. Buh bye sissies🖕

User avatar
Chad
need...miss...want...
Posts: 8431
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:08 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:58 am

fuck this Zionist cult figure and his marketable macho self-help. here's your hero. Joe Rogan is terrible too. Look at this wimpering worm who wants to tell you how to view daily life


User avatar
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18099
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: just a-passin' thru

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:58 am

Well, you know, I'm sure he got Tujofa to clean his room.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.

User avatar
Chad
need...miss...want...
Posts: 8431
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:08 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:27 am

needing a master is one of the surest signs that you are not tough enough to swing it. The rise of Jordan Peterson is actually really funny, because while all these failures are reading his books, the world is going on without them and they will need a new master soon. Manhood in that sense is an utter joke

Do precisely what you want to do without burdening anyone else, that's my advice

User avatar
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18099
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: just a-passin' thru

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:12 am

It's not at all surprising that Peterson is successful, and with some of the stuff he says, I get the impression he knows exactly which buttons he has to push for the neckbearded basement dwellers to start cheering. Like the interview where he basically complains about crazy bitches who only act like crazy bitches because they know men won't punch them in the face, just in his usual pseudo-academic vernacular and with that soft-spoken Kermit voice. It's painfully transparent. He also repeats the same maybe three points endlessly in a thousand different variations, but that's to be expected from someone who is basically making a living as a Youtube/Patreon personality. You've got to produce the content your supporters want to see.

Youtube is now flooding my feed with videos from people who are smarter and more informed than Peterson taking apart his points, and I watch about one of them a day. They're fun, and I kind of appreciate the fact that he's provoked them into being made, somehow.

There's also one where Jim Jefferies actually makes him implode and backpedal on a claim within like ten seconds. Jim fucking Jefferies.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.

User avatar
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.
Posts: 1964
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Norway

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:16 am

Of course you're the kind of loser who needs a crackpot with an effeminate crybaby voice to tell you to clean your room and stand up straight.

User avatar
Toilet Fleet
Little Bubby
Posts: 7578
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: You can find me in the tub, bottle full of Bud.
Contact:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:45 am

re: jim jefferies, it's not *super* surprising he could counterpunch a dimwit like peterson into oblivion; jefferies is fundamentally insightful while peterson literally cries about disney movies not having hero princes anymore

but yeah, peterson deals in the exact same "insightful" pabulum that other self-help gurus have traded in for decades, but done entirely through the lens of a gamergater. the only thing worse than peterson himself are the legions of peterson dipshits that, when somebody correctly calls out peterson on a factually bankrupt or logically insane claim, incessantly demand that people watch 74 minutes of other videos to get the "appropriate context"

User avatar
Chad
need...miss...want...
Posts: 8431
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:08 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am

big enough to throw light on the obvious disparities in modern life while tickling your audience's undeveloped racism and deep sense of failure. Racism they wouldn't even begin to understand, because Mr. Peterson's venture into the public eye surely has nothing to do with actual Racism. This guy Decries any sort of criticism of Israel, because he knows where his bread is buttered. He is safe, Fox News style boost for loser egos. He also serves the Jews and I hate his guts. Clean your room


User avatar
MeatGrease
Ponda Baba
Posts: 2878
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: Maniac Neil's Couch

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:33 am

spacehamster wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:12 am


Youtube is now flooding my feed with videos from people who are smarter and more informed than Peterson taking apart his points, and I watch about one of them a day. They're fun, and I kind of appreciate the fact that he's provoked them into being made, somehow.

There's also one where Jim Jefferies actually makes him implode and backpedal on a claim within like ten seconds. Jim fucking Jefferies.
Sounds like you need someone to spoon-feed you talking points before you can figure out your own opinion

very jordan peterson-esque actually

User avatar
FVBTVS
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 13707
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:38 am

MeatGrease wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:33 am


spoon-feed you talking points

you have a black belt in telling on yourself :lol:

User avatar
cxwx
Electric Lucifer
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm
Location: Sad, unsalvageable fuck

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:51 am




I did a trade with pistol whip (just CDR’s) over a decade ago and he never sent his half. I’m sure he just forgot.
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 61244
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:52 am

Chad wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:27 am
needing a master is one of the surest signs that you are not tough enough to swing it. The rise of Jordan Peterson is actually really funny, because while all these failures are reading his books, the world is going on without them and they will need a new master soon. Manhood in that sense is an utter joke

Do precisely what you want to do without burdening anyone else, that's my advice
one of your greatest posts, Chad :cheers:
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning

User avatar
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing
Posts: 38510
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Inside Crystal Mouvntain
Contact:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:38 pm

I think what he has to say regarding lack of direction in college/university students, and how talking with them about why they’re in school and setting small achievable goals massively decreases male dropout rates, if true, is beneficial and worthwhile, and I think taking that idea of setting small goals (“aim low !”) to get yourself out of ruts/depression can be helpful. Granted, neither of these ideas are even remotely close to original or complex, but that doesn’t make them invalid or untrue. It also doesn’t make the rest of what he says valid or true simply because part of it is. A lot of the conclusions he draws seem either unsubstantiated, illogical, naïve, or utopian. And it invariably makes me laff how he invariably gets emotional while relating whatever subject you can name to fuckin Pinocchio or Peter Pan.

Regardless of how you feel about Peterson, though, I find it truly hilarious how Tujofa took his message to be, “go tell the members of the message board that mocked you for a full decade you’re never coming back even though you’ve already been gone for years and no one even noticed.”
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER

Glub
Streetcleaner
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:58 pm

MeatGrease wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:33 am
spacehamster wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:12 am


Youtube is now flooding my feed with videos from people who are smarter and more informed than Peterson taking apart his points, and I watch about one of them a day. They're fun, and I kind of appreciate the fact that he's provoked them into being made, somehow.

There's also one where Jim Jefferies actually makes him implode and backpedal on a claim within like ten seconds. Jim fucking Jefferies.
Sounds like you need someone to spoon-feed you talking points before you can figure out your own opinion

very jordan peterson-esque actually
Do you have some kind of scat fetish in addition to your latent homosexuality?

That's the only reason I can figure you keep coming back here knowing full well you're going to be shat on.

Or you're dumb.

You having a head full of fucking rocks is always an explanation when it comes to your champion-tier dipshitery.

Fuck the fuck off to anyone who ends sentences with "actually." That's such internet-only bitch shit.
Last edited by Glub on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeatGrease wrote:
Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

MeatGrease wrote:
I'd have to warn you that you'd be walking into your grave if you tried to meet me anywhere I live.

MeatGreast wrote:
I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.

Glub
Streetcleaner
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:58 pm

Necrometer wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:52 am
Chad wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:27 am
needing a master is one of the surest signs that you are not tough enough to swing it. The rise of Jordan Peterson is actually really funny, because while all these failures are reading his books, the world is going on without them and they will need a new master soon. Manhood in that sense is an utter joke

Do precisely what you want to do without burdening anyone else, that's my advice
one of your greatest posts, Chad :cheers:
I'm going to second this being some strong shit.
MeatGrease wrote:
Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

MeatGrease wrote:
I'd have to warn you that you'd be walking into your grave if you tried to meet me anywhere I live.

MeatGreast wrote:
I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.

User avatar
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18099
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: just a-passin' thru

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:08 pm

riley-o wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:38 pm
A lot of the conclusions he draws seem either unsubstantiated, illogical, naïve, or utopian.
He calls himself a "clinical psychologist" and then mounts entire lectures on C.G. Jung. It's really kind of fascinating to me how that doesn't literally make his skull physically implode as his brain eats itself.

Anyway, I still think it's not the worst thing in the world that someone who at least pays lip service to the idea of scientific rigor and the notion that being an intellectual is actually a good thing is taking up so much space in the conservative echo chamber - I'll gladly take that over the raging anti-intellectualism that's otherwise rampant in that world. But what he's actually saying is still pants on head retarded, and as someone with a background in psychology, I have to say the ham-fisted way he arrives at his conclusions makes the rest of us look bad.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.

User avatar
FVBTVS
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 13707
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:13 pm

the idea that the left is laser focused on 'equality of outcome' is one of the more consistently overused and over stuffed staw men i've ever seen deployed by anyone.

his bible stuff is good! his close readings of Nietzsche are good too. he wouldn't be so fucking utterly parodic if he had any sense of humor about himself or literally anything. i'm a self mythologizing loon as much as the next guy but he is so regarding and self serious he makes prime delusion era henry rollins sound like carrot top. and his attempts at illustrative anecdotes are also almost always totally inane and embarrassing :lol:

User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 61244
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:38 pm

FVBTVS wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:13 pm
he makes prime delusion era henry rollins sound like carrot top
hahaha

can anyone summarize the lobster thing - I tried to figure it out once but the rabbit hole tricked me and I failed the quest
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning

User avatar
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 17533
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Fart og

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Low self esteem? I have a PhD and hate women! Come with me...
MeatGrease wrote:I think New Jersey has permanently fucked up my DNA

User avatar
Toilet Fleet
Little Bubby
Posts: 7578
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: You can find me in the tub, bottle full of Bud.
Contact:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:50 pm

the lobster thing is the incredibly stupid and attenuated conclusion that is as follows:

lobsters have a serotonin-based nervous system
lobsters have hierarchies
lobsters will get improved serotonin-based feedback if they are succeeding within the hierarchy
therefore, current human hierarchies are based on this same innate mechanism, not from without

this is, obviously, the dumbest bullshit reach of a conclusion you could take from those earlier facts, but hey, we're talking about a guy whose major audience had apoplectic meltdowns about ethics in gaming journalism

User avatar
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 18099
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: just a-passin' thru

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Necrometer wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:38 pm
can anyone summarize the lobster thing - I tried to figure it out once but the rabbit hole tricked me and I failed the quest
I never bothered to fact check the serotonin thing because it's little more than an amusing factoid, but basically what he's saying is that lobsters get depressed when they lose a fight, and so therefore it's natural that hierarchies exist and everyone wants to be the top dog. It's all part of this ridiculous strawman argument where he insists that the "cultural marxists" (which is a fabricated bogeyman) believe that anyone who is more successful than someone else is an oppressor and there is no "success", just exploitation. He has a preposterously short-circuited understanding of what he calls post-modernism, probably because he's only ever had it explained to him by screaming college freshmen.

EDIT or what TF said. Sorry, I was cleaning my room.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.

User avatar
Toilet Fleet
Little Bubby
Posts: 7578
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: You can find me in the tub, bottle full of Bud.
Contact:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:01 pm

hope you swiffered, bucko

User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 61244
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:09 pm

thanks guys

everything I know about science and philosophy suggests that will-to-power crustaceans are not only likely, but an inevitability

so I'm afraid I can't jump on the hatewagon in this case
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning

User avatar
Chad
need...miss...want...
Posts: 8431
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:08 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:22 pm

he flirts with a Traditionally conservative mindset, While lacking the argumentative thrust to make it an actual thing or giving anything other than gutter appeal to his points. Are we supposed to be for Involuntary euthanasia now? tell me which lobsters are tough enough? he's also well in line with the neoconservative Outlook and this suits his target audience perfectly well, because they are assholes lacking intelligence who needed someone from above to make them nod in agreement

User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 61244
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.
Contact:

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm going to establish my own youtube/podcast/blog-based cult wherein I indoctrinate people to the revolutionary idea that shit that happens in nature doesn't necessarily inform on what we should be doing ethically/morally/societally... in fact, quite the contrary
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning

Post Reply