James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Re: James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Post by cxwx »

featherboa wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:32 pm so we're there chinese people in there or ?
I think there were sun bears.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Please do not spread any misinformation about the Chinese restaurant in California.

These diseases are normal and the food is all normal.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

The beakers full of AIDS, like all containers filled with AIDS, came from a farm. Experts agree about the farm filled with AIDS.
Eight Bit Alien

Level 5 Danger Warning: everyone who went to this McDonald's got AIDS. Experts agree that this most likely occurred when the McNuggets fell into the french fries. Pangolins went flying everywhere.
Eight Bit Alien

There was a pangolin working the drive-thru and everyone at the deli has smallpox.
Eight Bit Alien

New wet market just dropped
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:13 pm Level 5 Danger Warning: everyone who went to this McDonald's got AIDS. Experts agree that this most likely occurred when the McNuggets fell into the french fries. Pangolins went flying everywhere.
I went to a McDonald's the other day and the mangers stuck his dick in the ice cream machine and was rapping a girl and burned her ass on the grill and I said hello can I get some service here? But he just continued raping people and he took a shit in a bun and served it to an old lady and she ate it and said it tasted better then the regular quarter pounder.
Eight Bit Alien

Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Finally tested positive. Boo went to visit her sister for 4 days and was already symptomatic on the trip home. We wore respirators around each other, ate outdoors, slept in separate rooms, and installed some intake and exhaust fans to increase ventilation - and I tested positive yesterday. Right now it isn't that bad. I'm pretty sure I got it in late feb of 2020 from a coworker who went to Mardi Gras but there wasn't a test then.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Eight Bit Alien

:shock: that's a lot of precaution. I'm sorry it still got you, and I hope very much that you don't get too sick. Keep us posted big man, and good luck :brokenheart:
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

random ass spreading virus
Image Certified Poster
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

I had it a few weeks ago for the first time. I caught colds back east that were worse. I'm pretty tuff though, so there's that. Good luck, Kevs.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

featherboa wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:31 amass spreading
:bigdog:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I'm def not as sick as Feb 2020, but I have bad aches, fever, and a rough sore throat. I haven't been so sick that I took sick leave from work, but I am an informatics nurse and I am fully remote.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Geeheeb wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:29 am I'm def not as sick as Feb 2020, but I have bad aches, fever, and a rough sore throat. I haven't been so sick that I took sick leave from work, but I am an informatics nurse and I am fully remote.
I hope you're feeling better soon, Kevin! Body aches are the low-key worst, IMO. Can't sleep well because you can't get comfortable - and less rest means slower recovery. I don't know why you're still working though. I'd be in bed watching Price is Right like the limp wristed, namby-pamby invertebrate I am at heart.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

That's a sweet fucking gig. I could never get my foot in the door to start that path, because I'm lazy. I got sick from work, so I got a two week paid vacation.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Unless you have a masters degree, you kinda have to be in the right place at the right time to get into the field. I have a post-grad certificate, but not a masters - I went to a hospital that was going through a big transition from Paragon to Cerner. I worked hard as a super-user and then got to be a nurse educator, which then lead into informatics. A few months back I left that for a fully remote job with a huge hospital system that uses Epic and things are great. My team is amazing, boss and directors are great, there are actual physician informaticists so if a dr tries to pull some "I'm Dr. Glub you don't know what you're doing" crap they just handle it.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

I've worked with a few informatics folks. They all got into it similar to how you did. I've had a couple of opportunities to be a superuser for something, because I work with boomers that don't know shit about computers, but I'm not dedicated enough to throw myself into the work required. Maybe next time something comes up I'll give it a rethink.
Eight Bit Alien

Being a mod here is basically like being a superuser for the dementia ward
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

boo laughed real hard at that jame
Eight Bit Alien

You should set up a fake stop sign in case Gabalgow ever wanders away
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I have rebound covid and it sucks.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

No Shots, No COVID